Infotainment Audio Cuts In & Out 23 ZR2

My 23's Infotainment system cuts in and out periodically, it's just a quick in/out but starting to get annoying. It actually rebooted on it's own one time. It impacts the phone, the radio, the sound of the blinkers, etc.

Anyone else have this issue? I'm going to take it in when I have time.

Thanks
Rick
My 2022 does it a few times within the first 10 mins then it's ok for the rest of the trip. It has done this since day one and the dealer couldn't find anything wrong, go figure.

My 2022 does it a few times within the first 10 mins then it's ok for the rest of the trip. It has done this since day one and the dealer couldn't find anything wrong, go figure.
imo, unacceptable. my local dealer said same thing as we both sat in the truck and it happened ...4 dropouts within 4 minutes. i took it back to my selling dealer and she acknowleged the issue and noted it on the RO. they did try an update but instead of using hardwire, they attempted wireless and it didnt take. 2 hours. the patch is not available yet. she also mentioned im one of many with issue.

imo, unacceptable. my local dealer said same thing as we both sat in the truck and it happened ...4 dropouts within 4 minutes. i took it back to my selling dealer and she acknowleged the issue and noted it on the RO. they did try an update but instead of using hardwire, they attempted wireless and it didnt take. 2 hours. the patch is not available yet. she also mentioned im one of many with issue.
You are not one of many...you are one of everyone that has this infotainment system. They are all the same...it just bothers some more that others but it is 100% an issue with every truck made that has this system in it.

Last edited:
Mine did the frequent “mute” in the first 10 minutes until I did a full factory reset on my ‘22…to my recollection, it hasn’t done it again. Mileage I’m sure will vary but it’s worth setting up your phones and favorites again to see if it helps. Restarting a laptop to clean up software issues after multiple updates, upgrades, and installs is very similar in my opinion.

Mine did the frequent “mute” in the first 10 minutes until I did a full factory reset on my ‘22…to my recollection, it hasn’t done it again. Mileage I’m sure will vary but it’s worth setting up your phones and favorites again to see if it helps. Restarting a laptop to clean up software issues after multiple updates, upgrades, and installs is very similar in my opinion.
interesting. think i remember other members doin a hard reset and nada. maybe worth a shot.

How is this reset done?

interesting. think i remember other members doin a hard reset and nada. maybe worth a shot.
Yeah, im definitely not selling the silver bullet here but I am pretty sure it worked for mine, mileage will very likely vary. I kind of figured it was at least worth the shot.

I guess I'll have to wait for that magic patch that will take care of the issue. My son has a 2022 Ram Rebel and hasn't had any of the problems or issues we are having with out ZR2's.

I guess I'll have to wait for that magic patch that will take care of the issue. My son has a 2022 Ram Rebel and hasn't had any of the problems or issues we are having with out ZR2's.
I had a 2019 RAM Limited 4X4 and a 2021 RAM Limited Midnight Edition 4X4...both awesome trucks and would buy one again.

im curious if the 2024 ZR2 1500 has some kinks worked out?....radio, 6.2 motor fail. would love it of they lost DFM. the active exhaust looks promising and i think they are adding sport mode.

im curious if the 2024 ZR2 1500 has some kinks worked out?....radio, 6.2 motor fail. would love it of they lost DFM. the active exhaust looks promising and i think they are adding sport mode.
I think I can share this with some level of certainty:

1. No
2. No
3. No
4. DFM still there

DFM is a reality on these motors…for the estimated 1 MPG it gains…if you remember when the chips weren’t available for DFM and they actually posted the revised MPG numbers for those trucks…unbelievable to me the complexity and increased fail points for such minimal return, I believe a new small block v8 will be released in the 2025’s (can’t recall when???), will be interesting to see what engineers do with fuel efficiency requirements from the start vs trying to live into them with an existing design. I still contend the 6.2 fail rate is super low and what I’m reading is getting lower and lower so they may have gotten in front of that issue but obviously there are many in the wild across trucks and SUVs that could implode.

Radio wise…given the use of these systems across all trucks now (mid size, 1500, and HDs) and SUVs…across GM and Chevy, they have a serious problem on their hands if they don’t get the software hardened.

Active exhaust and sport mode has been confirmed.

I've had these cut in and outs since I got the truck 6 months ago. But last few days it has been dramatically worse, going to try the factory reset. Frustrated is an understatement.

I've had these cut in and outs since I got the truck 6 months ago. But last few days it has been dramatically worse, going to try the factory reset. Frustrated is an understatement.
everyone is having the same issue but i have never heard of it getting worse. in my case its been for the first 4 minutes or so.

Most Member Reactions

Back