Recall #N242435631-03

securityguy

Reaction score
Customer Satisfaction Program - Serial Data Gateway Module & Radio. I was having an issue where my Bluetooth on my iPhone was showing connected to my radio but the radio was not connected. If I attempted to reconnect, it would do it. This would happen 50% of the time I got in my truck which means my CarPlay wasn't connecting either. Took her in today to get a radio update and was told there is actually a recall that states: "Certain model year and vehicle makes may have a condition where the battery is at risk for a drain following an OTA update. Reprogram the serial data gateway module and radio following SI procedure".

The radio is now running Android 12 and software dated February 2024 with a Kernel Version March 26, 2024. Now it has connected to my phone and CarPlay every time. They stated it was a "recall" but it really appears to be just a Customer Satisfaction Program.

Glad you got it all worked out.

Wonder why the software on my truck is stuck on Android 10 from last year if there is a new one out. Do these trucks not ever get an update on their own?
The OTA won't update the Android OS. You have to get that from the dealer. Just make an appointment.

Customer Satisfaction Program - Serial Data Gateway Module & Radio. I was having an issue where my Bluetooth on my iPhone was showing connected to my radio but the radio was not connected. If I attempted to reconnect, it would do it. This would happen 50% of the time I got in my truck which means my CarPlay wasn't connecting either. Took her in today to get a radio update and was told there is actually a recall that states: "Certain model year and vehicle makes may have a condition where the battery is at risk for a drain following an OTA update. Reprogram the serial data gateway module and radio following SI procedure".

The radio is now running Android 12 and software dated February 2024 with a Kernel Version March 26, 2024. Now it has connected to my phone and CarPlay every time. They stated it was a "recall" but it really appears to be just a Customer Satisfaction Program.
Does this affect my 22? It's still on Android 10

I would take it in and get the radio updated regardless of whether the CSP is valid for your vehicle or not. The radio operates 100X better with the updated software and fixes a TON of bugs.
Do they charge for the update if its under warranty and having no issues?

That's one of the biggest complaints, it oftentimes gets worse with time and can also affect maps/GPS.
Glad I asked now lol. Gonna have to wait a bit though. Wife can’t drive for a while and dealers around here stopped offering loaners for anything.

I noticed this also on my 2022. My CarPlay wouldn’t connect probably 1/4 of the time. I will get the update. Thanks for the heads up

Most Member Reactions

Back