Infotainment Audio Cuts In & Out 23 ZR2

everyone is having the same issue but i have never heard of it getting worse. in my case its been for the first 4 minutes or so.
Usually the same for me, 2 cut outs in first song or two. This morning good ole Phil Collins cut in and out prob 7-8 times in one song. Couldn't believe it

I still think it is a satelite radio problem. Whenever I go under a overpass, I lose the radio. When I exit the under pass it returns. No big deal. Maybe a better antenna
would help the reception.

I still think it is a satelite radio problem. Whenever I go under a overpass, I lose the radio. When I exit the under pass it returns. No big deal. Maybe a better antenna
That is the nature of satellite on every vehicle made. The issue it that it does it on EVERY source, not just satellite.

My satellite radio and regular fm works pretty good on both my rigs. The streaming is really bad and cuts out a lot. I can confirm this carries over 6 months into the 24 models. GM loves peddling junk, so they are gonna run it out awhile and see if they can break recorded Q3 profits in Q4!

My 23 does the same thing, actually sometimes the streaming from the phone disconnects and in the screen says WIFI Interference, trying to reconnect, after a few seconds it reconnect, annoying as hell.
Has anyone tried connecting the phone via usb-c?

I have a 2024 that now has about 400 miles on it and every other time I get in my truck I have zero sound. No radio sound, no turn signal sounds, etc. I took it to the dealer yesterday and they updated the software and then today on my way to Thanksgiving dinner no sound. The most infuriating thing ever. When is GM going to release a fix. There has to be 10 YouTube videos, and hundreds of people having the same issue.

I have a 2024 that now has about 400 miles on it and every other time I get in my truck I have zero sound. No radio sound, no turn signal sounds, etc. I took it to the dealer yesterday and they updated the software and then today on my way to Thanksgiving dinner no sound. The most infuriating thing ever. When is GM going to release a fix. There has to be 10 YouTube videos, and hundreds of people having the same issue.
Replace the AMP. This happened to me picking up the truck from the dealer I bought it from, 7 miles on the clock. Since the selling dealer had no clue how to address the issue (among several other issues including deep scratches in the paint that I was not told about until I found them after flying hours to pick it up), I brought it to my local dealer, they diagnosed and replaced it.

Replace the AMP. This happened to me picking up the truck from the dealer I bought it from, 7 miles on the clock. Since the selling dealer had no clue how to address the issue (among several other issues including deep scratches in the paint that I was not told about until I found them after flying hours to pick it up), I brought it to my local dealer, they diagnosed and replaced it.
This is interesting, because I have three rigs with this "same" system including a 22, 23, and 24. My 22 rig seems to have the most issues fading in and out and the sound quality isn't as good. My wife's 23 rig probably sounds the best overall and has minimal issues (also has a center channel speaker), my 24 rig seems pretty good only noticed it a couple times, but haven't driven it much. The 24 rig has very good bass compared to 22. I'm wondering if the amp in my 22 rig is functioning correctly.

This is interesting, because I have three rigs with this "same" system including a 22, 23, and 24. My 22 rig seems to have the most issues fading in and out and the sound quality isn't as good. My wife's 23 rig probably sounds the best overall and has minimal issues (also has a center channel speaker), my 24 rig seems pretty good only noticed it a couple times, but haven't driven it much. The 24 rig has very good bass compared to 22. I'm wondering if the amp in my 22 rig is functioning correctly.
AXE - the issue wasn't sound cutting out, it was NO SOUND at all (radio, Onstar, signals, alarms, etc). After the AMP replacement, I think there is still some delay with the audio coming on using AA with Spotify and it will cut out from time to time, but nothing major.

AXE - the issue wasn't sound cutting out, it was NO SOUND at all (radio, Onstar, signals, alarms, etc). After the AMP replacement, I think there is still some delay with the audio coming on using AA with Spotify and it will cut out from time to time, but nothing major.
Yeah, it's basically a shitty system!

As an EE, after all I have witnessed with this infotainment unit over the past year, it appears to cut out/mute when there is a specific type of communication over the info units data bus. I can manually make it happen just by playing with my phone, while on CarPlay, and doing various things. This is an issue that software should be able to fix and I don't believe it's a hardware issue. However, with that being said, a circuit board component change like a capacitor value (as an example) could also help to resolve the issue based on the circuits design. It is what it is and there is absolutely nothing a dealer can do so no one should be upset with their dealership. Even changing the radio, which many have done, will not fix the issue.

Most Member Reactions

Back