Picked up new Truck

Hi there, well here goes, perhaps you guys can tell me I'm being silly,

When I picked it up it had a terrible miss at idle (ok under load) The Service Tech said it just needs a good run. Remembering it has probably spent 6 months of sitting around between the boat ride to Australia and then the right hand drive conversion process etc. that seemed reasonable. The miss is significantly better, but its still there.

The AC fan when on low is the noisiest thing in the cabin, louder than the engine. Not wind noise, something not right noise.

The drive train is noisy / whiney. When coasting its the most obvious. Not tyre noise. I have driven several of these over the last couple of years, one was noisy, two were not. Unfortunately mine is. This annoys me the most. (not my first Silverado or 4x4)

I think the seat part of the front seat is lifting / delaminating?

They are the big hitters off the top of my head.

Like I said, I love it, been dreaming and saving for years to make it happen and damn it gets a lot of unwanted attention. Whilst there are plenty of American Trucks here in recent years, really the biggest vehicles on the road are Toyota Landcruiser 300 size.

I’ve done 1300 miles in it now and its booked for its 1 month service in a week. Hopefully I will get some resolution.

Jason
Hi Jason!
I don't think any of this is silly, and I don't care how long transit is, they have an obligation to get you the product you bought, I mean, what's the price difference one without these concerns and this one? Same price basically, so...

Truck should not have ANY miss, bad or broken coil likely, but is that silly to notice and think something could be wrong...NO, and for the mechanic to feed you that load of horse shit should be criminal.

I would pull your cabin air filter and see what it looks like, I find they can be filthy with leaves dirt pollen and everything else in less than 10K miles, maybe doing that would give you some info if you run the system for a minute without it in, worth a shot. Oh, and by the way, that also isn't silly.

With this kind of 'noise' I make a service manager ride with me and hear it, make sure they document it and you see it in your service printout, then start a file with GM customer service, for all we know they didn't get enough lube in the transfer case or differentials, need it documented. Also, not silly.

Maybe some pics of the front seat would help us understand what you're seeing, maybe we might have some advice, but without even seeing it I have some... DOCUMENT IT at the dealer.

I don't think these things are silly, you didn't just fall off the turnip wagon, and while we may have been born in the dark, it wasn't last night. Get this stuff documented, act dumb if you have to, but make sure they get it all documented since all they need to know is that you have these concerns and want them documented, you've barely had the truck long enough to evaluate it all, and now that you have, those points need to be known by all since it is the only chance you have at remedy if you are right. IMHO/YMMV

Hi Jason!
I don't think any of this is silly, and I don't care how long transit is, they have an obligation to get you the product you bought, I mean, what's the price difference one without these concerns and this one? Same price basically, so...

Truck should not have ANY miss, bad or broken coil likely, but is that silly to notice and think something could be wrong...NO, and for the mechanic to feed you that load of horse shit should be criminal.

I would pull your cabin air filter and see what it looks like, I find they can be filthy with leaves dirt pollen and everything else in less than 10K miles, maybe doing that would give you some info if you run the system for a minute without it in, worth a shot. Oh, and by the way, that also isn't silly.

With this kind of 'noise' I make a service manager ride with me and hear it, make sure they document it and you see it in your service printout, then start a file with GM customer service, for all we know they didn't get enough lube in the transfer case or differentials, need it documented. Also, not silly.

Maybe some pics of the front seat would help us understand what you're seeing, maybe we might have some advice, but without even seeing it I have some... DOCUMENT IT at the dealer.

I don't think these things are silly, you didn't just fall off the turnip wagon, and while we may have been born in the dark, it wasn't last night. Get this stuff documented, act dumb if you have to, but make sure they get it all documented since all they need to know is that you have these concerns and want them documented, you've barely had the truck long enough to evaluate it all, and now that you have, those points need to be known by all since it is the only chance you have at remedy if you are right. IMHO/YMMV
Thx for the advice

Here is another small piece of it, the 6.2 could possibly have an issue down the road, between DFM and collapsed lifters, and now seeing a number of them with spun bearings, I would do 2 things, change my oil early and often with good quality full synth that is spec'ed and somewhat economical, oil is cheap, engines are not, and get a good

Neodymium Magnet drain plug!!!​

It can help you see if anything starts giving you signs, always check for a paste on it and you will know if any ferrous metals are there. Again, IMHO/YMMV

Here is the ones I use, not sure if it is the same size/pitch/thread as the 6.2 but as long as it is a good Neodymium magnet you are good.

Most Member Reactions

Back