6.2L Engine replacement

Did not claim it....
But the NONSTOP complaints make it look like it is 10%....
imagine that, someone complaining about the engine in their fairly new low mileage vehicle blowing up. who'd have ever thunk it.

that can't be though, all of those people are either lying or exaggerating their engine imploding. that's it, i must have exaggerated that the engine in my silveraydo stopped running and it was found to have bad main bearings.

But I am sure they are working on those issues........Otherwise why they would issue a CSP? They know the problem and are trying to sort it out.
By MY26 it will likely be brought down to low levels...
I may add it is NOT easy for them to recall EVERY single truck on the road and fix the problems...it would be a HUGE and costly affair. Toyota sells less amounts, so they can do it but still will suffer issues such as backorders and poor resale on their trucks...
I re-edited my post here....
And in the Tahoe-yukon forum, that is said as one explanation of the rod bearing issues....

imagine that, someone complaining about the engine in their fairly new low mileage vehicle blowing up. who'd have ever thunk it.

that can't be though, all of those people are either lying or exaggerating their engine imploding. that's it, i must have exaggerated that the engine in my silveraydo stopped running and it was found to have bad main bearings.
Plenty of reasons why.
1. Bad break in. Rapid acceleration can cause issues...bad driving is to blame.
2. Ignoring metal in the oil after 500 miles...checking the filter and using PROPER oil type, and doing nothing to remove the metal shavings.

Here ya go, LINK to proof that no CSP has been issued for GM main bearings. Now you can believe him.
The first link is of an MY22...truck. I have seen all of these things anyways....
And as I said, the Tahoe yukon forum mention about the CSP being a POSSIBLE reason as to why they are going bad.
What is the part number of the newer engines?

Plenty of reasons why.
1. Bad break in. Rapid acceleration can cause issues...bad driving is to blame.
2. Ignoring metal in the oil after 500 miles...checking the filter and using PROPER oil type, and doing nothing to remove the metal shavings.
I'm sorry if you think any part of the rotating assembly (bearings especially) generating metal shavings that can be visibly seen in a filter during break in is normal, you have a fundamental misunderstanding of how an engine works. Only things needing break in on a new engine build are piston rings to the cylinder wall. At NO POINT during engine operation should bearings make contact with the crank, ever.

Both of your points are honestly invalid in that context

I'm sorry if you think any part of the rotating assembly (bearings especially) generating metal shavings that can be visibly seen in a filter during break in is normal, you have a fundamental misunderstanding of how an engine works. Only things needing break in on a new engine build are piston rings to the cylinder wall. At NO POINT during engine operation should bearings make contact with the crank, ever.

Both of your points are honestly invalid in that context
I am NOT saying it is normal....all I am saying is that it must be REDUCED with certain actions, such as changing the oil filter, changing oil etc...

Toyota recalled theirs because they had the NHTSA breathe down their neck and because they SMELLED a Lawsuit incoming....The new Tundras have pathetically bad resale values on them now....
That does NOT make them magically better than Chevrolet....There is a CSP on the 6.2 engine as of now. And for every one having issues, thousands others will be running without problems.....
I forgot to add that the Tundra engine costs 25k+ to fix...imagine that out of warranty? Would you pay 25k+ out of warranty for a new Tundra motor, or fix a 6.2 out of warranty?
If I were asked to buy an MY23 of either, I would NOT at this stage. I will still to MY20 or below.
There's gonna be a class action lawsuit on these 6.2L motor failures as well. When GM settles it after 5 years of fighting and millions in lawyer fees, they will pay the plaintiffs lawyers millions more and everyone with a failed 6.2L motor will get $50 and a commemorative "Like A Rock" Bob Segar cassette tape.

There's gonna be a class actuon lawsuit on these 6.2K failures as well. When GM settles it after 5 years of fighting and millions in lawyer fees, they will pay the plaintiffs lawyers millions more and everyone with a failed 6.2L motor will get $50 and a commemorative "Like A Rock" Bob Segar cassette tape.
That will be a silly lawsuit...and I DOUBT it will ever work.
The lifter lawsuit THEY NEVER PAID...
Always you people make mountains of molehills....

Before you go please tell us what exactly engine break in does, especially as it pertains to the rotating assembly of an engine
Break in is as per the manual...
And by the way, if you want to buy another brand...go ahead and be my guest. They also HAVE THEIR OWN ISSUES...

You know..... I think I am done with this thread.....
Break in requires a lot more.....
No you're not!
1000039538.gif

Hate to tell you this but go to any other forums, AT4, Escalade, generic silverado/sierra forums. You will see a ton of threads about blown up L87s
Reddit has frequent posts of motor failures. Far more than discussed here.

The number is irrelevant, but the lack of remedy is pathetic. They are still producing bad motors and the customer is paying the price. If your down more than a couple weeks, there should be an automatic buyback. Waiting 2 to 3 months is simply bullshit

Most Member Reactions

Back