What have you done to your Silverado ZR2 this week? šŸ› ļø

Put on a peragon tonneau cover. It certainly wasnā€™t the easiest cover to install. However itā€™s made in the US, and the instructions were well laid out. It is aluminum construction on the top panels they are powder coated, and the fit is tight. View attachment 13332
Very nice! Really wish it folds upwards instead of downwards (eats up bed space).

Installed the Curt hitch cap for the Multiflex tailgate today. Install was a little more of a pain than I thought it would be. I wanted this as I damaged my ā€˜21 AT4 gate when I got in a hurry one day and dropped the inner gate and hopped up on the step to get something out of the bed while I had a hitch installed. šŸ¤¬šŸ¤¬šŸ¤¬

First, the instructions have very small pics so hard to see exactly what/where the instructions are talking about. I found a video on youtube, butā€¦ realized they must have made a change since that video as it connects inside the inner tailgate in a different place vs at the passenger side lock in the main tailgate. No biggie.

Then, when i did figure that out, realized they saved about $0.03 making the harness just long enough. 2-3 more inches woulda made a big difference (thats what she saidā€¦) In routing out the harness. Also, the harness is wrapped, but not all the way the the device itself or to the connector plug. The plugs were too big too slip any shrink wrap over it, so ended up just making a few wraps with electrical tape just the add a little abrasion protection in those areas.

Finally, when tightening the actually device on the receiver, it was a tad loose and my OCD couldnā€™t stand it, so I found some 3M double sided tape (turned out to be just the right thickness). I cut a few piece to fit inside the top and bottom part where it clamps around the flare on the end of the receiver. I left the red film on the side touching the receiver, and reinstalled it - fit perfect that time!

It does work as designed. Inner gate opens normally when the cap is closed, but does not open when the cap is open.

Pics show the device installed and one of the spots where they stopped the wiring harness wrap just a bit shorter than optimal in my opinion.

Attachments

• IMG_4110.jpeg
    IMG_4110.jpeg
    347.8 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_4112.jpeg
    IMG_4112.jpeg
    299.5 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
Installed the Curt hitch cap for the Multiflex tailgate today. Install was a little more of a pain than I thought it would be. I wanted this as I damaged my ā€˜21 AT4 gate when I got in a hurry one day and dropped the inner gate and hopped up on the step to get something out of the bed while I had a hitch installed. šŸ¤¬šŸ¤¬šŸ¤¬

First, the instructions have very small pics so hard to see exactly what/where the instructions are talking about. I found a video on youtube, butā€¦ realized they must have made a change since that video as it connects inside the inner tailgate in a different place vs at the passenger side lock in the main tailgate. No biggie.

Then, when i did figure that out, realized they saved about $0.03 making the harness just long enough. 2-3 more inches woulda made a big difference (thats what she saidā€¦) In routing out the harness. Also, the harness is wrapped, but not all the way the the device itself or to the connector plug. The plugs were too big too slip any shrink wrap over it, so ended up just making a few wraps with electrical tape just the add a little abrasion protection in those areas.

Finally, when tightening the actually device on the receiver, it was a tad loose and my OCD couldnā€™t stand it, so I found some 3M double sided tape (turned out to be just the right thickness). I cut a few piece to fit inside the top and bottom part where it clamps around the flare on the end of the receiver. I left the red film on the side touching the receiver, and reinstalled it - fit perfect that time!

It does work as designed. Inner gate opens normally when the cap is closed, but does not open when the cap is open.

Pics show the device installed and one of the spots where they stopped the wiring harness wrap just a bit shorter than optimal in my opinion.
I wonder how that will hold up with wires exposed? I just lock my multiflex into tailgate mode when trailering. šŸ˜€

I wonder how that will hold up with wires exposed? I just lock my multiflex into tailgate mode when trailering. šŸ˜€
There are no exposed wires, just some sections that arenā€™t as well protected as others. The pic shows before that harness was routed back underneath the bumper and up to the tailgate to connect to the other section.

Locking it out works, til it doesnā€™tā€¦ for me anyway! I know me, Iā€™ll get in a hurry and skip doing that or forget it once - and thatā€™s all it takes!

Retrax Pro MX retractable tonneau cover. Easy install. Matte black goes nicely with the fender flares and corner steps.
looks great! I havent done mine yet, and thats on the top of my list. Two questions here:
1) Does it move or make a noise while driving on the highway? I heard that the ones that fold are more stable?
2) How much did it cost you? Does that brand matter here?

Finally got around to installing my Rubigrid dash mount, my Chevy Bow tie puddle lights (no photo yet), my bedside storage box, Auxbeam 8 gang switch, my under hood lighting, hitch lighting, and some accents for the step rails. Iā€™ve been accumulating stuff for a while with no installations šŸ˜‚

Attachments

• IMG_3639.jpeg
    IMG_3639.jpeg
    186.2 KB · Views: 57
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    388.5 KB · Views: 53
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    387.7 KB · Views: 49
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    175.5 KB · Views: 48
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    336.9 KB · Views: 47
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    306.6 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_3377.jpeg
    IMG_3377.jpeg
    111.6 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_3375.jpeg
    IMG_3375.jpeg
    248.2 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_3374.jpeg
    IMG_3374.jpeg
    250.9 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_2994.jpeg
    IMG_2994.jpeg
    403.6 KB · Views: 54
Added 20ā€ Rigid SR light bar and put on 1/2ā€ Bora spacers and used Boraā€™s deep seat lug nuts. Easy 13 rotations on the lugs with the 1/2ā€ spacer. The oem lug actually meets the 7 minimum lug rotations as well, just fyi.
IMG_0811.jpeg
IMG_0803.jpeg
IMG_0804.jpeg

Got rid of all the pin stripping. New paint job on both sides, front to back! They didn't put the rock guard on tho, but there is NO way I'm taking it back for them to repaint. I am going to get some PPF strips after the paint cures and I get the ceramic coat done.

Attachments

• 20240618_170214.jpg
    20240618_170214.jpg
    262.7 KB · Views: 27
  • 20240618_170157.jpg
    20240618_170157.jpg
    278.3 KB · Views: 27
  • 20240618_170137.jpg
    20240618_170137.jpg
    245.8 KB · Views: 27

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts