What have you done to your Silverado ZR2 this week? 🛠️

very solid lights, the correct brightness, simple wiring harness, options for light quantity in kits.
looks great, how did you mount them? and did you use the Gen2 or Gen 3 kit?

Tint Pics from Tuesday
Zr2 1.jpg

Gen 3. It comes with very solid auto-grade 3m tape. The lights are light. I also hot glued the back side and wiring to the grill. I ended up cutting and soldering the lines so I didn’t need the whole pigtail. It just wanted one line to feed up to power. But the factory wiring is very easy to use.
looks great, how did you mount them? and did you use the Gen2 or Gen 3 kit?

Gen 3. It comes with very solid auto-grade 3m tape. The lights are light. I also hot glued the back side and wiring to the grill. I ended up cutting and soldering the lines so I didn’t need the whole pigtail. It just wanted one line to feed up to power. But the factory wiring is very easy to use.
Thanks so much! Order placed! If you get a chance can you post or PM me a pic of your grille? Honestly, this truck should have come with these. Yours is the best placement I’ve seen.

What ceramic did you use?

I got the Adam’s kit, it was 30% off. Real easy to apply. I had a few quotes and some places were wanting $1200. There no way I would be willing to pay that. Only took a few hours with washing and clay bar.

https://adamspolishes.com/products/graphene-ceramic-coating™-advanced?variant=39450748059745

good info on tfb.

Today while driving around Tampa it was 97 degrees outside. Highest my temp got was 151 while setting in traffic. Driving around it was at 141-147. Huge improvement, I’m really happy with this mod.

Also, for the install, extremely easy. I did it at night in my driveway so I wouldn’t get reported to the hoa. My driveway is at a slight incline so in only lost maybe 6oz.

Today while driving around Tampa it was 97 degrees outside. Highest my temp got was 151 while setting in traffic. Driving around it was at 141-147. Huge improvement, I’m really happy with this mod.

Also, for the install, extremely easy. I did it at night in my driveway so I wouldn’t get reported to the hoa. My driveway is at a slight incline so in only lost maybe 6oz.
I live in Phoenix and it was 117 yesterday and mine doesnt get very hot. I see temps mid 170. Even on my 2500HD I can't break 180 towing. I'm worried it's not warm enough.

This was only about 15 miles and banging the paddles some.

Attachments

• 20240622_124826.jpg
    20240622_124826.jpg
    283.9 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
I got the Adam’s kit, it was 30% off. Real easy to apply. I had a few quotes and some places were wanting $1200. There no way I would be willing to pay that. Only took a few hours with washing and clay bar.

https://adamspolishes.com/products/graphene-ceramic-coating™-advanced?variant=39450748059745
Great choice!

Added a Diamondback HD cover on my 1500 ZR2 Bison. This is my second install of a DB cover, and I’m very impressed with the ease of install on this one over the last one (5 years ago).

View attachment 13904
Very nice. I prefer the look of a low profile cover that only sticks up maybe 1/4" tops over the bed rails. If you are going to put stuff on top of that cover, then it makes sense to me.

Most Member Reactions

Back