Infotainment Audio Cuts In & Out 23 ZR2

For those wondering what happened to this issue, my local dealership just tested the fix on my truck and the issue is now gone. You may wanna reach out to your local dealerships for the update. It is a USB port update and a radio update and now the issue is gone. Just done today.
Do you know when this latest update came out?

For those wondering what happened to this issue, my local dealership just tested the fix on my truck and the issue is now gone. You may wanna reach out to your local dealerships for the update. It is a USB port update and a radio update and now the issue is gone. Just done today.
the dealer updated mine Monday of this week and it didn't fix it.

Do you mind sharing your work order. It “should” have details that might help others when dealing with their Service Department.

I've posted this a few weeks ago. Not sure it's the same update, but seems like it probably is. There's a bulletin number listed. Also I don't use Apple, so not sure whynit says that.

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20240111_111119_Gallery.jpg
    SmartSelect_20240111_111119_Gallery.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 47
It would be helpful if you post a pic of the work order.

Interesting...I only listen to XM 100% of the time so assumed it may be an antenna issue. Mine is acting the same...for the first 5-10 minutes and then all is good with the world. It would be great if it's a software issue versus hardware and sounds more like that's what it is. @GearheadSS ...any details on this issue several of us are appearing to have? Thanks

I have not kept track of the radio channels since I also only listen to XM. Does it cut out on other radio stations or MP3 devices?

Awesome can you put a picture of the update number or what they gave you at the dealership? Thanks.

Called the dealership, they said the GM SPS code is 2810335. Not sure if that really help but they said that's what info that had for this update.
Thanks for going the extra mile to get the update number. This definitely helps. If I am correct, we’ve now seen software and hardware (amplifier) fixes to this problem. Going to get mine in once I find a service advisor and dealership that I can trust. There has been enough feedback in this forum to call BS on any dealership who can’t or won’t fix this issue. If GM were a real company, they’d send letters or emails inviting their precious customers to come in for the fix. Not happenin‘ is my guess.

Thanks for going the extra mile to get the update number. This definitely helps. If I am correct, we’ve now seen software and hardware (amplifier) fixes to this problem. Going to get mine in once I find a service advisor and dealership that I can trust. There has been enough feedback in this forum to call BS on any dealership who can’t or won’t fix this issue. If GM were a real company, they’d send letters or emails inviting their precious customers to come in for the fix. Not happenin‘ is my guess.
They are top busy winding down their failed EV program.......like everyone else.

Called the dealership, they said the GM SPS code is 2810335. Not sure if that really help but they said that's what info that had for this update.
That code dates back to at least 2020 for trucks having similar issues with the old infotainment system. May still be part of the fix, but doesn't appear to be a new procedure.

well said

Just as a data point on this issue, my 24 built in September and in my hands on October 30th does this, ususlly around 2-5 times in the first 5 minutes and then stops as near as I can tell, and iirc, new units come with the latest updates available at the time of manufacture give or take, so it would seem that it is either a new fix or it's still broken. It does have all the markings of a software glitch, so maybe one day...
Until then it isn't a huge deal for me, I try not to start "singing along" until after it is done with its tantrum! 😂

Just as a data point on this issue, my 24 built in September and in my hands on October 30th does this, ususlly around 2-5 times in the first 5 minutes and then stops as near as I can tell, and iirc, new units come with the latest updates available at the time of manufacture give or take, so it would seem that it is either a new fix or it's still broken. It does have all the markings of a software glitch, so maybe one day...
Until then it isn't a huge deal for me, I try not to start "singing along" until after it is done with its tantrum! 😂
I can assure you that it’s not fixed and there is no “fix”…yet😉

Most Member Reactions

Back