Infotainment Audio Cuts In & Out 23 ZR2

Mine cuts out more often that it did. Sometimes the radio will cut out and stay out until i change radio stations. This morning it rebooted while listening to FM.
i think the infotainment issue is getting worse. i timed my new problem of inop steering wheel controls. 4 minutes after startup up....almost like a memory or android spinning circle issue.

Reactions: AXE
i think the infotainment issue is getting worse. i timed my new problem of inop steering wheel controls. 4 minutes after startup up....almost like a memory or android spinning circle issue.
Yours is gonna brick soon. I'd bring it in and tell them you want a new system.

I got a 3 month old Samsung S23 Plus and it's the biggest piece of shit they've put out. Lose reception all the time, keyboard doesn't respond, keyboard spits out whatever letgtepr it fucking wants. It's about to get the hammer fix.

Yours is gonna brick soon. I'd bring it in and tell them you want a new system.

I got a 3 month old Samsung S23 Plus and it's the biggest piece of shit they've put out. Lose reception all the time, keyboard doesn't respond, keyboard spits out whatever letgtepr it fucking wants. It's about to get the hammer fix.
im hoping thats not the case.

The 2500HD Duramax guys are gonna lose their fucking minds if those systems turn out to be this unreliable in the 2024s. Guys make their living with those trucks and can't afford to be without them.

They have enjoyed very reliable trucks for 25 years and have very few turds in that mix. 2012-15 Def system issues and 2015 and newer had some issues with shitty CP4 fuel pumps. Other than that fairly reliable trucks that can run 250k with routine maintenance. One guy did 750K hotshotting on a 2005 (which I owned) and had a water pump and injectors replaced, rest was pretty routine stuff.
As an owner of four HD duramaxes…05 head gaskets, two LBZs, a 15 with a CP3 pump conversion…I chuckled when I read this and then was like, wait a minute, I’m on the list for a 24HD and they better have this all nailed down by then…I somehow accepted it in the 1500😅

As an owner of four HD duramaxes…05 head gaskets, two LBZs, a 15 with a CP3 pump conversion…I chuckled when I read this and then was like, wait a minute, I’m on the list for a 24HD and they better have this all nailed down by then…I somehow accepted it in the 1500😅
I might wander down tomorrow and get my ZR2 order in. However, I made the mistake of getting quotes to repaper my tile roof, so far quotes range from $17 to 42k. Clearly tar paper has went up in value. I might not have any truck money left.

I might wander down tomorrow and get my ZR2 order in. However, I made the mistake of getting quotes to repaper my tile roof, so far quotes range from $17 to 42k. Clearly tar paper has went up in value. I might not have any truck money left.
frick the roof, live in your truck

Hello I have a 22 rst and it’s doing the same took it to the dealer twice and they said it needs and update did update and still doesn’t work when mine cuts out I’ll have my ac on full blast and when it cuts it cuts the ac down to the lowest fan speed. I also have other issues with mine wireless charging isn’t working the way it should, and I did the recall for the headlights now every time in the morning or at night have to turn on the the auto high beam feature on the stalk for it to work.
Mine has just started with the ac on full blast and at the start up as soon as my radio glitches it kicks my ac down to speed 3 then I turn back up. So annoying. Then a day or 2 a week the whole radio goes off restarting multiple times in a drive.

My 2022 Tahoe and now my 2023 ZR2 both have the same issue. Upon start up, for the first few minutes, the sound goes off for a few seconds. For me it does it 2 to 4 times then works fine, until the truck is shut off and restarted. It does not matter if I am parked or moving. I have not used XM but my I phone is always connected once I start, so no idea if that makes any diff. Would love to know what the issue is. I bet its software but.....

There really is no excuse for this! The 2024 Chevy Trax I bought my wife (when I sold the ZR2) is a 2RS. Top of line model, with 2 screens has been flawless. It has a similar interface as the ZR2 with wireless android auto and Apple car play. Audio never cuts out, and is fairly quick in responsiveness. I'm no software wiz for sure, but as cheap as GM is it really can't be too much different. We all know they rushed to get the refreshed trucks out, but come on! There should be a resolution to this issue by now

There really is no excuse for this! The 2024 Chevy Trax I bought my wife (when I sold the ZR2) is a 2RS. Top of line model, with 2 screens has been flawless. It has a similar interface as the ZR2 with wireless android auto and Apple car play. Audio never cuts out, and is fairly quick in responsiveness. I'm no software wiz for sure, but as cheap as GM is it really can't be too much different. We all know they rushed to get the refreshed trucks out, but come on! There should be a resolution to this issue by now
GM probably will fix when enough of us complain.

They just need to replace the power control or supply. It's dropping due to power quality or quality issues. It's almost always when other electronics are engaging.

It does it on ALL audio sources. All I run is SXM. Nothing seems to make a difference.
Mine is totally different. Bluetooth is a constant fade in fade out on mine. I would have taken a hammer or a Rammer to it already if I streamed music.

Last edited:

Most Member Reactions

Back