What have you done to your Silverado ZR2 this week? 🛠️

Added a Diamondback HD cover on my 1500 ZR2 Bison. This is my second install of a DB cover, and I’m very impressed with the ease of install on this one over the last one (5 years ago).

View attachment 13904
Looks good! I got my first diamondback HD a few months ago and I love it. Very easy to remove if I need to haul larger items or I just hook up the trailer. I need to get the rack rails for kayaks soon.
IMG_5759.jpeg

Let's see what you have done with your Silverado ZR2!
Changed my oil out at 1,750… got that break in oil out and threw in some fresh purple lube… didn’t have time to wait for my actual choice of Amsoil cause i procrastinated but going forward will be AMSOIL signature.

Attachments

• IMG_3151.jpeg
    IMG_3151.jpeg
    238.3 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_3154.jpeg
    IMG_3154.jpeg
    240.9 KB · Views: 16
Changed my oil out at 1,750… got that break in oil out and threw in some fresh purple lube… didn’t have time to wait for my actual choice of Amsoil cause i procrastinated but going forward will be AMSOIL signature.
Any high quality motor oil will be just fine. Many of us like Pennzoil Platinum or Ultra. Relatively cheap at Walmart. I have never been a Royal Purple fan and I think that Amsoil is a great oil, but more money than you need to spend and really won't help your engine. I change my oil very 5K miles. Your money so do what you feel most comfortable with.

Decided to finally install a switch system and the ditch lights that have been sitting in the garage for a few weeks. Baja designs squadron pros on some sdhq mounts. Had to build a bracket for the sPod bantam to put it where I wanted to since no one has made one yet. Touch screen is mounted on a ram mount in a similar place as the gm upfotter switches.

Attachments

• 20240602_161107.jpg
    20240602_161107.jpg
    253.8 KB · Views: 40
  • 20240623_203932.jpg
    20240623_203932.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 39
  • 20240623_153720.jpg
    20240623_153720.jpg
    241.4 KB · Views: 34
  • 20240623_153715.jpg
    20240623_153715.jpg
    259.7 KB · Views: 34
  • 20240623_115422.jpg
    20240623_115422.jpg
    288.6 KB · Views: 36
  • Screenshot_20240622_230602_Discord.jpg
    Screenshot_20240622_230602_Discord.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 42
Decided to finally install a switch system and the ditch lights that have been sitting in the garage for a few weeks. Baja designs squadron pros on some sdhq mounts. Had to build a bracket for the sPod bantam to put it where I wanted to since no one has made one yet. Touch screen is mounted on a ram mount in a similar place as the gm upfotter switches.
nice.

Hit 1700 miles and went in for my free service. They where glad to do it early. Looked at me a little funny but treated me like a king. Oil change tire, rotation, lube, fill my def. , Inspection. They found a a few Recalls that previous didnt show up. It required updates to ECM and warning sensor updates. They said the ECM one would adjust my trans, possible better shift points? Other was about trouble sensors incorrectly not displaying. Either way truck has run great and still has me smiling. I have 12 services that I prepaid but used one included with truck. Glad to see they proactive because I had no recalls show up when I searched the VIN a few days earlier😀

Hit 1700 miles and went in for my free service. They where glad to do it early. Looked at me a little funny but treated me like a king. Oil change tire, rotation, lube, fill my def. , Inspection. They found a a few Recalls that previous didnt show up. It required updates to ECM and warning sensor updates. They said the ECM one would adjust my trans, possible better shift points? Other was about trouble sensors incorrectly not displaying. Either way truck has run great and still has me smiling. I have 12 services that I prepaid but used one included with truck. Glad to see they proactive because I had no recalls show up when I searched the VIN a few days earlier😀
Not a fan of pre-paid services, but sounds like they take great care of you at your dealership. Great to see.

Not a fan of pre-paid services, but sounds like they take great care of you at your dealership. Great to see.
12 use service pack oil, filters, cabin filters, fluids with def, wipers as needed, lube, tire rotation= 800 dollars on 2500hd. Dealer 2 mile away. I cant physically do the work, so it ideal.

12 use service pack oil, filters, cabin filters, fluids with def, wipers as needed, lube, tire rotation= 800 dollars on 2500hd. Dealer 2 mile away. I cant physically do the work, so it ideal.
As I've said before, that's the best deal I've seen posted on this forum about anything. You simply cannot do that work on a diesel for any less. I know, I've done it for 20 plus years on my diesels.

They did an update on mine for a parking brake sensor a while back. I still think my trailer connection is bad. Had another message about left turn signal not working, but it was. Might have to run it into the dealer in ND. There's a 3 week wait for an appointment in oil country.

Last edited:
As I've said before, that's the best deal I've seen posted on this forum about anything. You simply cannot do that work on a diesel for any less. I know, I've done it for 20 plus years on my diesels.

They did an update on mine for a parking brake sensor a while back. I still think my trailer connection is bad. Had another message about left turn signal not working, but it was. Might have to run it into the dealer in ND. There's a 3 week wait for an appointment in oil country.
Thats a crazy wait time. Must be super busy. Dealer by me is 1 rated 17 out of last 50 years for Ill. My next door neighbor was GM till he retired. Ive seen their hard work take shape over last 27 years. Usually can get appointments in 6 to 12 hours, they have free loaner cars for any overnight stays. I usually just use the free shuttle back home if its going to be more than 1.5 hours. Its what a dealer should be and Im kind of detail oriented. 😆 also long list of awards for satisfaction.

Attachments

• IMG_5132.jpeg
    IMG_5132.jpeg
    111.4 KB · Views: 8
Thats a crazy wait time. Must be super busy. Dealer by me is 1 rated 17 out of last 50 years for Ill. My next door neighbor was GM till he retired. Ive seen their hard work take shape over last 27 years. Usually can get appointments in 6 to 12 hours, they have free loaner cars for any overnight stays. I usually just use the free shuttle back home if its going to be more than 1.5 hours. Its what a dealer should be and Im kind of detail oriented. 😆 also long list of awards for satisfaction.
Yep, it's a small dealer serving a lot of work trucks, among others. It's interesting with all the agriculture and oil/construction activity, lots of trucks on the road. These trucks get well used too. Likely more trucks than anything by a good amount. Rams lead the pack, then Fords, then Chevy/GMC.

Last edited:
Wheel and tire install. 17x8.5” -12 offset Relations Race Wheels Monoforged RS2-H wheels in Matte Bronze. 315/70R17 BFG KO2 Tires in a “C” load range. Weight should be in the 87lbs range.

Front suspension is a combination of Peak top strut spacer, Rough Country lower strut spacer, and Rough Country pre-load spacer. Slightly under 2” total front end lift.

Trimmed the plastic cap on the rear of the front fender well and also removed the bracket in front of the crash bar to pin the fender liner back. No rubbing during normal driving, have not taken it to full lock under compression.

Also added AC Delco performance rotors up front.

The ride is definitely quieter than stock and potentially smoother.

Attachments

• IMG_9971.jpeg
    IMG_9971.jpeg
    394.7 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_9969.jpeg
    IMG_9969.jpeg
    437.4 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
Wheel and tire install. 17x8.5” Relations Race Wheels Monoforged RS2-H wheels in Matte Bronze. 315/70R17 BFG KO2 Tires in a “C” load range. Weight should be in the 75-80lb range.

Front suspension is a combination of Peak top strut spacer, Rough Country lower strut spacer, and Rough Country pre-load spacer. Slightly under 2” total front end lift.

Trimmed the plastic cap on the rear of the front fender well and also removed the bracket in front of the crash bar to pin the fender liner back. No rubbing during normal driving, have not taken it to full lock under compression.

Also added AC Delco performance rotors up front.

The ride is definitely quieter than stock and potentially smoother.
You really got me thinking about this set up. Those 35s look huge

Is it level? Looks like it's got the the Cali lean, but hard to see on the angle of that picture.

Those tires/rims gotta be 90-100+ lbs each. That's a lot of rubber. My stock 305s on my 2500HD are approximately 104 lbs..

Last edited:
Is it level? Looks like it's got the the Cali lean, but hard to see on the angle of that picture.

Those tires/rims gotta be 90-100+ lbs each. That's a lot of rubber. My stock 305s on my 2500HD are approximately 104 lbs..
The tire is 62 lbs per spec.
Rim is 20 to 27 depending on off set per spec. 😀Some light rims overall.

Attachments

• IMG_5148.png
    IMG_5148.png
    90.8 KB · Views: 4
You really got me thinking about this set up. Those 35s look huge
RRW runs decent sales around Black Friday. I was able to utilize an extra 15% off even on the monoforged.

If anyone decides to go this route, you will need hub centric adapters. I bought Toyota spec wheels with a 108.1 center bore. Silverado is a 78.1 center bore.

I have not touched the rear suspension so there is a lean. It’s about an inch difference.

Tires are 62lbs, wheels are 25lbs. Total weight should be 87lbs. I edited my previous post.

RRW runs decent sales around Black Friday. I was able to utilize an extra 15% off even on the monoforged.

If anyone decides to go this route, you will need hub centric adapters. I bought Toyota spec wheels with a 108.1 center bore. Silverado is a 78.1 center bore.
Thanks for the info!

Along with recent 50cal antenna and bulletpoint phone holder mods, I just added these as well. DEM diesel locking gas and def caps (amazing quality), sport pedals, cargo net, and 20% front tint. Next up, WellVisors vent visors, tonneau cover (not sure which one yet), and maybe wrap.

Attachments

• IMG_2631.jpeg
    IMG_2631.jpeg
    223.1 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_2629.jpeg
    IMG_2629.jpeg
    362.1 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_2628.jpeg
    IMG_2628.jpeg
    299.5 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_2617.jpeg
    IMG_2617.jpeg