Electronic software updates

lol, I hate to be the negative one. But I had the infotainment recall done a few weeks ago. I took mine in for the brake control recall and the infotainment one showed up when they checked my vin, So they did both at the same time. Mine worked perfect before, now it doesn't. I've been giving it some time hoping it would sort itself out, But I'm going to have to take mine back in. Spotify just randomly stops playing and will resume when I tap play. My left buttons on my steering wheel don't work most of the time. Volume buttons work fine but not the tracks or stations one. I've also just had various other glitches and hang ups. Sometimes maps takes a second to load. Voice to text is buggy now. Sometimes it works sometimes it hangs up.

If you aren't having any problems, I wouldn't rush to get it. I'm a bit annoyed, because I would have never took the truck in for the update unless I had a problem. But since I was there for something else it got done. I've got enough experience with computers to know better. Security updates is one thing, But for the rest, don't fix it if it isn't broke. Often the fix causes problems. There is a reason why most software has a update rollback option, lol.

Biggest issue I have with mine is the audio randomly cuts out. This is the only reason I am letting them update it since everyone seems to say it fixes it.

Biggest issue I have with mine is the audio randomly cuts out. This is the only reason I am letting them update it since everyone seems to say it fixes it.
Mine would sometimes cut out for a second or two when I would first start the truck. Almost like a CD skip or something. Usually with in the first min of starting the truck. But that wasn't a huge deal to me. Now my music will just stop and won't resume unless I hit play. This can happen at anytime. Could be first couple mins. Could be 20 mins later. It often happens serval times in single trip. Not to mention the other glitches. I would gladly trade back to the occasional skip at start up vs what I have now.

Last edited:
Went in for a fuel filter and found out that this recall was open. Had it done. Did not drive it much except back home yesterday but there was no delay and the sat radio did not cut in and out at first. Going to drive it quite a bit today hope it continues.
Drove mine today about 200 miles in areas where if I did not have the cell booster there would be no connectivity. Vehicle started and stopped at least 20 times. NO issues whatsoever.

Gotta admit, that's a first. These things are getting too complicated. Or are they just programming the Spyware? LOL
There are many updates that cannot be done OTA. This is not just GM. Hell; the OTA is a LOT cheaper for them to push the update to the vehicle however in some instances that is not possible. Much rather have it pushed OTA than take it in!!!

lol, I hate to be the negative one. But I had the infotainment recall done a few weeks ago. I took mine in for the brake control recall and the infotainment one showed up when they checked my vin, So they did both at the same time. Mine worked perfect before, now it doesn't. I've been giving it some time hoping it would sort itself out, But I'm going to have to take mine back in. Spotify just randomly stops playing and will resume when I tap play. My left buttons on my steering wheel don't work most of the time. Volume buttons work fine but not the tracks or stations one. I've also just had various other glitches and hang ups. Sometimes maps takes a second to load. Voice to text is buggy now. Sometimes it works sometimes it hangs up.

If you aren't having any problems, I wouldn't rush to get it. I'm a bit annoyed, because I would have never took the truck in for the update unless I had a problem. But since I was there for something else it got done. I've got enough experience with computers to know better. Security updates is one thing, But for the rest, don't fix it if it isn't broke. Often the fix causes problems. There is a reason why most software has a update rollback option, lol.
That's bullshit!

I plan to bring mine in for the brake controller recall when I get back down south. Ironically, my brake controller hasn't been throwing trailer codes on last two big trailers I've pulled.

My infotainment system in the 24 2500HD seems to work pretty well, so maybe I dont update it. Very random performance in the 22 1500, might work fine for a couple weeks, might have sketchy Sirius, GPS, camera performance the next. So far 23 Tahoe has hardly missed a beat, one time on a road trip the gps got out of whack!

Last edited:
That's bullshit!

I plan to bring mine in for the brake controller recall when I get back down south. Ironically, my brake controller hasn't been throwing trailer codes on last two big trailers I've pulled.

My infotainment system in the 24 2500HD seems to work pretty well, so maybe I dont update it. Very random performance in the 22 1500, might work fine for a couple weeks, might have sketchy Sirius, GPS, camera performance the next. So far 23 Tahoe has hardly missed a beat, one time on a road trip the gods got out of whack!

Haha, That might be the worst part. I took it in for the brake controller just because I got a letter about it from GM. My brake controller has never had a problem, But since my trailer has solar and I had recently added more. I thought better safe then sorry. So I took it in with zero issues, just to give myself problems I guess.

i have the inop button issue too. supposed udate cures this and more. we will see. i go in on monday.

Got an email from GM that says to bring my truck to the dealer for software updates. Anyone else get this? I thought they could do these over the airwaves now? 🤷
You need to go to the dealer. I had this done yesterday. So far, all the annoying issues with the infotainment system have been resolved.

Took mine in for it's first oil change, tire rotation, and maintenance. They did this update while it was there. I didn't have any issues before. Now when I'm on the phone it the audio crackles and pops every 45s to a minute. Very annoying. Doesn't do it for other audio though.

Seems like folks either love the update and have no more problems or it makes things worse lol.

Seems like folks either love the update and have no more problems or it makes things worse lol.
my update wasnt easy but finally installed. tech had some issues with download. good guy and determined to make it work.
20241014_141818.jpg
20241014_141802.jpg

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back