What was the SINGLE most favorite mod you did to your truck? MENTION ONLY ONE!

i was reading specs. dual antenna in unit, not remote. i just wanted it out of sight. i still like it. thanks
Another option is mounting it with one of the grid attachments that go into the void space above the infotainment screen. It won't be out of sight, but more discreet and easily removed with a quick attachment.

rather, is that a permanant mount on dash. sorry.

Loving my R8! Do a Blendmount and get it up on the rear view mirror.

You want it up high on the windshield. You can always easily remove it from the mount and store it away.

Zr2nyc, it's mounted on dash with a tiny velcro strip.

Powered by a usb cord plugged into my USB port. I had to buy this cord aftermarket from Amazon but it was cheap.

Everyone else, about my detector placement... I am deaf, deaf as I can hear nothing. That's why it's directly in my view, just under the HUD. I know high up is the optimal position, but it's not optimal to me because I can't hear it beeping to get my attention. That's why it's in my line of sight.

Zr2nyc, it's mounted on dash with a tiny velcro strip.

Powered by a usb cord plugged into my USB port. I had to buy this cord aftermarket from Amazon but it was cheap.

Everyone else, about my detector placement... I am deaf, deaf as I can hear nothing. That's why it's directly in my view, just under the HUD. I know high up is the optimal position, but it's not optimal to me because I can't hear it beeping to get my attention. That's why it's in my line of sight.
thanks..good info.

My fabbed winch mount on a duramax ZR2. Very very tight fit
Hey man-
Great work on this-
What did you have to modify to get this to work?
I assume the intercooler was the issue.
Did you change the bracket that mounts the winch, or the bumper too?

Not even a week old so I've only swapped the stock antenna and installed the cold air induction.

Attachments

• PXL_20240819_204002099.jpg
    PXL_20240819_204002099.jpg
    199.5 KB · Views: 28
  • PXL_20240819_203945430.jpg
    PXL_20240819_203945430.jpg
    318.3 KB · Views: 28
CAI's do nothing on a non-tuned engine. The relocation of the MAF can have a negative impact. The K&N is not a closed box and sucks in far more heat that the OEM box which is actually very very good! It will make more noise, but it will have little to no impact on HP and TRQ that you would ever notice since the RPMs required are at the very top of the RPM band. If anyone "feels" a difference, or thinks it's helping a shift point, or increased mpg, it's all in your head to justify the money you just spent ;) At the end of the day, if you like the looks of it, and the sound it makes, then it's worth the money. Otherwise, bad idea.

For me, It was leaving the truck alone and just enjoy it. Every time I mod something, it comes back to bite me in the ass.
I've modded everything I've owned in the past. Lifts, wheels, exhausts, supercharger, stereo, you name It, I've done it. I'm old af. Today? Nada. Always been the biggest waste of money. Maybe wheels and tires and leveling Kit. Last truck, simple leveling and 35" Coopers. K&N filter. Side steps cuz I'm old. 😂😂😂

CAI's do nothing on a non-tuned engine. The relocation of the MAF can have a negative impact. The K&N is not a closed box and sucks in far more heat that the OEM box which is actually very very good! It will make more noise, but it will have little to no impact on HP and TRQ that you would ever notice since the RPMs required are at the very top of the RPM band. If anyone "feels" a difference, or thinks it's helping a shift point, or increased mpg, it's all in your head to justify the money you just spent ;) At the end of the day, if you like the looks of it, and the sound it makes, then it's worth the money. Otherwise, bad idea.
100%!! Save your money and put in a K&N filter and call it a day.

@securityguy is to CAIs like Rocky is to Drago, one may understand his fuel to rid the world of them but no one will ever fully grasp the nuances behind his sheer will and inability to so bluntly and boldly call anyone out on a forum for being ignorant, incorrect, and stupid…

He’s just making aspirated engines great again, leave it at that 🇺🇸🍻😂

I get the most daily joy out of the Ultimate 9.
When I pick up the kids from school I drop it into L2-L3 and just stab the throttle between 4K-5K RPM and let the truck lurch and bounce all the way home and the kids giggle in the back the whole time. Makes them happy, makes me happy.

Looks wise I'd say the full body Line-x.

Yeah but I got a flex gate too and don't know if it will work with the flex. Like you, I want something that works with my flex gate because I use it all the time. @ZR2BIZON showed me this one as well.

I have that one...doesn't work. I forgot that the tailgate hits it and destroyed my latch. I'll have to replace that soon and bend the body panels back into shape. Ugh

@securityguy is to CAIs like Rocky is to Drago, one may understand his fuel to rid the world of them but no one will ever fully grasp the nuances behind his sheer will and inability to so bluntly and boldly call anyone out on a forum for being ignorant, incorrect, and stupid…

He’s just making aspirated engines great again, leave it at that 🇺🇸🍻😂
No need to sugar coat it and just say it like it is my friend...the facts are the facts ;)

Most Member Reactions

Back