Range Technology Beta Testing

I know one thing, if you ain't pulling oil samples for testing every 2500 miles, you don't know shit about what's happening inside your motor.

You can wave your dick around about oil this and oil pump that and what about L9 and what does tow/haul do and is it further to Fargo or by train......but if your junk is melting down the only way you'll know is by the oil analysis or just before your post about the tow job and dear John call you got from your service advisor.

Nothing wrong with investing in a DFM bypass for the minimal cost, but an extended warranty is a much better investment right now and I can count the number of times I've bought an extended warranty on my middle finger.
Why test it, I'm using the best oil you can buy and disabling the AFM and that's all I can do.

I agree on the extended warranty. this is only the second one I've ever bought , but with all the technology on the new rigs it's not hard to imagine it paying off in the end.

Why test it, I'm using the best oil you can buy and disabling the AFM and that's all I can do.

I agree on the extended warranty. this is only the second one I've ever bought , but with all the technology on the new rigs it's not hard to imagine it paying off in the end.
I'm just saying, these motors are gonna go when they want to. The only way you'll ever know is if you start to see it in the oil analysis, even then you'll likely never catch a catastrophic failure. Maybe you get lucky and can get rid of it, but your likely sitting on the sideline.

Considering no one builds anything with great quality anymore, isnt this the case with almost anything? It will last til it breaks. I know GM, and others, have had issues for years and not fixed them. What is the percentage of these engines failing? Is it so high that we should all live in fear of ours failing or is it like most things on the internet and people only complain when they have issues?

Oh look, another oil thread! Where’s my Super Tech crew at?
IMG_0198.jpeg

Yea yea we know.

As opposed to whining and sniveling. as the greatest leader in history said, " do the best you can, with what you have, where you are. " And that's how I've been as successful as I have been, I'm not a victim.

As opposed to whining and sniveling. as the greatest leader in history said, " do the best you can, with what you have, where you are. " And that's how I've been as successful as I have been, I'm not a victim.
That's cause he was a North Dakotan!

Considering no one builds anything with great quality anymore, isnt this the case with almost anything? It will last til it breaks. I know GM, and others, have had issues for years and not fixed them. What is the percentage of these engines failing? Is it so high that we should all live in fear of ours failing or is it like most things on the internet and people only complain when they have issues?
Nobody knows, but we've got a few 24s with 5kish miles smoked. GM continues to build $75k shit boxes and people love them.

Nobody knows, but we've got a few 24s with 5kish miles smoked. GM continues to build $75k shit boxes and people love them.
That's what happens when no one gives a crap about their jobs any more but want to be paid like they have a medical/engineering degree. The only way to fix any of this is vote with our wallets. Since enough of us dont, things most likely will not change any time soon. All we can do is hope for the best and drive the shit out of it before the warranty expires so if its gonna break it breaks before the expiration.

I keep tossing the warranty idea around. I still may get a GM extended warranty but part of me wonders, in the end, will it be worth it.

That's what happens when no one gives a crap about their jobs any more but want to be paid like they have a medical/engineering degree. The only way to fix any of this is vote with our wallets. Since enough of us dont, things most likely will not change any time soon. All we can do is hope for the best and drive the shit out of it before the warranty expires so if its gonna break it breaks before the expiration.

I keep tossing the warranty idea around. I still may get a GM extended warranty but part of me wonders, in the end, will it be worth it.
Yep if it breaks after warranty then I'm putting in an LSX replacement! And it's because I can!
It helps to own a high end motor shop!!😂🤣🫢🤫🤔

I have every bit the confidence that the DFM delete will prolong it life !
And as a high performance shop I have to laugh at all of you that have an oil preference..
Most oils will do the job except one brand and that's mobile one...
If you folks only knew!!
That stuff is Garbage and I can prove it !
It's what they put in it at the stealership!

Last edited:
And as a high performance shop I have to laugh at all of you that have an oil preference..
If you folks only knew!!
🍿

If you folks only knew!!
LMFAO........I've used Mobil 1 in many rigs for years. Hundreds of thousands miles on that shit. Family has used Mobil products since at least the 50s in every vehicle and piece of equipment on the farm. I can guarantee that farm equipment has worked harder than most vehicles ever will and some of it is 50+ years old. I know countless peple that use it. Never heard of a motor blown.

The only motors I've ever heard blown are the guys on this site and I have no idea what their oil choices or service intervals have been.

LMFAO........I've used Mobil 1 in many rigs for years. Hundreds of thousands miles on that shit. Family has used Mobil products since at least the 50s in every vehicle and piece of equipment on the farm. I can guarantee that farm equipment has worked harder than most vehicles ever will and some of it is 50+ years old. I know countless peple that use it. Never heard of a motor blown.

The only motors I've ever heard blown are the guys on this site and I have no idea what their oil choices or service intervals have been.
It's obvious to me you don't know shit and probably never had a motor that made over a thousand horses power and turned over 8500 rpms. I've built hundreds of custom motors in my 45 years as a professional engineer

It's obvious to me you don't know shit and probably never had a motor that made over a thousand horses power and turned over 8500 rpms. I've built hundreds of custom motors in my 45 years as a professional engineer
LMFAO........I've forgotten more about horsepower than most "builders" will ever know. This was my daily driver when I was 12 years old. Several gallons of Mobil oil went into this motor twice a year. A farmer down the road still rolls coal with it to this day.

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20231209_130109_Google.jpg
    SmartSelect_20231209_130109_Google.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 10

Most Member Reactions

Back