Shit or Get Off the Pot???

Note: The above post contains a link to eBay or Amazon. As an affiliate partner ChevyZR2.com may receive a commission from the sale.
You might want to use a fuel additive. The low Sulphur diesel has a high scar rating, so can be harder on the fuel pump and injectors. This Opti Lube XL is primarily a lubricant, so I run about 6 oz per tank. Been using their stuff for about 10 years and it seems to work pretty well. It performed great in an independent test years back.

Might not matter if you don't keep it a long time.

Opti-Lube XL Xtreme Lubricant Diesel Fuel Additive: Gallon (1 Gallon (Treats 1280 Gallons)) https://a.co/d/4bXezoF

You might want to use a fuel additive. The low Sulphur diesel has a high scar rating, so can be harder on the fuel pump and injectors. This Opti Lube XL is primarily a lubricant, so I run about 6 oz per tank. Been using their stuff for about 10 years and it seems to work pretty well. It performed great in an independent test years back.

Might not matter if you don't keep it a long time.

Opti-Lube XL Xtreme Lubricant Diesel Fuel Additive: Gallon (1 Gallon (Treats 1280 Gallons)) https://a.co/d/4bXezoF
Thanks! I used Opti-Lube when I had my old Diesel VW Jetta. I'll order some today!

Thanks! I used Opti-Lube when I had my old Diesel VW Jetta. I'll order some today!
1722685970916.jpeg

Just sayin….

I meant to ask you what the interior color palate looked like. The thing I really like most on my wife's HC is the interior color and materials. Has this really nice bronze thread and trim with a splash of wood grain. It's a lot nicer than the ZR2.

Attachments

• 20240801_184715.jpg
    20240801_184715.jpg
    441.5 KB · Views: 16
  • 20240801_184812.jpg
    20240801_184812.jpg
    289.7 KB · Views: 16
  • 20240801_184829.jpg
    20240801_184829.jpg
    264 KB · Views: 16
I meant to ask you what the interior color palate looked like. The thing I really like most on my wife's HC is the interior color and materials. Has this really nice bronze thread and trim with a splash of wood grain. It's a lot nicer than the ZR2.
Same interior as your wife. Much prettier than the ZR2 IMPO. Beautiful matt finished porous wood trim, bronze thread sticking and nice leather seating.

Same interior as your wife. Much prettier than the ZR2 IMPO. Beautiful matt finished porous wood trim, bronze thread sticking and nice leather seating.
Excellent! Even the dash and door panels has a better tactile feel. Not sure what it is, but oesn't feel like hard plastic.

Excellent! Even the dash and door panels has a better tactile feel. Not sure what it is, but oesn't feel like hard plastic.
The difference in the ZR2 and HC interiors is what also drew me more to the HC this go around. If I had rocks to climb, I would have gone for the ZR2 but my scenery is the beaches in FL and driving her on sand so the HC Midnight just made more sense this time around.

Final call for thoughts and suggestions:

1. I can get $57K for my 2023 ZR2 with 11K miles on her
2. I am looking at a 2500HD High Country Midnight Edition Package with the following: 6.6L Duramax; Technology Package; Tri-Fold Hard Tonneau Cover; Z71 Off Road Package; Multiflex Tailgate; High Idle Switch; LED Roof Marker Lamps
3. The MSRP on the High Country Midnight Edition is $90,720
4. Selling Price is $80,725

I also looked at a 2500HD ZR2 Bison which has an MSRP of just over $97K that I can get for $87K. I like it, but don't see the value in the Bison package here in FL where all I do is go on the beaches.

This will be my first diesel and, as I have stated before, I do a lot of short distance driving, but I'm being sold on the Duramax for resale and told that as long as I take her out once a week for a decent drive and open her up, I should be ok. Yes? No?

Here are a few pics of both trucks and I took them both out for a drive and they felt very similar and super smooth. I'm leaning towards the High Country as my wife will appreciate that more and a ZR2 is just overkill for me. If the ZR2 didn't have the Bison, that would still be in the running. I like the seats in the HC better than the ZR2 as well. They just felt more upscale.

Before I drop around $25K out of pocket, just want to hear from my friends your final thoughts. If I move forward, I will pick it up no later than Wednesday.

One last question. My buddy, who's the GM, is driving the exact same 2500HD High Country as a demo. The new one has 12 miles on her. His has 2000 and he offered me his for another $1000 off. If I go forward...buy "new" or take his demo he's been driving and save another $1000?

View attachment 14847View attachment 14848View attachment 14849View attachment 14850View attachment 14851View attachment 14852View attachment 14853
They are both beautiful trucks, I sold my high country to get the zr2 bison, and before I bought the high country I had a 2020 LTZ. That I put 6.5 bds lift with 22” forged wheels with 38 tires on it. It was definitely overkill, especially since I’m not in my 20’s anymore. All 3 were duramax, and I sold the high country because it just wasn’t sitting high enough for me and didn’t want to do another 20k build on it, so I sold it and got the zr2 bison which is perfect. A little bit higher, the shocks compare to reservoir ones and I don’t have to do anything to it accept added the winch it should of come with and putting together a light bar set up now, and all with a factory warranty.
This is just my opinion. But really you can’t go wrong with either truck. Congrats on which ever one you decide on.

They are both beautiful trucks, I sold my high country to get the zr2 bison, and before I bought the high country I had a 2020 LTZ. That I put 6.5 bds lift with 22” forged wheels with 38 tires on it. It was definitely overkill, especially since I’m not in my 20’s anymore. All 3 were duramax, and I sold the high country because it just wasn’t sitting high enough for me and didn’t want to do another 20k build on it, so I sold it and got the zr2 bison which is perfect. A little bit higher, the shocks compare to reservoir ones and I don’t have to do anything to it accept added the winch it should of come with and putting together a light bar set up now, and all with a factory warranty.
This is just my opinion. But really you can’t go wrong with either truck. Congrats on which ever one you decide on.
FINAL CERAMIC 2500HD.jpg

In my opinion after test driving all the 2500 platforms Chevy and GMC i decided to get the ZR2 HD Non Bison. Ride quality far exceeds all other 2500 aside from the AT4X which is equal platforms including the High Country, LTZ, AT4, Denali, and Denali Ultimate. I don't see the value for dollar on the Bison package i opted for upgrades on accessories instead. My truck was ordered with every option including the trailer camera, technology package, trailer itpm's, power steps, hard quad fold cover, sunroof, kicker speaker, air bags, on board air, 5ht wheel prep, and gooseneck ball package for an MSRP of $92050 and i bought it for $85482. I have had my truck for almost a year now and have zero complaints or regrets. It looks awesome, tows great, rides great, and is a very diverse off roader.

Attachments

• 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 8
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 8

Most Member Reactions

Back