6.2L Engine replacement

At least I can appreciate that they took care of it..... Toyota is just as bad now with their issues in having to replace all 102000 engines..

They should have given you a loaner, if you were eligible.
Or, why didn't you get a rental from Hertz or something esle.
i did, they gave me a 2017 chevy malibu.

they didn't have a choice but to take care of it. it had 5622 miles on it and was 8 months old.

at least toyota had the stones to recall theirs. GM didn't and i'd bet a dime to a dollar that as many or more 6.2's have blown up than toyotas recalled.

i did, they gave me a 2017 chevy malibu.

they didn't have a choice but to take care of it. it had 5622 miles on it and was 8 months old.

at least toyota had the stones to recall theirs. GM didn't and i'd bet a dime to a dollar that as many or more 6.2's have blown up than toyotas recalled.
Toyota recalled theirs because they had the NHTSA breathe down their neck and because they SMELLED a Lawsuit incoming....The new Tundras have pathetically bad resale values on them now....
That does NOT make them magically better than Chevrolet....There is a CSP on the 6.2 engine as of now. And for every one having issues, thousands others will be running without problems.....
I forgot to add that the Tundra engine costs 25k+ to fix...imagine that out of warranty? Would you pay 25k+ out of warranty for a new Tundra motor, or fix a 6.2 out of warranty?
If I were asked to buy an MY23 of either, I would NOT at this stage. I will still to MY20 or below.

That's exactly what Mary Borla S-type would say to send us off her sent.

Be we are Beagles!
I may add that the Locals in Qatar do not care about her either.
One in a couple of average household will have 5-6 Land Cruisers and also one or two Chevrolet/GMC Pickups...or full size SUVS.

Unless you can PROVE what you claim, I can as well say it is lies.
Yes, I do not DENY that issues do happen with regards to the bearings and other things here and there... there have been defective units WHICH IS WHY THERE IS A CSP on the issue...hence also my reference to Qatar......but you are continuing to exaggerate it, like most technicians ONLINE do saying I have XYZ amount of experience and I have seen XYZ trucks in with severe issues....so the company is trash etc etc etc.
I am SICK of hearing this again and again.
And you complaining about it will do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.
Feel free to continue to blast me...it will NOT change a thing
he's not exaggerating shit. when GM FINALLY (since you like all caps to make a point) approved to replace my engine after it sit at the dealership for around a month, the dealer reached out to me to let me know, and in the process also let me know the engines were on backorder and they had reached out to half a dozen other dealers their system showed had an engine in stock and all of them were spoken for by a truck sitting on their lot that needed it.

i've read countless stories of the same. i've talked to people that had the same issue. some of each were on their 3rd engine; in one case, the guy was getting his 5th engine installed under warranty.

if you're sick of hearing about this, the easy thing would be to stop reading this thread and the multiple other threads on the same exact issue. instant sickness healer. try it, you'll think i'm god and healed you.

he's not exaggerating shit. when GM FINALLY (since you like all caps to make a point) approved to replace my engine after it sit at the dealership for around a month, the dealer reached out to me to let me know, and in the process also let me know the engines were on backorder and they had reached out to half a dozen other dealers their system showed had an engine in stock and all of them were spoken for by a truck sitting on their lot that needed it.

i've read countless stories of the same. i've talked to people that had the same issue. some of each were on their 3rd engine; in one case, the guy was getting his 5th engine installed under warranty.

if you're sick of hearing about this, the easy thing would be to stop reading this thread and the multiple other threads on the same exact issue. instant sickness healer. try it, you'll think i'm god and healed you.
Thousands of Threads DOES NOT make it a 50% failure rate...like it or not.
I am NOT saying they DO NOT fail...but you are again like all the threads EXAGGERATING the issues...and I doubt I can EVEN TRUST the truth behind them UNTIL I PHYSICALLY see them with my own eyes.

Probably the people who had a 5th or 3rd engine abused them REALLY badly or got a lemon between MY22 and MY23 (or early MY24 )...No other explanation. Go ahead and contradict me...

I am NOT saying they DO NOT fail...but you are again like all the threads EXAGGERATING the issues...and I doubt I can EVEN TRUST the truth behind them UNTIL I PHYSICALLY see them with my own eyes.

Probably the people who had a 5th or 3rd engine abused them REALLY badly or got a lemon between MY22 and MY23 (or early MY24 )...No other explanation. Go ahead and contradict me...
This is why I bought a diesel.....

PLEASE provide a LINK to ANYBODY claiming a 50% FAILURE rate, PLEASE. YOU'RE the ONLY one to CLAIM that.

PLEASE provide a LINK to ANYBODY claiming a 50% FAILURE rate, PLEASE. YOU'RE the ONLY one to CLAIM that.
I am not claiming that at all. The failure rate is between 3 and 4%....which is based on the volume of trucks they are selling.
NOT 10%....
Again, I will NOT repeat myself and hear countless anecdotal stories.......
Again, if you think other brands are better, they are NOT.

And, if anyone has the no of ZR2s sold between MY22.5 and MY23...that would be helpful. The 6.2 is NOT just in the ZR2, but also in other trims....

And, if anyone has the no of ZR2s sold between MY22.5 and MY23...that would be helpful. The 6.2 is NOT just in the ZR2, but also in other trims....
Hate to tell you this but go to any other forums, AT4, Escalade, generic silverado/sierra forums. You will see a ton of threads about blown up L87s

Hate to tell you this but go to any other forums, AT4, Escalade, generic silverado/sierra forums. You will see a ton of threads about blown up L87s
I have gone to most of them, if you ask me. I have seen them. And to be fair , most of them are between MY22 and MY23 (some (likely early) MY24s..). Plenty of 6.2 trucks here in the Middle East including Qatar as well with AFM/DFM.......
Am not including the bad batch of lifters in MY21s.....

That said, I have mentioned that Chevrolet/GMC are aware of the issues, which is why there is a CSP on oversized lifter bores........

I have gone to all of them, if you ask me. I have seen them. And to be fair , most of them are between MY22s and MY23 (some MY24..). Plenty of 6.2 trucks here in Qatar as well with AFM/DFM....

That said, I have mentioned that Chevrolet/GMC are aware of the issues, which is why there is a CSP on oversized lifter bores...
Oversized lifer bores and completely out of spec bearings are two separate issues. They have issued no such CSP on the bearing issue

I am not claiming that at all. The failure rate is between 3 and 4%....which is based on the volume of trucks they are selling.
NOT 10%....
Again, I will NOT repeat myself and hear countless anecdotal stories.......
Again, if you think other brands are better, they are NOT.
now it's 10%. show me where anybody claimed that.

Reactions: AXE
Oversized lifer bores and completely out of spec bearings are two separate issues. They have issued no such CSP on the bearing issue
But I am sure they are working on those issues........Otherwise why they would issue a CSP? They know the problem and are trying to sort it out.
By MY26 it will likely be brought down to low levels...
I may add it is NOT easy for them to recall EVERY single truck on the road and fix the problems...it would be a HUGE and costly affair. Toyota sells less amounts, so they can do it but still will suffer issues such as backorders and poor resale on their trucks...

But I am sure they are working on those issues........Otherwise why they would issue a CSP?
By MY26 it will likely be brought down to low levels...
Again, no CSP has been issued for bearings. Bearings and lifters are two completely different parts of an engine

Most Member Reactions

Back