Range Technology Beta Testing

Put the truck in L and then select the (+) to get it up to 9. Depending on the dealer, it may very well have a warranty impact and get your VIN flagged if you don't remove it before getting it serviced. Some dealer won't care, or even see it, others will. As far as the Lexus, I believe Lexus has already been flagged as the motors are the same as in the Tundra and Lexus is also a part of the recall.
I haven't tried the L9 thing, does this mean you're locked out of 10th?

As far as warranty goes if you remove it before taking it to the dealer they won't know it had it. and my dealer told me once I get one just leave it on they will not see it even if they see it. he said there's no way they're going to hassle me for saving the engine. this could vary by dealer of course.

I haven't tried the L9 thing, does this mean you're locked out of 10th?

As far as warranty goes if you remove it before taking it to the dealer they won't know it had it. and my dealer told me once I get one just leave it on they will not see it even if they see it. he said there's no way they're going to hassle me for saving the engine. this could vary by dealer of course.
Yes...no 10th gear. Tow/Haul gives you the best of all world and better shift points. Dealers will vary...some will kill your warranty and others will not care. Dealer dependent.

Will be interesting to see if this is truly the magic bullet that stops all engine issues (and saves GM tons of cash in engine replacements, catastrophic repairs, etc)…sub’d

Will be interesting to see if this is truly the magic bullet that stops all engine issues (and saves GM tons of cash in engine replacements, catastrophic repairs, etc)…sub’d
Will this device save your truck from spun bearings? :LOL:

Reactions: AXE
Yes it will help on the bearings, but only on oil related failures not the incorrect clearance issue. the oil pump cuts flow and pressure when the lifters are deactivated.

It's not going to be a magic bullet, it's just a way to minimize failures. it's pretty damn obvious deflated lifters with the oil cut off can't be a good thing. it's hilarious people will argue about the benefits of stopping that and doing away with the irritating engine shut off because they don't want to spend $229. but I'm glad they do that's why they were still in stock and I got one.

Will this device save your truck from spun bearings? :LOL:
I have my doubts but the “problematic diesel” was scorched on a thread about catastrophic 6.2 failures…what do I know, numerous things don’t make sense to me 🤷‍♂️

…I’ll stick around and see how it unfolds from the cheap seats 🤠

Last edited:
Yes it will help on the bearings, but only on oil related failures not the incorrect clearance issue. the oil pump cuts flow and pressure when the lifters are deactivated.

It's not going to be a magic bullet, it's just a way to minimize failures. it's pretty damn obvious deflated lifters with the oil cut off can't be a good thing. it's hilarious people will argue about the benefits of stopping that and doing away with the irritating engine shut off because they don't want to spend $229. but I'm glad they do that's why they were still in stock and I got one.
All I am asking is how is this different than putting the truck into a mode of operation that already eliminates DFM? What will this do that the other methods will not? If I still had my 6.2, I would probably buy it only so that I don't have to put my truck in L9 or Tow/Haul every time I started it.

All I am asking is how is this different than putting the truck into a mode of operation that already eliminates DFM? What will this do that the other methods will not? If I still had my 6.2, I would probably buy it only so that I don't have to put my truck in L9 or Tow/Haul every time I started it.

Maybe it's not any different, but I have a 10 speed I want 10 gears, it doesn't get great MPG anyway so why make it worse by locking out 10th.

I'm not sure tow/haul does deactivate it; it feels to me like it's still doing it. and I like sport mode best it sounds better.

Maybe it's not any different, but I have a 10 speed I want 10 gears, it doesn't get great MPG anyway so why make it worse by locking out 10th.

I'm not sure tow/haul does deactivate it; it feels to me like it's still doing it. and I like sport mode best it sounds better.
i like the different shift points in tow/haul mode and love the higher revs and sound of the Borla.

Mine is a 24 and I tried L9 today. I noticed I also could put in L10 if I wanted. Not sure there would be any difference? I could not tell any difference in the way the motor sounded. Having it in L9 was very similar to “sport” mode. When in sport mode there seems to be no difference in rpm vs normal like in my Audi. What “sport mode does do is open up the exhaust and change shift points. It acts a lot like being in L9. I have yet to try tow haul.

Most Member Reactions

Back