2022 Silverado ZR2 Check Engine Light

Dondo

Reaction score
The truck has 18,600 miles. I tried to remote start it this morning but the remote start wouldn’t work. When I got in it and started it the DIC had a “Service Transmission Required” warning and the check engine light was on. I drove it into work hoping it was a glitch but when I started it on lunch the DIC warning changed to “Service Transmission Now. Unable To Shift to Soon”. The drive drives and shifts fine. I am bringing it into the dealership in the morning.

I really hope it’s something stupid like a sensor or something and they don’t end up keeping the truck. I bought the 100k extended warranty so I’ll get a loaner if they keep it overnight. I just don’t want to drive a loaner shit box while they check it out.

Attachments

• IMG_6020.jpeg
    IMG_6020.jpeg
    261.1 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_6021.jpeg
    IMG_6021.jpeg
    424.5 KB · Views: 15
The truck has 18,600 miles. I tried to remote start it this morning but the remote start wouldn’t work. When I got in it and started it the DIC had a “Service Transmission Required” warning and the check engine light was on. I drove it into work hoping it was a glitch but when I started it on lunch the DIC warning changed to “Service Transmission Now. Unable To Shift to Soon”. The drive drives and shifts fine. I am bringing it into the dealership in the morning.

I really hope it’s something stupid like a sensor or something and they don’t end up keeping the truck. I bought the 100k extended warranty so I’ll get a loaner if they keep it overnight. I just don’t want to drive a loaner shit box while they check it out.
Dang that sucks!
Hopefully they give you an Imapala SS High Country Z28. Jk
Keep us posted!

that sux!!! good luck. my confirmed loaner shitbox.

Attachments

• 20240506_181515.jpg
    20240506_181515.jpg
    427.6 KB · Views: 12
I spoke to the service writer this morning. He said they have seen this before and the Trans Tech just needs to reprogram the Transmission Control Module.
He just called me and said that the service transmission warning light was still on. They are now going to change the Shifter Assembly but it will be a few days to get the part. I’m going down on lunch to pick up the loaner car…

Last edited:
Its definitely not a ZR2 but I got a 2024 Equinox with 200 miles on it.
I asked about a pickup and the loaner Silverado is due back in on Friday. If they still have my truck on Friday then I’m next for the loaner truck.

I’m not happy about the Equinox but the dealer has always treated my family well and at least is a SUV.

Its definitely not a ZR2 but I got a 2024 Equinox with 200 miles on it.
I asked about a pickup and the loaner Silverado is due back in on Friday. If they still have my truck on Friday then I’m next for the loaner truck.

I’m not happy about the Equinox but the dealer has always treated my family well and at least is a SUV.
If the Equinox comes back with a trailer hitch we got your back.

I just had to run to the store and I have to be honest. It was really nice just pulling into the first spot closest to the door and not care who parked next to me.
Except when I came out I forgot what I was driving and walked all the way to the end of the isle before I remembered.

Most Member Reactions

Back