Infotainment Audio Cuts In & Out 23 ZR2

Wasn't there info that it was some sort of agreement that was supposedly over with at the end of 2023? Then Google would release license so it could be fixed? Still happening in my 2023 ZR2 6.2L. Only fix was ZR2 image when starting up earlier this year. Used to it by now. 2 brief blips within 2min of driving then done.

I can assure you that it’s not fixed and there is no “fix”…yet😉
I just got my truck back from the dealer for a "Service Axle Locker" issue. I mentioned that the audio cuts out and they said they'd look at it as well. Got my truck back, it was the locker switch in dash and they fixed the audio cut outs with an update. I can confirm that there is a fix. Also the 24' RST loaner they gave me had no issue with audio cutting out.
20240114_185927.jpg

Last edited:
I just got my truck back from the dealer for a "Service Axle Locker" issue. I mentioned that the audio cuts out and they said they'd look at it as well. Got my truck back, it was the locker switch in dash and they fixed the audio cut outs with an update. I can confirm that there is a fix. Also the 24' RST loaner they gave me had no issue with audio cutting out.View attachment 9544
do you have 22 or 23. ZRZ or Bison?
wanna get info for next dealer visit.

I just got my truck back from the dealer for a "Service Axle Locker" issue. I mentioned that the audio cuts out and they said they'd look at it as well. Got my truck back, it was the locker switch in dash and they fixed the audio cut outs with an update. I can confirm that there is a fix. Also the 24' RST loaner they gave me had no issue with audio cutting out.View attachment 9544
I will be taking mine in shortly to have this done. I will believe it when I hear it...still very skeptical.

Just dropped mine off for service and gave them the latest service order. We shall see but not holding my breath
Mine is going in Wednesday morning at 8. After all of the updates they've done...I'm not holding my breath either. If there was a real "fix", every dealer in the country would know about it and it would be plastered all over the forums.

Update. Picked up the truck from service and was told GM is aware of the audio issue and engineering is working on a resolution but no fix is available yet. I now have the ZR2 and animation screens so I’m batting .500.

Frankly, this has gone on way too long since the ‘22 model year and should have been fixed already using their OTA process (doesn’t work 100% of the time) assuming it’s software related. Or they‘re waiting people out because they don’t want to replace hardware components. Just seems like GM can’t get anything right with the electronics. Needs an internal shakeup. Wake up Mary!

To those taking your truck in to the dealer and not getting the audio problem fixed, find a different dealer. I've gone through 4 different service dept. working from closest to me out. I'm now driving 20 miles to get work done on my truck but I found a good service dept I trust. They did fix my audio cut out problem with an update as previously posted.

To those taking your truck in to the dealer and not getting the audio problem fixed, find a different dealer. I've gone through 4 different service dept. working from closest to me out. I'm now driving 20 miles to get work done on my truck but I found a good service dept I trust. They did fix my audio cut out problem with an update as previously posted.
I am sitting in the waiting room now…we’ll see as my dealer is great and has tried every available download in the past with no success. I gave them the two codes posted above and we’ll see what they say.

Last edited:
My 23's Infotainment system cuts in and out periodically, it's just a quick in/out but starting to get annoying. It actually rebooted on it's own one time. It impacts the phone, the radio, the sound of the blinkers, etc.

Anyone else have this issue? I'm going to take it in when I have time.

Thanks
Rick
Mine does the same. I read somewhere a guy said, "I did the 'hold the voice over button for 20 seconds to reset thing'. " I tried that with no result. Your result may be different.

When the dealer downloads the latest update and it does not work it’s probably not the dealer’s issue so taking it another dealer won’t help Genius. You should play the lottery if your system doesn’t have the issue.

When the dealer downloads the latest update and it does not work it’s probably not the dealer’s issue so taking it another dealer won’t help Genius. You should play the lottery if your system doesn’t have the issue.
I also am suspicious of people saying this is fixed.

I also am suspicious of people saying this is fixed.
I had the update done a week ago. GM had a rep here when they did the update on my truck for the audio issues. I can confirm since last week the issue is resolved in my truck. Since the install of the update GM has reached out to me for a status of the update and so far the issue has not returned.

I had the update done a week ago. GM had a rep here when they did the update on my truck for the audio issues. I can confirm since last week the issue is resolved in my truck. Since the install of the update GM has reached out to me for a status of the update and so far the issue has not returned.
My wife's Tahoe goes in this Friday for the same update.

I wouldn't call myself a genius but I like to think I have common sense. My truck is a 22 and it did have the audio cut out issue. I took it to several dealers and finally found one that would update the radio and it fixed the issue. I posted the service invoice to be helpful.

Most Member Reactions

Back