What have you done to your Silverado ZR2 this week? 🛠️

They
IMG_4346.jpeg
fit. Standard changes made that were already discussed. Shimmed bumper, modified crash bars, control arms, and zero offset rims. I think under extreme articulation under full crank it would rub slightly so I have a little more trimming but man it looks good. 285 75 r18 Falken RT01.

Oh ya rhino lined, or whatever the actual name of the product is, the rockers. The paint never got fixed there correctly by GM. It is rock solid now.

Dealership pricing on the transmission flush is about 344 + tax

Getting it done in the next 30.days.....im just under 26k so far. I might get some criticism but I'd rather stay ahead of the ball on preventative maintenance

Getting it done in the next 30.days.....im just under 26k so far. I might get some criticism but I'd rather stay ahead of the ball on preventative maintenance
That's the only way to do it. Check with your dealer website and see if they have any service discounts. I get some in the mail, but they post them on their website too. Might be able to save a few bucks.

Haha talk about preventive! What does GM recommend for service intervals?

Manual says 40k, my advisor told me 30k. 20-25k seems about right if your serve duty........hot temps, towing, off roading, mud, dusty.
30k-60k depending on your driving style
Dang they are definitely trying to get ahead of transmission issues, I like it. In the past other manufacturers listed the trans fluid as "lifetime" but we all know that was bs. The fluid might be lifetime but all the components wearing inside contaminating the fluid isn't.

This is great info, in the past I always changed my fluid around 100k along with front/rear diffs and transfer case.

Reactions: AXE
Dang they are definitely trying to get ahead of transmission issues, I like it. In the past other manufacturers listed the trans fluid as "lifetime" but we all know that was bs. The fluid might be lifetime but all the components wearing inside contaminating the fluid isn't.

This is great info, in the past I always changed my fluid around 100k along with front/rear diffs and transfer case.
I am going to change my diffs and transfer around 30k. Like you said it's not the lubrication it's what's in it.

Manual says 40k, my advisor told me 30k. 20-25k seems about right if your serve duty........hot temps, towing, off roading, mud, dusty.
Yeah you and I live in states with the hottest harshest conditions in the country and then add doing 2-4 trails runs per month..... IMO it's just better to stay ahead of the ball so to speak.

That's the only way to do it. Check with your dealer website and see if they have any service discounts. I get some in the mail, but they post them on their website too. Might be able to save a few bucks.
Yeah, I occasionally get those coupons from my dealership of choice in the mail. I also get them from the dealership I bought the truck at, but that is in California 3 hrs from here.....plus I've got over $55 in Chevy points to spend. Definitely going to use them on the more expensive service đź‘Ť

Did some additional sound treatment on my recently installed door speakers. Looks a bit messy, but hey, it’s under the door

I think the foam ring around the speakers that directs sound into the vehicle may make the biggest difference.
View attachment 17069

Attachments

• IMG_7082.jpeg
    IMG_7082.jpeg
    489.3 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_7078.jpeg
    IMG_7078.jpeg
    521.9 KB · Views: 5

Most Member Reactions

Back