What have you done to your Silverado ZR2 this week? 🛠️

Mine is all black, and I want to replace it with one that’s red and black.
I haven’t seen any in those colors. Only the original chrome/blk/red and the blacked out version from GM. I used vinyl to make my black/gold badges, outta the new blacked out badges.

With yours already being blacked out, would be easy to leave in place overlay some red vinyl and use an exacto razor to cut it out.

Did some vinyl work on my ZR2 and got the flow tie back on. Painted the inner flow tie a matte gold and the outside gloss black. Was reading on here and got some more ideas for the front. Thinking I should wrap the grill bar under the flow tie in gold too, then paint the silver skid plate gloss black or wrap in matching matte gold 🤷🏼‍♂️…. Might be a little too much gold as it’s a big piece.

Gloss black, matte black, or matching gold for the skid plate guys??

That looks really good, nice touches. I think the lower bar would look good also being gold but you’re right, the skid plate is massive and would be too much if it was all gold. Matte black might be better for the plate.
Are you going to do the tow hooks too?

That looks really good, nice touches. I think the lower bar would look good also being gold but you’re right, the skid plate is massive and would be too much if it was all gold. Matte black might be better for the plate.
Are you going to do the tow hooks too?
Tow hooks are underway, I have them primed, I’ll paint them gold this afternoon. I’m leaning towards doing the skid plate in gloss black.

Attachments

• IMG_0119.jpeg
    IMG_0119.jpeg
    159.4 KB · Views: 45
Did some vinyl work on my ZR2 and got the flow tie back on. Painted the inner flow tie a matte gold and the outside gloss black. Was reading on here and got some more ideas for the front. Thinking I should wrap the grill bar under the flow tie in gold too, then paint the silver skid plate gloss black or wrap in matching matte gold 🤷🏼‍♂️…. Might be a little too much gold as it’s a big piece.

Gloss black, matte black, or matching gold for the skid plate guys??
Personally, I’d go with a matte black on the skid plate.

Work continues on the bandit ZR2!!!
👍🤣🤙

Got the hood bulge wrapped in a matte/satin black with gold accent and black 6.2L badges!!

For my DIY brothers or those willing to take a try at vinyl it was relatively easy, as the bulge is mostly a big flat square.
I used matte black vivid vinyl from Amazon. IMO they have good stuff I’ve used it in the past to wrap motorcycles, and other toys….

Attachments

• IMG_0129.jpeg
    IMG_0129.jpeg
    367.5 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG_0127.jpeg
    IMG_0127.jpeg
    300.5 KB · Views: 135
  • IMG_0128.jpeg
    IMG_0128.jpeg
    273.9 KB · Views: 136
  • IMG_0130.jpeg
    IMG_0130.jpeg
    343.6 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG_0134.jpeg
    IMG_0134.jpeg
    102.7 KB · Views: 135
Last edited:
👍🤣🤙

Got the hood bulge wrapped in a matte/satin black with gold accent and black 6.2L badges!!

For my DIY brothers or those willing to take a try at vinyl it was relatively easy, as the bulge is a mostly big flat square.
I used matte black vivid vinyl from Amazon. IMO they have good stuff I’ve used it in the past to wrap motorcycles, and other toys….
Your project is coming along nicely! Very cool look and definitely unique!

Changed out the factory tailights for some Smoked tailights,also have a smoked vinyl for the 3rd brake light coming friday. I also want to black out the badges.

Attachments

• 20231107_175352.jpg
    20231107_175352.jpg
    264.1 KB · Views: 66
Changed out the factory tailights for some Smoked tailights,also have a smoked vinyl for the 3rd brake light coming friday. I also want to black out the badges.
Waiting for black Friday deals to pick up the smoked tail lights too. Already have the vinyl to do the 3rd brake light, just have to find the time. Thinking about wrapping the zr2 badges with some vinyl from Amazon.

Waiting for black Friday deals to pick up the smoked tail lights too. Already have the vinyl to do the 3rd brake light, just have to find the time. Thinking about wrapping the zr2 badges with some vinyl from Amazon.
I should have done that haha.. let me know how putting the vinyl on goes! I might end up doing that

For those of you that may be looking for a different hood scoop.
I recently saw these and was seriously thinking about it. Upon further looking into it before pulling the trigger, I don’t believe this scoop will fit the trail boss or zr2 trim level hoods. Look closely it’s shown on the lower level non bulge hoods.

Attachments

• IMG_0138.jpeg
    IMG_0138.jpeg
    201 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_0139.jpeg
    IMG_0139.jpeg
    121 KB · Views: 64
I recently saw these and was seriously thinking about it. Upon further looking into it before pulling the trigger, I don’t believe this scoop will fit the trail boss or zr2 trim level hoods. Look closely it’s shown on the lower level non bulge hoods.
And it is ugly as shit.

Tow hooks are underway, I have them primed, I’ll paint them gold this afternoon. I’m leaning towards doing the skid plate in gloss black.
Here's my skid plate Line-Xd in gloss black. Looks way better. Also these are the Method bronze wheels. In bright light they are a little more golden. Maybe that's the look your after.

Attachments

• 20230928_170322.jpg
    20230928_170322.jpg
    230.4 KB · Views: 148
  • 20230928_170237.jpg
    20230928_170237.jpg
    369.1 KB · Views: 145
Here's my skid plate Line-Xd in gloss black. Looks way better. Also these are the Method bronze wheels. In bright light they are a little more golden. Maybe that's the look your after.
Thanks, your truck looks good!!

The gloss black matches the entire truck nicely!

I do like the method wheels and agree they’re lighter in color with more of a gold tone to them. I’ve actually seen a couple sets of them rolling around town recently.

However I just ordered the Rock Trix this morning, which do look a little darker and more bronze than gold. I looked at a handful more reviews of them on Amazon, lighting definitely plays into it!

We’ll see when they come in, supposed to be delivered the 20th!!

Reactions: AXE
👍🤣🤙

For my DIY brothers or those willing to take a try at vinyl it was relatively easy, as the bulge is mostly a big flat square.
The gold accent around the 6.2 is a nice touch! Well done

Most Member Reactions

Back