What have you done to your Silverado ZR2 this week? 🛠️

Little stuff this time. Had to add my Sig sticker and diesel cap...

View attachment 15493View attachment 15494
1000039443.jpg

Set of Amp Research steps. Not hard but frustrating identifying wires in the BCM. Green plug is actually light blue. I seem to have found 2 green/yellow stripes wires. Shout out to AXE for advising the magnifying glass. Also note to self, unsure when drilling pinch welds for lighting? Do NOT attempt to drill through any spot welds. Great quality. I installed a set for a customer almost 20 years ago. Not having to drill every door for switches and running entire harness inside the cab is a huge step. I don't think it's worth running a pass through OBD unless you run a tuner that requires it to stay connected to work.

Good update, doesn’t the extra OBD make it plug and play? Plus it allows my iDash to be plugged in too.
Think I’m going this route soon

Good update, doesn’t the extra OBD make it plug and play? Plus it allows my iDash to be plugged in too.
Think I’m going this route soon
The install is not plug and play. At all. Once installed, yes, plug it in, but by no means plug and play. If your using a secondary obdII device, I can see using the pass through. Personally, I don't see why AMP uses the obdII port at all. If not using another device, simply unplug when you need the port. With the current install? Should have just hard wired entire system as they used to be

Drained whatever oil was in it when I purchased it and took off the no named filter. Now she has Pennzoil Platinum and a Wix XP filter along with a fumoto valve. At least now I know what is in it. Also added a tonneau cover and bed extender.

Chopped out some honeycombs in the grille to push my Rigid light bar out (too much light loss when mounted behind grille). And made room for a couple Diode Dynamics combo ambers. They work as DRLs and combo fog/driving when activated.
IMG_1142.jpeg
IMG_1141.jpeg
IMG_1140.jpeg
IMG_1138.jpeg

Borla S-type exhaust installed today. Sounds so much better.

I will say though, I thought that flapper valve was squeaking when I left off the throttle. Now that it isnt there, the squeak persists. Guess Ill have to look further into why that is happening now.

Borla S-type exhaust installed today. Sounds so much better.

I will say though, I thought that flapper valve was squeaking when I left off the throttle. Now that it isnt there, the squeak persists. Guess Ill have to look further into why that is happening now.
Best to remove the flapper when changing out the muffler.

Last edited:
Bet to remove the flapper when changing out the muffler.
That flapper is gone :) I made sure I told them that and then I looked when I got home. I changed out the entire cat back and not just the muffler.

I did some other reading, seems others have this issue where there is a quick chirp when the truck downshifts etc. Some have it on start up to. I saw it mentioned that killing DFM also stopped it. Apparently GMs response is its normal and told dealers dont take the, "the other trucks on the lot dont sound like this," as a reason to repair lol.

Most Member Reactions

Back