Shit or Get Off the Pot???

I have an extra set if you want them for the HC
1000038785.jpg

I ended up ordering a set in Spanish

Thank you! I've had it for only 5 hours and have received a ton of compliments. Just a few finishing touches and she'll be done.
Are they ever really done?

Congrats, the truck looks awesome!

After all the gas vs diesel talk it will be interesting to hear how you like the HD and the duramax after some time.

You're gonna need these!

Note: The above post contains a link to eBay or Amazon. As an affiliate partner ChevyZR2.com may receive a commission from the sale.
You're gonna need these!

Not gonna happen...I'm only keeping this 2 years so keeping the accessories light. Gonna do a Banks iData and maybe a few other "inexpensive" odds and ends, but nothing more. Would like to do the Podholes but the install looks like a PITA and, once done, you're into them for about $600. Always open to suggestions, but shock replacement, larger tires and a lift ain't gonna happen ;)

Note: The above post contains a link to eBay or Amazon. As an affiliate partner ChevyZR2.com may receive a commission from the sale.
Not gonna happen...I'm only keeping this 2 years so keeping the accessories light. Gonna do a Banks iData and maybe a few other "inexpensive" odds and ends, but nothing more. Would like to do the Podholes but the install looks like a PITA and, once done, you're into them for about $600. Always open to suggestions, but shock replacement, larger tires and a lift ain't gonna happen ;)
What kind of shocks is on it? Are they still putting those shitty white Ranchos on them?

If you don't like the ride quality, the Bilstein 5100s can be had for $100 and they are usually a noticeable improvement.

@securityguy “Would like to do the Podholes but the install looks like a PITA”

I finally ordered the single unit, watched the video a couple times, I think it’ll be Ok we’ll see. On that note the suction cup one I had lasted quite a while, but it’s a mild PITA, w/ a sunscreen. YMMV

What kind of shocks is on it? Are they still putting those shitty white Ranchos on them?

If you don't like the ride quality, the Bilstein 5100s can be had for $100 and they are usually a noticeable improvement.
I will check tomorrow, but I do believe they are Ranchos. Do you have a good source for the Bilsteins or should I just Google them and see what I can find? The ride doesn't appear to be horrible by any means, but I can only compare it to my ZR2. Certainly not like my 1500, but I knew that going in. It's kinda funny that every where I've been, I get comments on this truck. Far more so than my ZR2 and that was a HOT looking and sounding truck. I do need to do something with the exhaust pipe as that big silver pipe isn't working for me. Ideas?

I will check tomorrow, but I do believe they are Ranchos. Do you have a good source for the Bilsteins or should I just Google them and see what I can find? The ride doesn't appear to be horrible by any means, but I can only compare it to my ZR2. Certainly not like my 1500, but I knew that going in. It's kinda funny that every where I've been, I get comments on this truck. Far more so than my ZR2 and that was a HOT looking and sounding truck. I do need to do something with the exhaust pipe as that big silver pipe isn't working for me. Ideas?
I would drive it a while before you switch. It may be just fine.

I get mine from 4 Wheel Parts. I usually get them when they have a buy 3 get one free deal. Haven't seen that advertised in a while, stay not be available. I put some Fox 2.0s on my previous 2500HD about a year ago. They were on sale for about $120 a piece. I like the Bilsteins a little better, but Fox served me well tooo. Like everything else it might be hard to find the lower price now.

You can see my MBRP exhaust tip mod with pictures in the thread I posted. Black powder coated and 6 inch, so it looks better on that big rig. Gotta cut off about 6 inches of the bazooka tube or you can see it inside the tip. Got it off Amazon for about $45.

Most Member Reactions

Back