6.2L Engine replacement

That was for MY21-22 I believe....there was a bad batch. That said, there were some 6.2s that do not have auto-start stop button...but I am not sure if they have DFM.
More 5.3s are made than 6.2s...also another factor.

If you make 600000 per year vehicles, then I suppose 30k COULD be at risk/or fail? Right?
I expect that GM & Ford would have the most problems, since they build the most trucks. But still for what we have to pay we should have very few issues in my opinion. I see a lot of crap about how Ram & Jeep suck for quality. I've had 3 Dodge / Rams with hardly any issues. I also had 2 JK Jeeps with very few as well. I know at least 20 other people with ram's & Jeeps and they too have had very little issue. I think a lot of this garbage is just internet complaints. Who knows, maybe the complainers don't even own any of these brands, LOL.

I expect that GM & Ford would have the most problems, since they build the most trucks. But still for what we have to pay we should have very few issues in my opinion. I see a lot of crap about how Ram & Jeep suck for quality. I've had 3 Dodge / Rams with hardly any issues. I also had 2 JK Jeeps with very few as well. I know at least 20 other people with ram's & Jeeps and they too have had very little issue. I think a lot of this garbage is just internet complaints. Who knows, maybe the complainers don't even own any of these brands, LOL.
I do agree partially with your points.
I would say that 50% of the failure rate is exaggerated online , with a vocal minority, while the other 50% happen in the real world....mostly with bad maintenance and rarely with bad luck.
But the new RAMS are a different story altogether....

You do realize there is a cost to this also. As I said...statistics hardly factored into buying decisions here in Qatar.
They cannot SIMPLY copy other manufacturers...in trying to make PERFECT vehicles..when they can lose sales over already doubly overpriced cars...

Take the new Tundra as an example. Resale values are falling rapidly.....and even with the engine replacements...try to imagine the costs outside warranty...25k+.
I simply don't give a fuck about their costs. They have record sales, revenue, profits, and are doing stock buybacks to protect Wall Street. Put that money into your product and help the consumer. We're the only thing that fucking matters and we always will be. GM sold their souls to the Devil like every other corporation in the past 5 years. They only exist to serve their masters. They can fuck right off with all their bullshit!

I simply don't give a fuck about their costs. They have record sales, revenue, profits, and are doing stock buybacks to protect Wall Street. Put that money into your product and help the consumer. We're the only thing that fucking matters and we always will be. GM sold their souls to the Devil like every other corporation in the past 5 years. They only exist to serve their masters. They can fuck right off with all their bullshit!
Try telling this to the Locals in Qatar who bought them...they will beat you up before you know it.
You sadly are only one disgruntled customer...plenty of happy people out there with no issues.
Likewise..the manufacturer will NOT give a hoot about your comments....which likely is not worth to them.
If you want to endorse someone else.(eg: Toyota) ..go and do it elsewhere.

Last edited:
Try telling this to the Local in Qatar who bought them...they will beat you up before you know it.
You sadly are only one disgruntled customer...plenty of happy people out there with no issues.
Likewise..the manufacturer will NOT give a hoot about your comments....which likely is not worth to them.
If you want to endorse someone else.(eg: Toyota) ..go and do it elsewhere.
Qatar can fuck right off too! Forward that message to your Local if you like, I ain't planning some pilgrimage to Mecca!

Qatar can fuck right off too! Forward that message to your Local if you like, I ain't planning some pilgrimage to Mecca!
Your entitled silly attitude does not help either....is this what you do when you take your truck to the dealership for repair?
:mad::mad::mad:
Insulting me does NOT help the situation...

Last edited:
98% agree but i traded my 2014 ram 2 door sport with low miles because it fell apart as i drove it. i think its luck of the draw.

I do agree partially with your points.
I would say that 50% of the failure rate is exaggerated online , with a vocal minority, while the other 50% happen in the real world....mostly with bad maintenance and rarely with bad luck.
But the new RAMS are a different story altogether....
The catastrophic engine failures being reported are not bad maintenance. An American v8 having full engine replacements in any volume today is absolutely absurd…stop making excuses, call it what it is.

Your entitled silly attitude does not help either....is this what you do when you take your truck to the dealership for repair?
:mad::mad::mad:
Insulting me does NOT help the situation...
No, they know when I walk in I ain't in the mood for bullshit, so they roll up their sleeves and get to work. This is a family run dealership and for the most part I actually think they still care about customer service. GM corporate is the problem, not the rank and file employees for the most part.

For 37 years, I've never driven anything but Chevy's. I bought a license to bitch about subpar quality. You can call it entitlement all you want, but I've never seen the number of issues I've seen with these 22-24 trucks and it's not just the motors. Most of it is unforced errors by corporate hacks chasing a dollar.

Most of it is unforced errors by corporate hacks chasing a dollar.
^^^THIS^^^, 125%

a friend of mine is a retired chevy dealer, sold out several years ago. when telling him about my situation, not in the same words but that's exactly what he said.

i have mine back and took it to the Chesapeake Friday with boat in tow. i swear it runs better now than it did the first 5600 miles before the main bearings let go; those bearings were junk from mile 0 and it showed in engine performance. when i bought the truck i didn't feel like it ran as good as the last 6.2 i had and I attributed it to change in tech or whatever, didn't know. and, i wasn't aware of the issues they were having at the time. this engine runs as good if not better than the last 6.2 truck i had.

i've moved forward with retaining an attorney and going for lemon law; the attorney indicated i have an excellent case and would highly likely get some sort of relief (trade for new one of same value when this one was new, cash payment of difference between value when it went down vs new value, or complete buyback). it was at the dealership for 1 week shy of 2 months. all it takes in WV is for the vehicle to be for service over 30 days in a one year span. so, screw GM, the prix can replace it with a new babymax.

hope the dude that resurrected this thread has better luck on timely repairs than i did.

No, they know when I walk in I ain't in the mood for bullshit, so they roll up their sleeves and get to work. This is a family run dealership and for the most part I actually think they still care about customer service. GM corporate is the problem, not the rank and file employees for the most part.

For 37 years, I've never driven anything but Chevy's. I bought a license to bitch about subpar quality. You can call it entitlement all you want, but I've never seen the number of issues I've seen with these 22-24 trucks and it's not just the motors. Most of it is unforced errors by corporate hacks chasing a dollar.
Unless you can PROVE what you claim, I can as well say it is lies.
Yes, I do not DENY that issues do happen with regards to the bearings and other things here and there... there have been defective units WHICH IS WHY THERE IS A CSP on the issue...hence also my reference to Qatar......but you are continuing to exaggerate it, like most technicians ONLINE do saying I have XYZ amount of experience and I have seen XYZ trucks in with severe issues....so the company is trash etc etc etc.
I am SICK of hearing this again and again.
And you complaining about it will do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.
Feel free to continue to blast me...it will NOT change a thing

Last edited:
^^^THIS^^^, 125%

a friend of mine is a retired chevy dealer, sold out several years ago. when telling him about my situation, not in the same words but that's exactly what he said.

i have mine back and took it to the Chesapeake Friday with boat in tow. i swear it runs better now than it did the first 5600 miles before the main bearings let go; those bearings were junk from mile 0 and it showed in engine performance. when i bought the truck i didn't feel like it ran as good as the last 6.2 i had and I attributed it to change in tech or whatever, didn't know. and, i wasn't aware of the issues they were having at the time. this engine runs as good if not better than the last 6.2 truck i had.

i've moved forward with retaining an attorney and going for lemon law; the attorney indicated i have an excellent case and would highly likely get some sort of relief (trade for new one of same value when this one was new, cash payment of difference between value when it went down vs new value, or complete buyback). it was at the dealership for 1 week shy of 2 months. all it takes in WV is for the vehicle to be for service over 30 days in a one year span. so, screw GM, the prix can replace it with a new babymax.

hope the dude that resurrected this thread has better luck on timely repairs than i did.

At least I can appreciate that they took care of it..... Toyota is just as bad now with their issues in having to replace all 102000 engines..

They should have given you a loaner, if you were eligible.
Or, why didn't you get a rental from Hertz or something esle.

The catastrophic engine failures being reported are not bad maintenance. An American v8 having full engine replacements in any volume today is absolutely absurd…stop making excuses, call it what it is.
I am NOT saying it is an excuse. I am aware of some cases in the Middle East as well....that said, we cannot DENY that they are trying to rectify the issue....which I am sure they will by MY26.....

If you want to buy another brand, go ahead and do so. But BE WARNED: they too have serious issues of their own.

Most Member Reactions

Back