ZR2 1500 Eat Your Pig Heart Out

ZR2BIZON

Reaction score
Lifted High Country moar capable than a ZR2??

1000036700.jpg

Well, 22s are not really used for off-road—typically for posers (yep, total judgment here), and there’s no mention whatsoever of lockers. How can it be “moar” capable than a ZedR2?!
It’s a pretty truck, no doubt it. Being guilty of judgment myself, when I saw the pic I thought to myself…
IMG_1787.jpeg

***bonus points if you read that in his voice***

Well, 22s are not really used for off-road—typically for posers (yep, total judgment here), and there’s no mention whatsoever of lockers. How can it be “moar” capable than a ZedR2?!
If I remember correctly High Country does have rear locking differential.

Sorry, guys—calling your bluff. No locker (front or rear) on any Silverado 1/2 ton except the ZR2. Pic is from the Chevy.com website (official) specs comparison tool. (Unless you’re referring to the automatic locking diff, which is not a locker at all, really.)

Attachments

• 8812C60A-C909-44F8-9A0C-E61DB2C841AD.jpeg
    8812C60A-C909-44F8-9A0C-E61DB2C841AD.jpeg
    87.2 KB · Views: 9
Sorry, guys—calling your bluff. No locker (front or rear) on any Silverado 1/2 ton except the ZR2. Pic is from the Chevy.com website (official) specs comparison tool. (Unless you’re referring to the automatic locking diff, which is not a locker at all, really.)
could there be confusion about the high country having auto locking rear diff with Z71 and trailer pack and the ZR2 having a manual engage locking diff???

It’s a pretty truck, no doubt it. Being guilty of judgment myself, when I saw the pic I thought to myself…
View attachment 13760

***bonus points if you read that in his voice***
Absolutely---here in Texas the Vast Vast majority of modified 4wd trucks are mall crawlers. I always snicker at them as they have no idea that in very challenging conditions that they will be at a huge disadvantage from and just as 2 examples, no sidewall to speak of also being too high to go on most roads where trees are overhead lol.

Absolutely---here in Texas the Vast Vast majority of modified 4wd trucks are mall crawlers. I always snicker at them as they have no idea that in very challenging conditions that they will be at a huge disadvantage from and just as 2 examples, no sidewall to speak of also being too high to go on most roads where trees are overhead lol.
You have it worse up there in DFW vs me down in South Texas, all them wallet cowboys driving big ass trucks that haven’t even picked up anything more than a bag of dog food. Much less throwing a few thousand pounds on the hitch.

Z71 and most trucks do have “lockers”….

But not the manual E locker of the ZR2. They use the Eaton G80 or a derivative. which is an “automatic” locker. Clutches engage at X rpm of wheel slip and lock the wheels together. Its a major weak point as when it snaps locked it can and will break shit under heavy throttle and the truck hooks.

The front locker however is exclusive. The Torsen from Ford is at least a LSD up front. Which is much better then anything GM offers outside of this truck.

Eaton

Z71 and most trucks do have “lockers”….

But not the manual E locker of the ZR2. They use the Eaton G80 or a derivative. which is an “automatic” locker. Clutches engage at X rpm of wheel slip and lock the wheels together. Its a major weak point as when it snaps locked it can and will break shit under heavy throttle and the truck hooks.

The front locker however is exclusive. The Torsen from Ford is at least a LSD up front. Which is much better then anything GM offers outside of this truck.

Eaton
good info

Most Member Reactions

Back