What have you done to your Silverado ZR2 this week? 🛠️

Anyone try a Lomax folding hard cover on theirs? I had one on my Gen 2 Raptor and I loved it. Doesn't block the rear window when folded and easy to install and remove. Never leaked and decently priced.

Anyone try a Lomax folding hard cover on theirs? I had one on my Gen 2 Raptor and I loved it. Doesn't block the rear window when folded and easy to install and remove. Never leaked and decently priced.
I have a buddy who has the Lomax. I don't care for it when compared to the BAK MX4. The quality and the way the panel rubber gaskets look where the panels fold look sketchy. The MX4 appears to be superior in several ways and has a 5-year warranty versus the Lomax 3-year warranty. I have the MX4 on my new truck and, I must say, I love this thing! You can get a MX4 for around $1100.

Last edited:
I have a buddy who has the Lomax. I don't care for it when compared to the BAK MX4. The quality and the way the panel rubber gaskets look where the panels fold look sketchy. The MX4 appears to be superior in several ways and has a 5-year warranty versus the Lomax 3-year warranty. I have the MX4 on my new truck and, I must say, I love this thing! You can get a MX4 for around $1100.
If I'm not mistaken, it blocks more of the bed when not folded up against the window than the Lomax does, and I didn't want to have a design that blocks my rear window view. Also, the waterproofing, from what I've read re the MX4 is less effective. The Lomax didn't leak at all no matter what I ran it through. However, I am not a Lomax loyalist, it just worked well on my last truck, so I'll take a look at the BAK and see what I can find out. Thanks for the reply.

If I'm not mistaken, it blocks more of the bed when not folded up against the window than the Lomax does, and I didn't want to have a design that blocks my rear window view. Also, the waterproofing, from what I've read re the MX4 is less effective. The Lomax didn't leak at all no matter what I ran it through. However, I am not a Lomax loyalist, it just worked well on my last truck, so I'll take a look at the BAK and see what I can find out. Thanks for the reply.
I've got the Bak MX4. It works well and looks great. Time will tell if it proves to be durable, but it is not hard use and is susceptible to dust and water intrusion.

I use my rear view mirror camera to look out the back so I never have to look out the rear window so that wasn't even a consideration for me. We're getting a TON of rain from Debbie right now and my bed is dry. I can't speak to dust as we don't have that like Axe has in AZ. I think a lot of it has to do with the quality and alignment of the installation of the cover and not the cover itself. The gasketing on the MX4 is definitely superior to that of my buddy's Lomax. I like the look of the Lomax a lot and it's very low profile like the MX4, I just wasn't impressed with the rubber gaskets Lomax uses. Don't get me wrong as it is a fine cover...just not for me.

Last edited:
Installed high clearance steps, American flag bullet antenna, and adjusted the T-bars 4 turns. Looks pretty level, and haven't noticed much difference in ride. May bring it back down a turn, gonna give it some time to settle in and see how I feel. Good times.

Attachments

• IMG_4914.jpg
    IMG_4914.jpg
    359.8 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_4917.jpg
    IMG_4917.jpg
    181.1 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_4918.jpg
    IMG_4918.jpg
    378.7 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_4910.jpg
    IMG_4910.jpg
    307.9 KB · Views: 70
Removed this GoRhino power retractable light bar thing. Was on the rig when I bought it and it’s not my taste!

Looks cleaner without it, oh and the rear bed/rear view camera isn’t blocked!

Attachments

• IMG_6513.jpeg
    IMG_6513.jpeg
    162.3 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_6527.jpeg
    IMG_6527.jpeg
    233.7 KB · Views: 38

Most Member Reactions

Back