Diff, Transfer Case & Transmission Vent Tubes

Jace

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I have a trip with a couple of river crossings coming up so I thought I had better check where all my vent tubes terminated and decide if I need to extend or run new ones. The Trucks still new to me. I dont expect anything deeper than 1 metre.
. So the rear diff vent tube runs up to the back of the petrol filler and the front diff vent tube up to the back of the air box. Both look good to stay stock to me (please tell me if I am wrong)
. The transfer case runs back to the side of the transmission (3rd pic) is that meant to be a one way valve? I've had no experience with these. Do you trust them? It seems kind of low and I was thinking of running a new tube up to where the front runs. Thoughts?
. For the life of me I cant find a vent hose for the transmission. I can see reference to a vent tube online. Can you help me locate it please?

Thanks Jason.

Attachments

• Rear.jpg
    Rear.jpg
    320.8 KB · Views: 41
  • Front.jpg
    Front.jpg
    332.5 KB · Views: 31
  • Transfer.jpg
    Transfer.jpg
    333.3 KB · Views: 30
UPDATE

Hi Guys, I'm posting an update. I decided to run a new transfer case vent hose. Needed 2m of 5/16 fuel line and a hose clamp. OEM had no hose clamp at the transfer case end on mine. Followed the original path via the two mounting clips aong the transmission then tucked in behind the heat shield, along the chassis rail and up the same route as the front diff vent hose. Used the original cap to terminate on the high end. No fancy valving in the cap, I could blow and suck through it so glad I moved it higher. Super easy job.

I did find some pictures of the transmission vent hose but I cant see or find it on my Truck. Hopefully that does have some fancy valving in it? Anway I'll come back to that later.

Have a great day.
Jason

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    285.7 KB · Views: 19
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    185 KB · Views: 18
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    312.4 KB · Views: 18
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    291.7 KB · Views: 18
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    256.1 KB · Views: 21
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    279.6 KB · Views: 19
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 19
  • 8.JPG
    8.JPG
    16 KB · Views: 18
UPDATE

Hi Guys, I'm posting an update. I decided to run a new transfer case vent hose. Needed 2m of 5/16 fuel line and a hose clamp. OEM had no hose clamp at the transfer case end on mine. Followed the original path via the two mounting clips aong the transmission then tucked in behind the heat shield, along the chassis rail and up the same route as the front diff vent hose. Used the original cap to terminate on the high end. No fancy valving in the cap, I could blow and suck through it so glad I moved it higher. Super easy job.

I did find some pictures of the transmission vent hose but I cant see or find it on my Truck. Hopefully that does have some fancy valving in it? Anway I'll come back to that later.

Have a great day.
Jason
Thanks for that Jace. I'm going to do this to mine

Good stuff.
I might have to do this.

As for the trans vent- I'm guessing it's the same spot as the ford 10 speeds- which is on top of the bell housing under the trans hump. I doubt it'd be accessible without raising the cab. If it is like the ford it has a check valve type cap, but tbh they aren't worth a sh!t

Most Member Reactions

Back