New owner!

PaulNY

Reaction score
Hey everyone, just purchased a new ‘24 HD ZR2 with Duramax. Summit White with tech, sunroof, high clearance steps (had dealer swap as I’m not a fan of off road assist steps), up fitter kit, and snow plow prep. I pick up tomorrow morning and am trading my ‘24 Toyota Tundra TRD Pro. I don’t need a diesel, but wanted one. What the heck, I’m near my mid 50’s and want to have some diesel fun. Let the mods begin! Here is truck before detail and steps swap. Look forward to diesel maintenance advice and chatting with you fine people. Cheers.

Attachments

• IMG_1931.jpeg
    IMG_1931.jpeg
    166.9 KB · Views: 47
Hey everyone, just purchased a new ‘24 HD ZR2 with Duramax. Summit White with tech, sunroof, high clearance steps (had dealer swap as I’m not a fan of off road assist steps), up fitter kit, and snow plow prep. I pick up tomorrow morning and am trading my ‘24 Toyota Tundra TRD Pro. I don’t need a diesel, but wanted one. What the heck, I’m near my mid 50’s and want to have some diesel fun. Let the mods begin! Here is truck before detail and steps swap. Look forward to diesel maintenance advice and chatting with you fine people. Cheers.
welcome but it sounds like you may be an anti-gassite.

Nice choice. I was in same situation mid 50s, why not, tow anything. Travel with room to spare. I miss my 6.2 but those couple seconds 0 to 60 lost isnt even noticeable on a 8300 lb vehicle. Enjoy and happy adventures. Been extremely happy with my hd ZR2. I havent had any buyers remorse, they are expensive but extremely happy with the ride quality of this lifted 3/4 ton truck and its stock power output. Def not like my old 3/4 ton trucks of the past. Only problem Ive had is when some lady ran her shopping cart into my rear quarter panel and acted like it didn't happen. 🤪

Fresh detail pics before taking delivery. My first white truck and I think it looks awesome in the ZR2 package. I had the option of a slate gray as well, but the white spoke to me. Mod recommendations are welcome. I still need to figure out what to do with the bed cover and storage options.

Attachments

• IMG_2601.jpeg
    IMG_2601.jpeg
    306.4 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_2599.jpeg
    IMG_2599.jpeg
    290.6 KB · Views: 39
Fresh detail pics before taking delivery. My first white truck and I think it looks awesome in the ZR2 package. I had the option of a slate gray as well, but the white spoke to me. Mod recommendations are welcome. I still need to figure out what to do with the bed cover and storage options.
Nice that they had high clearance steps on there for you. 😎

I traded my 23 tundra platinum before the recall for the toyotas grenading themselves. Did you like the Tundra? I hated my 23.

I traded my 23 tundra platinum before the recall for the toyotas grenading themselves. Did you like the Tundra? I hated my 23.
Great call on trading your Tundra and that's one of the reasons my wife and I decided to ditch my two-month-old '24. I changed the oil a couple of weeks ago at just over 2k miles and there was a disturbing amount of debris and large metal chunk in the oil pan. I cleaned the pan thoroughly before changing the oil so that I could get a good view of anything foreign.

The Tundra was ok, but not Toyota quality that I am used to with my old Land Cruiser and 4Runner. It had rattles, poor build quality with panel gaps and bumper misalignments, and parts just seemed cheap. I never truly enjoyed driving it and the oil change was the straw that broke the Camel's back. It must have been divine intervention because I LOVE my ZR2. Not a single rattle, great body alignment, build quality seems "tight", and the Duramax is icing on the cake. If I was truck shopping two months ago and had driven the ZR2 then, I would not have bought the Tundra. Luckily, I was able to trade out of it unscathed.

Most Member Reactions

Back