Average mileage Calculations

Looks pretty damn good for around town.

The slow speed average has nothing to do with how fast he drove at any given time. I'm guessing he hit speeds well into 50 to 60 mph range, which is probably over the posted range.

I drove Phoenix to Vegas again recently and ran a lot of it 70 to 80 mph. My average speed was 56 mph over 525 miles. I might have hit 100+ on a couple stretches. Any time you slow or stop the average drops right quick.

A few more miles added, but gentleman, anything is possible. Running 93, no highway. Next tank will be regular, I'll post the new trip #s.

Attachments

• 20230403_000046.jpg
    20230403_000046.jpg
    149.5 KB · Views: 64
If you are even remotely worried about gas mileage, you bought the wrong vehicle!
OPEC+ agrees and cut production -500k barrels over the weekend to stick it to Biden and Americans. Premium should be $6/gallon soon.

Top performers in my oil and gas portfolio were up big today. $COP +9.28%, EQNR +7%, MRO +9.89%.

Thanks Biden green energy policy and gas guzzlers across America!

I don't always give investment advice to strangers, but I'll offer you this. Buy oil and gas stocks when oil prices go negative in March 2020. You'll thank me by June of 2022 cause they'll be over $100 bbl again.

If you are even remotely worried about gas mileage, you bought the wrong vehicle!
That's not the intent of the post. I'm not "worried". I only seek to push the limits of what I can do. You should learn to stop trying to inform others on what they should do and just be. Be you. I'll do my own thing.

OPEC+ agrees and cut production -500k barrels over the weekend to stick it to Biden and Americans. Premium should be $6/gallon soon.

Top performers in my oil and gas portfolio were up big today. $COP +9.28%, EQNR +7%, MRO +9.89%.

Thanks Biden green energy policy and gas guzzlers across America!

I don't always give investment advice to strangers, but I'll offer you this. Buy oil and gas stocks when oil prices go negative in March 2020. You'll thank me by June of 2022 cause they'll be over $100 bbl again.
I dabble and always look for value buys. 2.5 years ago the Russians were holding oil bc it was 0 dollars a barrel. That was wild. It traded negative briefly.

Reactions: AXE
I think keeping some eye on mileage is a way to determine if your truck is performing well. It can be an indication of problems if it changes suddenly. Also indicative of changing environmental conditions, wind, wet pavement, road surface, etc. I'm always tracking mine.

Last edited:
I think keeping some eye on mileage is a way to determine if your truck is performing well. It can be an indication of problems if it changes suddenly. Also inductive of channing environmental conditions, wind, wet pavement, road surface, etc. I'm always tracking mine.
Diligence shows intelligence

I do monitor mine, to keep up on the trucks performance, but if you complain about the mileage, go buy a Prius!

I haven't heard one complaint about mileage in any of these mileage discussions. People are just posting their data and observations. In fact some are better than GMs advertised mileage.

I posted mine because of the increases I've seen after some miles are put on the truck, as well as differences under different driving conditions.

Maybe just let people have the discussions they want and ignore them if it bothers you up so much.

You guys did see the 14Mpg EPA combined estimate right? Lol.

The DiC starts from scratch every time. So if you crank the truck drive 2 miles on the gas it's going to show 7-8mpg. If you drive on the highway at 55 for 45 mins it might show 17-18mpg. If you average your mileage with how many gallons your putting in at the pump. You will probably be around 14 mpg...
I get a chuckle when I first start off and get to a red light and the mpg starts dropping in real time. Light turns green and it goes back up as I drive. This is in the dash side display only though.

I haven't heard one complaint about mileage in any of these mileage discussions. People are just posting their data and observations. In fact some are better than GMs advertised mileage.

I posted mine because of the increases I've seen after some miles are put on the truck, as well as differences under different driving conditions.

Maybe just let people have the discussions they want and ignore them if it bothers you up so much.
i like knowing i drive a guzzler.

i like knowing i drive a guzzler.
Yeah, I get that. I get some serious satisfaction accelerating extra hard when I'm next to Teslas and Leafs and the like. Generally, I try really hard to make sure I make every trip end up above 16 mpg. It's usually not hard, but I have very little highway and many, many stop signs and lights where I travel.

Most Member Reactions

Back