Picked up new Truck

Jace

Reaction score
Hi All,

I finally threw down and picked up my new ZR2. Only one option in Australia for the ZR2 which is 6.2, Tech pack, BOSE and sports exhaust (all good options to have)

Lots of silly things wrong with it, but I love it and it goes awesome.

Have a great day
Truck Beach.jpg
Truck Bush.jpg

Hi All,

I finally threw down and picked up my new ZR2. Only one option in Australia for the ZR2 which is 6.2, Tech pack, BOSE and sports exhaust (all good options to have)

Have a great day
View attachment 13662View attachment 13663
welcome mate!! nice rig.

Ok @Jace, I'm dying to know, what issues have you found? Inquiring minds are curious! When you pay as much for these trucks as we do, nothing is silly, always worth sharing, maybe we can all learn something.

View attachment 13715
Hi there, well here goes, perhaps you guys can tell me I'm being silly,

When I picked it up it had a terrible miss at idle (ok under load) The Service Tech said it just needs a good run. Remembering it has probably spent 6 months of sitting around between the boat ride to Australia and then the right hand drive conversion process etc. that seemed reasonable. The miss is significantly better, but its still there.

The AC fan when on low is the noisiest thing in the cabin, louder than the engine. Not wind noise, something not right noise.

The drive train is noisy / whiney. When coasting its the most obvious. Not tyre noise. I have driven several of these over the last couple of years, one was noisy, two were not. Unfortunately mine is. This annoys me the most. (not my first Silverado or 4x4)

I think the seat part of the front seat is lifting / delaminating?

They are the big hitters off the top of my head.

Like I said, I love it, been dreaming and saving for years to make it happen and damn it gets a lot of unwanted attention. Whilst there are plenty of American Trucks here in recent years, really the biggest vehicles on the road are Toyota Landcruiser 300 size.

I’ve done 1300 miles in it now and its booked for its 1 month service in a week. Hopefully I will get some resolution.

Jason

Hi there, well here goes, perhaps you guys can tell me I'm being silly,

When I picked it up it had a terrible miss at idle (ok under load) The Service Tech said it just needs a good run. Remembering it has probably spent 6 months of sitting around between the boat ride to Australia and then the right hand drive conversion process etc. that seemed reasonable. The miss is significantly better, but its still there.

The AC fan when on low is the noisiest thing in the cabin, louder than the engine. Not wind noise, something not right noise.

The drive train is noisy / whiney. When coasting its the most obvious. Not tyre noise. I have driven several of these over the last couple of years, one was noisy, two were not. Unfortunately mine is. This annoys me the most. (not my first Silverado or 4x4)

I think the seat part of the front seat is lifting / delaminating?

They are the big hitters off the top of my head.

Like I said, I love it, been dreaming and saving for years to make it happen and damn it gets a lot of unwanted attention. Whilst there are plenty of American Trucks here in recent years, really the biggest vehicles on the road are Toyota Landcruiser 300 size.

I’ve done 1300 miles in it now and its booked for its 1 month service in a week. Hopefully I will get some resolution.

Jason
great info..give this list to the dealer.

Hi All,

Have a great day
View attachment 13662View attachment 13663
My daughter will be studying abroad in Wollongong in July. I'm jealous. Hopefully I'll make it out to visit her. Haven't been down under since 97!

Most Member Reactions

Back