Infotainment Audio Cuts In & Out 23 ZR2

I had the update done a week ago. GM had a rep here when they did the update on my truck for the audio issues. I can confirm since last week the issue is resolved in my truck. Since the install of the update GM has reached out to me for a status of the update and so far the issue has not returned.
Give it a while. Mine has been random from jump street. My 22 had minor issues at first. I did a 4k mile round trip and the first 2k miles I thought, damn they must have finally did an update that works. The second 2k miles, was the worst it has been. Now it's not too bad again and I had those same updates over a month ago and still occasionally see issues.

My wife's 23 Tahoe hardly ever has issues. My 24 2500HD seems to have a rare occurrence, but I've not driven it enough to know. I do think the entire system is faster in the 24 and it was built in early October.

I posted those updates a while ago and they didn't improve anything on mine. Some days I have 0 issues other days I get them.
It would be nice if there was a way to see if the update was actually applied, it seems to me that an update could fail to install properly, or that a dealer could say they did it when they didn't. Time will tell, I may call my service manager to check on this and see if I can get it done, the proof of the pudding is in the tasting.

It would be nice if there was a way to see if the update was actually applied, it seems to me that an update could fail to install properly, or that a dealer could say they did it when they didn't. Time will tell, I may call my service manager to check on this and see if I can get it done, the proof of the pudding is in the tasting.
The one thing I noticed was improved graphics on my navigation. But navigation now seems slower. If they added a roving paper clip to offer advice, I'd be satisfied!

If they added a roving paper clip to offer advice, I'd be satisfied!
Paper clips for everybody and AXE for President!!!
1705517219339.png

Give it a while. Mine has been random from jump street. My 22 had minor issues at first. I did a 4k mile round trip and the first 2k miles I thought, damn they must have finally did an update that works. The second 2k miles, was the worst it has been. Now it's not too bad again and I had those same updates over a month ago and still occasionally see issues.

My wife's 23 Tahoe hardly ever has issues. My 24 2500HD seems to have a rare occurrence, but I've not driven it enough to know. I do think the entire system is faster in the 24 and it was built in early October.
How did you get the update over a month ago, the new update just came out last week. Are you speaking of a different issue or different update.

As luck would have it, I just got in truck and experienced another issue I've never seen. Map went dark and wouldn't load. A few minutes later it loaded, then went blank, then reloaded, then Sirius went off, then it proceeded to do this for 15 minutes straight every 30 seconds. Map wasn't even close to where I was at.This system sucks.

Attachments

• 20240117_125849.jpg
    20240117_125849.jpg
    247.7 KB · Views: 28
  • SmartSelect_20240117_130304_Gallery.jpg
    SmartSelect_20240117_130304_Gallery.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 28
  • SmartSelect_20240117_130326_Gallery.jpg
    SmartSelect_20240117_130326_Gallery.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 29
How did you get the update over a month ago, the new update just came out last week. Are you speaking of a different issue or different update.
I'm from the future!

Except you never posted shit about specific software updates other than the GM fairy sprinkled some magic dust on your truck to fix a USB port and your radio.

The information you posted dates back to at least 2020. I bieleve that's a procedure relevant to general infotainment/radio fixes.

The only way we could be sure is to see if your fairy can spit out a software update reference number.

I've posted what I believe is the same fix and the relevant information is listed on the work order.

Last edited:
Dealer just called. As of 1/15, GM sent out a TECH BULLETIN to all service shops that they are well aware of the issue and that a "FIX" is in the works. There is no available update today that corrects this issue. I will ask to see the bulletin when I pick up my truck and try to get a pic if I can. However, it is clear now that GM is taking official action and working to get this fix out quickly. That's all I know right now. My buddy is the GM for one of the largest Chevy dealers in North Florida.

I'm from the future!

Except you never posted shit about specific software updates other than the GM fairy sprinkled some magic dust on your truck to fix a USB port and your radio.

The information you posted dates back to at least 2020. I bieleve that's a procedure relevant to general infotainment/radio fixes.

The only way we could be sure is to get see if your fairy can spit out a software update reference number.

I've posted what I believe is the same fix and the relevant information is listed on the work order.
So I guess your just a dickhead that couldn't just read my post as a polite ask of how and what. Instead you come off like a total douche bag.

Reactions: AXE
Dealer just called. As of 1/15, GM sent out a TECH BULLETIN to all service shops that they are well aware of the issue and that a "FIX" is in the works. There is no available update today that corrects this issue. I will ask to see the bulletin when I pick up my truck and try to get a pic if I can. However, it is clear now that GM is taking official action and working to get this fix out quickly. That's all I know right now. My buddy is the GM for one of the largest Chevy dealers in North Florida.
That is in line with what my dealer informed me about yesterday.

If they’re smart it will be delivered via OTA but they probably got that broke too. This all could have been avoided with usability testing but as one of you already said, it was probably rushed and I’ll add that it smells like an offshore job. Maybe the tech bulletin will elaborate on OTA versus dealer visit. I do feel better about the future. LMAO

So I guess your just a dickhead that couldn't just read my post as a polite ask of how and what. Instead you come off like a total douche bag.
Good job! Maybe you should have read all the information I already posted before asking obvious questions. I actually went back and re-read yours to make sure I didn't miss something before I posted that response. Guess what? I didn't miss anything.

I hope your right, but you have to be able to post the information that will help. Otherwise it's just more arm waving. There's been a lot of people post about dealer "fixes". None have worked yet.

Last edited:

I'm still hopeful they can pull this off, but mine seems to be getting worse in spite of a "fix" performed on December 13. I have to go back soon to get some other parts replaced. I'll check again and see if there is anything meaningful.

To me this will have to be sustained performance over a period of time, not just a few days here and there. This Searcing for GPS issue also just started. Had this happen on my wife's Tahoe on a trip over Christmas. Never seen this before recently.

So for now we'll continue to await the GM Fairy.

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20240117_160531_Gallery.jpg
    SmartSelect_20240117_160531_Gallery.jpg
    248.8 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
Good job! Maybe you should have read all the information I already posted before asking obvious questions. I actually went back and re-read yours to make sure I didn't miss something before I posted that response. Guess what? I didn't miss anything.

I hope your right, but you have to be able to post the information that will help. Otherwise it's just more arm waving. There's been a lot of people post about dealer "fixes". None have worked yet.
Here is the info from the radio. Updated January 11th. Have had no issues since this one pertaining to the this threads issue of radio cutting out. Top one is the update from January 11th. Hope this helps.

Attachments

• 1705582618538562351951740716357.jpg
    1705582618538562351951740716357.jpg
    304.9 KB · Views: 46

Still no excuse for being an asshole. But whatever you do you and keep hating life.

Still no excuse for being an asshole. But whatever you do you and keep hating life.
No useful information here again. Like I said before, I had that same update done December 13, even though you said that wasn't possible cause the GM fairy was only at your dealer.

You can make me out to be the bad guy as long as you want, but it doesn't get us anywhere.

I can confirm that after 5 weeks that update didn't fix anything on mine. It might be OK for a while, but it always goes to shit sooner or later. Mine is worse now than it was for the first 7 months I've owned it when I hardly had any issues.

Get that GM fairiy's number for me and I'll call him and get to the bottom of it.

Attachments

• 20240118_124516.jpg
    20240118_124516.jpg
    209.9 KB · Views: 23
  • 20240118_124958.jpg
    20240118_124958.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
So does your rig have this update? If so when was it done? Wondering how many already have this one. I'm guessing several.

Attachments

• 20240118_124958.jpg
    20240118_124958.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
Next week I'm going in to dealer to get some replacement parts installed for my Homelink and seat cover that finally came in. I asked my advisor if there was any news on updates for infotainment. Looks like there may be something available finally. Here is the response he gave me. Said he would try to get me a reference number.

Perhaps it's one of the ones listed in nufan's post, but I don't think it's the top one, cause I've had it done over a month ago.

I might have something to report by mid weekish.

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20240119_142630_Messages.jpg
    SmartSelect_20240119_142630_Messages.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 31

Most Member Reactions

Back