Electronic software updates

Yes, I got that two weeks ago, been too busy at work.
Didn’t really care for the email notification , too easy to skip over for me.

I just had a big update about a month ago.
They said this is a new one and want a few hours to do it
Got this from Range,
We highly recommend removing it from the vehicle prior to going to the dealership. They’re also untraceable once removed.

I just had a big update about a month ago.
They said this is a new one and want a few hours to do it
Got this from Range,
We highly recommend removing it from the vehicle prior to going to the dealership. They’re also untraceable once removed.
I'm gonna take mine out and leave it on the dash.

Went in for a fuel filter and found out that this recall was open. Had it done. Did not drive it much except back home yesterday but there was no delay and the sat radio did not cut in and out at first. Going to drive it quite a bit today hope it continues.

I had the update with my 2022 a few weeks back. My audio still cuts out and yesterday the XM started restarting a number of times.

I had the update with my 2022 a few weeks back. My audio still cuts out and yesterday the XM started restarting a number of times.
Can you confirm the update number and info on your service order?

If nobody posts the number from service order, it doesn't help much. I think there are too many variations, hard to know which one your getting.

Last edited:
When I picked mine up the service department was closed. Had get my keys in sales. Never went back for the service order paper work. I checked I’m now at A12. This the recall I had done. GM N242435631 Serial data gateway and radio software uodate.

When I picked mine up the service department was closed. Had get my keys in sales. Never went back for the service order paper work. I checked I’m now at A12. This the recall I had done. GM N242435631 Serial data gateway and radio software uodate.
Thanks for that data.

Ironically mine are working fine now, but they change their mind every month.......lol

Last edited:
Never heard of having to go into a dealer for a software update. Seems ridiculous. My other vehicles update easily as long as they are within WIFI range, takes about 45 minutes.

Never heard of having to go into a dealer for a software update. Seems ridiculous. My other vehicles update easily as long as they are within WIFI range, takes about 45 minutes.
I agree, but a full blown OS update may be the reason why so the radio has the lowest chance of getting bricked.

Most Member Reactions

Back