What was the SINGLE most favorite mod you did to your truck? MENTION ONLY ONE!

What type of exhaust mod can I doo for under $300 that will make it sound more like the beast it is without having sensor or code issues??? Going to get a proper cat back system next year.
I've got all the tools except for a welder. I was thinking along the lines of a Muffler delete and lock the flapper valve open. I have a 22 so no active.

That looks awesome.
Thanks. Fairly straight forward install, but lots of nuts, bolts and washers. EVERY single fastener was loaded with thread locker so its solid. Useful in so many ways!!!

Attachments

• 20240728_163251.jpg
    20240728_163251.jpg
    269 KB · Views: 21
  • 20240728_163302.jpg
    20240728_163302.jpg
    264.1 KB · Views: 21
What type of exhaust mod can I doo for under $300 that will make it sound more like the beast it is without having sensor or code issues??? Going to get a proper cat back system next year.
I've got all the tools except for a welder. I was thinking along the lines of a Muffler delete and lock the flapper valve open. I have a 22 so no active.
Swap the muffler, essentially the same as the “cat back” systems anyway and a lot less coin. Many threads on here about the Borla S or ATAK muffler swaps to give you an idea. I think some have even tried the muffler delete as well.

You can run it in tow haul mode or L9 which turns off the active fuel management and therefore the “flapper” is essentially useless without having to even mess with it. If you don’t turn off AFM and keep the flapper open it creates undesirable sounds.

The sound I assume you're referring to...... is the downshifts when the DFM is active? I was thinking the muffler delete is the best way to go. Just cut and straight pipe...But I really want it welded nicely.

I just don't have a welder. I would do a lot more myself but don't have the room for garage style supplies. I'm in an apartment.
SOOO scratch the flapper weld?

The sound I assume you're referring to...... is the downshifts when the DFM is active? I was thinking the muffler delete is the best way to go. Just cut and straight pipe...But I really want it welded nicely.
Yes, the flapper is there solely for the cylinder deactivation to manage back pressure and, as a result, the “sounds”. All I’m saying is, if you cut the “flapper” or weld it open, you need to disable (one way or another) the cylinder deactivation or just deal with some odd exhaust sounds and drone at times.

You can certainly delete the muffler, I believe there are some on here that have done it but if memory serves they all ended up putting a muffler of some sort on later FWIW

AWE and Magnaflow have straight pipes for $100. A sawzall and a wrench and you will have an aggressive sound. If you don't like it, you can go to the Magnaflow bolt in exhaust for $600 or just splice in another can.

AWE and Magnaflow have straight pipes for $100. A sawzall and a wrench and you will have an aggressive sound. If you don't like it, you can go to the Magnaflow bolt in exhaust for $600 or just splice in another can.
Mine has the MBRP straight pipe, was about $100 landed and no regrets. Still there.

Most Member Reactions

Back