Toyota Admits New Tacoma Has Serious Transmission Issues

Toyota is a mess right now. Sad to see them going down so hard. I've bought 5 of them over the years. They have never been impressive in features or HP really. Their purchase process is absolutely terrible. So is their distributor deal. They add useless crap to vehicles and don't give you much choice on options. But, they always had that reliability thing going for them. Take that away, they really don't have anything going for them.

Toyota is a mess right now. Sad to see them going down so hard. I've bought 5 of them over the years. They have never been impressive in features or HP really. Their purchase process is absolutely terrible. So is their distributor deal. They add useless crap to vehicles and don't give you much choice on options. But, they always had that reliability thing going for them. Take that away, they really don't have anything going for them.
100% agree

We had a 2021 highlander. My wife wanted something else. Went to our dealer and drove a Camry. That 2.4 felt like a lawnmower engine. Didn't really care for it, but got a OTD price anyway. Same Toyota BS with all the distributor add ons. Oh you want this feature you have to get this other stuff, ect. Just shook my head and said no thanks. Then ofcourse had to tell the salesmanger the same thing.

We went home and my wife bought a Tesla on her phone in about 10 mins. Zero BS and only got exactly what she wanted. She actually forgot to add floormats, lol.

I have never been a Toyota fan. They are the most BORING vehicles I have ever driven and not a fan at all of their interiors.

That’s too bad, I thought they had the quality/ reliability thing going for them. And those older Tacomas seem like they racked up a bunch of miles.

We had a 2021 highlander. My wife wanted something else. Went to our dealer and drove a Camry. That 2.4 felt like a lawnmower engine. Didn't really care for it, but got a OTD price anyway. Same Toyota BS with all the distributor add ons. Oh you want this feature you have to get this other stuff, ect. Just shook my head and said no thanks. Then ofcourse had to tell the salesmanger the same thing.

We went home and my wife bought a Tesla on her phone in about 10 mins. Zero BS and only got exactly what she wanted. She actually forgot to add floormats, lol.
Well, the only issue in your example is the resale value. The Toyota is on a different league on that one. Have not had a Toyota since the late 80's and it was bulletproof which today that is not the case.

Well, the only issue in your example is the resale value. The Toyota is on a different league on that one. Have not had a Toyota since the late 80's and it was bulletproof which today that is not the case.
I've had the same experience Busa. I've had three Toyota's and never had to fix one of them. I really liked the prior Tundra with the 5.7 liter V8. The new one though, looks like it has plastic bumpers! Lots of new engines coming too!

Well you say that, but resale on our highlander wasn't great. Carmax actually offered us more then Toyota did. But resale is also because of their past reliability. They don't seem to be all that reliable right now.

I've bought 4 new Toyota's since 2008. Tundra, 4runner, rav4 and a Highlander. They were all pretty good except the Rav4. Transmission and the infotainment was terrible. Didn't even keep it 2 years. I considered a New Tundra before I bought my 22 ZR2. But I didn't like them. Dodged a bullet on that one I guess, lol.

Most Member Reactions

Back