Engine Oil Hot

bxzr2

Reaction score
Was driving on the interstate today when all of a sudden I get a a engine oil hot warning on the dash. The exact warning was
“ Engine Oil Hot: Idle Engine”

A bit weird since I still have 35% on my oil life and never had this problem before. The engine also started to make a loud noise as if I’m pulling while just cruising.

I pulled over and turned off the car. It won’t start no matter what I do and oil temperature has come down but still won’t start.

No leaks on the bottom when I checked fearing a coolant leak.

Anyone had this happen and what was the cause. I fear that my lifters have failed which might have made the oil hot?

Currently waiting for Triple A to tow but this is kinda ridiculous to be happening on a truck with less 40 k miles and that costs 70k.
SMH….

Was driving on the interstate today when all of a sudden I get a a engine oil hot warning on the dash. The exact warning was

A bit weird since I still have 35% on my oil life and never had this problem before. The engine also started to make a loud noise as if I’m pulling while just cruising.

I pulled over and turned off the car. It won’t start no matter what I do and oil temperature has come down but still won’t start.

Anyone had this happen and what was the cause. I fear that my lifters have failed which might have made the oil hot?

Currently waiting for Triple A to tow but this is kinda ridiculous to be happening on a truck with less 40 k miles and that costs 70k.
SMH….
If you hit the Onstar button they can run a diagnostic over the air and send it to the dealer it's going to. I had this done when my HC crapped out on me in the middle of nowhere.

You could have main and rod bearings going bad. Small metal particles could have clogged oil cooler lines. Not saying that’s the case, just a thought of what could be wrong. My 22 had bearing failure at 14k would still start and run.

SMH….
She's cooked, smoked that main crank bearing or con rod bearing. Lots of threads on that issue if you do a quick search. Good luck with your motor replacement.

Last edited:
The babyMAX WEASEL Strikes again.
1000039914.gif

She's cooked, smoked that main crank bearing or con rod bearing. Lots of threads on that issue if you do a quick search. Good luck with your motor replacement.
Damn... I fearing that but it really sounds like shes cooked..
Happy that I still have warranty I guess.. hoping that they give me a loaner in the meantime.

Definitely trading in for a Raptor after this. Chevy has left a bad taste in my mouth..

Reactions: AXE
Sorry, that sucks man. Did you watch them load it on the rollback? Hopefully they didn't just drag it on.

Need a tow truck with a rollback bed and someone that knows how to use it. No dollies, skids or dragging required. This guy's got a few videos loading Silverados and talks about the neutral issue. He says it's the most common truck he tows. Cited the FPCM in this video and one other.

Most Member Reactions

Back