What have you done to your Silverado ZR2 this week? 🛠️

Saw a ‘23 Sierra AT4X AEV for sale near me this weekend. 10k off of sticker. 82k and some change out the door.

Salesman offered me 57k trade in for my truck. Complete joke. So, I almost sold the ZR2 this week.

Saw a ‘23 Sierra AT4X AEV for sale near me this weekend. 10k off of sticker. 82k and some change out the door.

Salesman offered me 57k trade in for my truck. Complete joke. So, I almost sold the ZR2 this week.
KBB has my 22' at top range of about 62k. i wonder why yours was low balled.

KBB has my 22' at top range of about 62k. i wonder why yours was low balled.
You can't go by KBB or any of those sites to give an accurate value. It is based on several factors and the software they use to determine values in your local area. Every county/state trade values will differ greatly.

They are basically trying to offset the discount on new truck with trade, so they make some on both.

That's one of the excuses they gave me on my 2500 purchase. No trade to make money on, so less of a discount.

I almost always sell mine outright, but I did trade my wife's Tahoe last time cause they gave me about what I thought I could sell it for.

I have access to Black Book values as well. That was well below typical trade in value.
i used KBB when trading my 21 denali in for my ZR2. KBB is def a regional resource. i say stick to your guns. our trucks are a commodity just like gold and silver. ZR2 is def an odd bird here in northeast.

Reactions: AXE
i used KBB when trading my 21 denali in for my ZR2. KBB is def a regional resource. i say stick to your guns. our trucks are a commodity just like gold and silver. ZR2 is def an odd bird here in northeast.
Im not in a rush to get rid of the current truck. But, if the deal is there I’d do the swap. That winch capable front bumper would be useful on my land.

Made some small cosmetic changes this past week and installed the sub about 2 weeks ago. Got some rubbing when fully turned so looking to install some spacers if anyone has any good suggestions. Also ordered the Invisible glass Window Ceramic Coating just need it not to rain so I can apply it. SFMF

Attachments

• 20231101_194311.jpg
    20231101_194311.jpg
    206.6 KB · Views: 102
  • Screenshot_20231101_171703_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20231101_171703_Gallery.jpg
    262.9 KB · Views: 101
  • 20231101_163645.jpg
    20231101_163645.jpg
    194.9 KB · Views: 103
Installed a Micromobile GMRS unit for trail and emergency usage. Hard mounted in the console side storage pocket where it is out of the way and can hear the speaker nice and clear. Plus, it’s one less cubby for the wife to stash her trash.

Attachments

• IMG_4604.jpeg
    IMG_4604.jpeg
    348.5 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_4606.jpeg
    IMG_4606.jpeg
    156.3 KB · Views: 117
Been working on blacking her out and swapping out badges, still have to finish up the flow tie…. Going for a black and bronze/gold look. Planing to replace factory rims with either method bronze 18s or rock trix bronze 18s, help me decided between the two. I’m torn between price point/style/ and the shade of bronze is different too. Waiting to do the tires as the GYs only have 9k miles on them. Also planing on vinyl wrapping the hood budge flat back, tried removing yesterday…. Clips are in all the PITA spots, gonna wrap in place and see what happens.

Attachments

• IMG_0101.jpeg
    IMG_0101.jpeg
    38.7 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_0100.jpeg
    IMG_0100.jpeg
    34.6 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_0097.png
    IMG_0097.png
    282 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_0096.jpeg
    IMG_0096.jpeg
    183.5 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_0087.jpeg
    IMG_0087.jpeg
    266.1 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_0084.jpeg
    IMG_0084.jpeg
    246.6 KB · Views: 109
Been working on blacking her out and swapping out badges, still have to finish up the flow tie…. Going for a black and bronze/gold look. Planing to replace factory rims with either method bronze 18s or rock trix bronze 18s, help me decided between the two. I’m torn between price point/style/ and the shade of bronze is different too. Waiting to do the tires as the GYs only have 9k miles on them. Also planing on vinyl wrapping the hood budge flat back, tried removing yesterday…. Clips are in all the PITA spots, gonna wrap in place and see what happens.
looks great.. gold tow hooks??

looks great.. gold tow hooks??
Ordered black ones, should be here Tuesday!! 🤙

Update, black tow hooks came in today. They’re powder coated black, I assumed they where gonna have a thick rubber coating like the red factory ones seem to have…

With that said they’re primer gray and will be matching gold by end of the week!!! 😁

Last edited:
Can the ZR2 badge on the grille be removed without breaking it?
Probably, but it’s a challenge. There are two placement pins that make it hard. Mine broke at the 2 while removing it.

Can the ZR2 badge on the grille be removed without breaking it?
Use a heat gun to soften the double sided tape that’s holding it on. I got mine off one piece no issue.

I had two break where the R and 2 connect, the tailgate and one of the front fender badges.

DM me if you’d be interested in my front grill badge.

Use a heat gun to soften the double sided tape that’s holding it on. I got mine off one piece no issue.

I had two break where the R and 2 connect, the tailgate and one of the front fender badges.

DM me if you’d be interested in my front grill badge.
Mine is all black, and I want to replace it with one that’s red and black.

Did some vinyl work on my ZR2 and got the flow tie back on. Painted the inner flow tie a matte gold and the outside gloss black. Was reading on here and got some more ideas for the front. Thinking I should wrap the grill bar under the flow tie in gold too, then paint the silver skid plate gloss black or wrap in matching matte gold 🤷🏼‍♂️…. Might be a little too much gold as it’s a big piece.

Gloss black, matte black, or matching gold for the skid plate guys??

Attachments

• IMG_0112.jpeg
    IMG_0112.jpeg
    327.6 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_0114.jpeg
    IMG_0114.jpeg
    356 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_0113.jpeg
    IMG_0113.jpeg
    268.1 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_0111.jpeg
    IMG_0111.jpeg