6.2L Engine replacement

Please show me where in the manual it says to dump the oil at 500 and cut open the filter

Reddit has frequent posts of motor failures. Far more than discussed here.

The number is irrelevant, but the lack of remedy is pathetic. They are still producing bad motors and the customer is paying the price. If your down more than a couple weeks, there should be an automatic buyback. Waiting 2 to 3 months is simply bullshit
And how many of those POSTS are TRUTH? Mind you I have seen many of those motor posts....Again, I guarantee they ARE working on a fix...They simply CANNOT recall every single one of them on the road and try to remedy them...will cost MILLIONs..
You better come back to me By MY26 or MY27...

Plenty of reasons why.
1. Bad break in. Rapid acceleration can cause issues...bad driving is to blame.
2. Ignoring metal in the oil after 500 miles...checking the filter and using PROPER oil type, and doing nothing to remove the metal shavings.
There's always gonna be metal in the oil at 500 miles, might be at 1000, 1500, etc........

Reddit has frequent posts of motor failures. Far more than discussed here.

The number is irrelevant, but the lack of remedy is pathetic. They are still producing bad motors and the customer is paying the price. If your down more than a couple weeks, there should be an automatic buyback. Waiting 2 to 3 months is simply bullshit
Two weeks shy of 2 months and still waiting for a field tech to come look at mine. Once I hit two I will be retaining a lawyer for a buyback or for a significant amount of monetary payment made to me to keep the truck

And how many of those POSTS are TRUTH? Mind you I have seen many of those motor posts....Again, I guarantee they ARE working on a fix...They simply CANNOT recall every single one of them on the road and try to remedy them...will cost MILLIONs..
You better come back to me By MY26 or MY27...
They literally can, they just don't want to

Do all of you actually KNOW MORE than the Manufacturer or the very engineers who designed these trucks do?
likely not, but i'd bet a dime to a dollar that every.single.person. who's replied to you know more about the internal workings of an internal combustion engine than you.
Two weeks shy of 2 months and still waiting for a field tech to come look at mine. Once I hit two I will be retaining a lawyer for a buyback or for a significant amount of monetary payment made to me to keep the truck
you're definitely going to break my 1.75 months without a truck streak. i retained an attorney. make sure you retain one with lemon law experience. i spoke to a local and he indicated i had a great case and one just like he done over a year ago. he wrote a letter, they offered his client $5K, he countered with $15K, the settled in the middle at $10K.

after talking to an attorney with experience in lemon law, there's zero doubt in my mind he left money on the table.

EDIT: check the laws of your state. in the state of WV, any time a new vehicle is in the shop for greater than 30 days within the first year of ownership, it qualifies.

likely not, but i'd bet a dime to a dollar that every.single.person. who's replied to you know more about the internal workings of an internal combustion engine than you.

you're definitely going to break my 1.75 months without a truck streak. i retained an attorney. make sure you retain one with lemon law experience. i spoke to a local and he indicated i had a great case and one just like he done over a year ago. he wrote a letter, they offered his client $5K, he countered with $15K, the settled in the middle at $10K.

after talking to an attorney with experience in lemon law, there's zero doubt in my mind he left money on the table.

EDIT: check the laws of your state. in the state of WV, any time a new vehicle is in the shop for greater than 30 days within the first year of ownership, it qualifies.
In AL it is the same thing, I am a little more hesitant because the dealer I purchased from has me in a loaner truck with no restrictions. They have done right by me so far so don't want to do anything behind them until I know they can't help me. So far they have started the conversation to get my payments reimbursed until the truck is fixed my next steps really hinge on if those conversations fall through or not

In AL it is the same thing, I am a little more hesitant because the dealer I purchased from has me in a loaner truck with no restrictions. They have done right by me so far so don't want to do anything behind them until I know they can't help me. So far they have started the conversation to get my payments reimbursed until the truck is fixed my next steps really hinge on if those conversations fall through or not
best offer i got while they had my truck was 3 years of onstar for free, $500 in GM rewards, and something about a free accessory. :ROFLMAO:

1724706244340.gif

^^^THIS^^^, 125%

a friend of mine is a retired chevy dealer, sold out several years ago. when telling him about my situation, not in the same words but that's exactly what he said.

i have mine back and took it to the Chesapeake Friday with boat in tow. i swear it runs better now than it did the first 5600 miles before the main bearings let go; those bearings were junk from mile 0 and it showed in engine performance. when i bought the truck i didn't feel like it ran as good as the last 6.2 i had and I attributed it to change in tech or whatever, didn't know. and, i wasn't aware of the issues they were having at the time. this engine runs as good if not better than the last 6.2 truck i had.

i've moved forward with retaining an attorney and going for lemon law; the attorney indicated i have an excellent case and would highly likely get some sort of relief (trade for new one of same value when this one was new, cash payment of difference between value when it went down vs new value, or complete buyback). it was at the dealership for 1 week shy of 2 months. all it takes in WV is for the vehicle to be for service over 30 days in a one year span. so, screw GM, the prix can replace it with a new babymax.

hope the dude that resurrected this thread has better luck on timely repairs than i did.
great news and good luck.

I am NOT saying it is an excuse. I am aware of some cases in the Middle East as well....that said, we cannot DENY that they are trying to rectify the issue....which I am sure they will by MY26.....

If you want to buy another brand, go ahead and do so. But BE WARNED: they too have serious issues of their own.
You are missing my point. I contend these types of issues simply shouldn’t be happening on GM v8s…it’s unacceptable to me. You obviously justify all of this, which is fine as well. To each his own.

Yes, they are replacing motors while under warranty…once out of warranty, it’s on the owner, they aren’t rectifying that. Your tone might be different if you had to pay for the repairs as some have.

I am not naive, I know others have problems. Bought my daughter a brand new Colorado zr2 the other day, dropped it off at the dealer today with an oil leak that they fear is a rear main seal…apparently they shipped a bunch with bad seals that are starting to show up at dealerships across the country with oil leaks. 800 miles…if that’s true, gotta drop the tranny and tear into it.

I sold my 6.2, I didn’t want to potentially mess with it and won’t buy another until they truly rectify what I consider fundamental problems. Problem solved for me on the v8, now we shall see on the 4 banger turbo…not starting off good.

To each his own, I have zero issues with how anyone wants to spend their money. You do you, Enjoy the ride 👍

Last edited:
You are missing my point. I contend these types of issues simply shouldn’t be happening on GM v8s…it’s unacceptable to me. You obviously justify all of this, which is fine as well. To each his own.

Yes, they are replacing motors while under warranty…once out of warranty, it’s on the owner, they aren’t rectifying that. Your tone might be different if you had to pay for the repairs as some have.

I am not naive, I know others have problems. Bought my daughter a brand new Colorado zr2 the other day, dropped it off at the dealer today with an oil leak that they fear is a rear main seal…apparently they shipped a bunch with bad seals that are starting to show up at dealerships across the country with oil leaks. 800 miles…if that’s true, gotta drop the tranny and tear into it.

I sold my 6.2, I didn’t want to potentially mess with it and won’t buy another until they truly rectify what I consider fundamental problems. Problem solved for me on the v8, now we shall see on the 4 banger turbo…not starting off good.

To each his own, I have zero issues with how anyone wants to spend their money. You do you, Enjoy the ride 👍

Sorry to hear that on your daughters truck. That is simply unacceptable. It just can't be that hard to put these things together reliably after decades of the same essential components.

Sorry to hear that on your daughters truck. That is simply unacceptable. It just can't be that hard to put these things together reliably after decades of the same essential components.
Unfortunately, and this is not a generational statement… cheapest bidder parts, no more pride in the craft (the actual workers), and brand arrogance dominate the world these days. No real end in sight either…

Unfortunately, and this is not a generational statement… cheapest bidder parts, no more pride in the craft (the actual workers), and brand arrogance dominate the world these days. No real end in sight either…
I agree with this 100%!

My first Chief Engineer back in the early 90's had a saying "You can have it fast, or you can have it right".... we need to slow down a bit to ensure what we build, design, or create is correct to the best of our abilities. It might take longer and cost more up front, but will end up saving money and time in the long run.

well said.

I agree with this 100%!

My first Chief Engineer back in the early 90's had a saying "You can have it fast, or you can have it right".... we need to slow down a bit to ensure what we build, design, or create is correct to the best of our abilities. It might take longer and cost more up front, but will end up saving money and time in the long run.
100% but that statement was never said in the boardroom in front of shareholders..sad!

I agree with this 100%!

Someone should of told the engineers of the Cyber Truck that.

Most Member Reactions

Back