First Long tow Results in HDZR2

I'd say snowplow prep package if I had to guess. If you notice it increases the front axle rating also. That's why mine and his has a 6k front GAWR.

FWIW I love the multiflex tailgate lol. I use it daily!
Could be. I personally like the higher GCW as I will never be any where near where a snow plow will be needed!

As far as that tailgate, I'm sure it is good for some. I tow too much and have no desire to try to take steps to protect it. I also haul my golf cart to the beach a lot and can just imagine what it will look like after a while of being exposed to the sand and salt water. I just have no use for it.

Could be. I personally like the higher GCW as I will never be any where near where a snow plow will be needed!

As far as that tailgate, I'm sure it is good for some. I tow too much and have no desire to try to take steps to protect it. I also haul my golf cart to the beach a lot and can just imagine what it will look like after a while of being exposed to the sand and salt water. I just have no use for it.
Lol Me either as I'm in Alabama. I am north AL though, so we might see snow once a year for a day. I picked my truck up in OH though. I didn't mind the prep package because it included the larger alternator and higher axle rating. I also figured if I decided to add a winch bumper later on the HD bars might work better. With the truck stock though, it was just over sprung in the front.

I get it, It depends on how people use their trucks. I tow a lot, But I also have a bed rack and I use mine for work. So I'm in and out of the bed daily. The bed rack would be pretty useless with out the step with how tall these trucks are. My hitch is a B&W that clears the tailgate step np. When I connect a trailer, I just hold the top button for 8 seconds to lock out the upper tailgate. When I unhook, I reverse the lock out. Once you get use to it. It's not really any different then hooking up the chains or adding a pin to the coupler, ect. It's just part of the process of hooking up. I did have issues with my 22 ZR2 as they didn't have the lock out function when they first came out. They eventually fixed that with a OTA update.

Lol Me either as I'm in Alabama. I am north AL though, so we might see snow once a year for a day. I picked my truck up in OH though. I didn't mind the prep package because it included the larger alternator and higher axle rating. I also figured if I decided to add a winch bumper later on the HD bars might work better. With the truck stock though, it was just over sprung in the front.

I get it, It depends on how people use their trucks. I tow a lot, But I also have a bed rack and I use mine for work. So I'm in and out of the bed daily. The bed rack would be pretty useless with out the step with how tall these trucks are. My hitch is a B&W that clears the tailgate step np. When I connect a trailer, I just hold the top button for 8 seconds to lock out the upper tailgate. When I unhook, I reverse the lock out. Once you get use to it. It's not really any different then hooking up the chains or adding a pin to the coupler, ect. It's just part of the process of hooking up. I did have issues with my 22 ZR2 as they didn't have the lock out function when they first came out. They eventually fixed that with a OTA update.
I have a grand son that can climb in and out of the bed if need be lol..

I have been through many of the B&W hitches over the years as I’m a dealer. I prefer the smooth and quiet Gen Y hitches 👍👍😎

Attachments

• IMG_1507.jpeg
    IMG_1507.jpeg
    355.3 KB · Views: 21

I’d screw it up for sure. I can’t even remember to turn off the auto start or turn on the cooling seats.😂

I have a grand son that can climb in and out of the bed if need be lol..

I have been through many of the B&W hitches over the years as I’m a dealer. I prefer the smooth and quiet Gen Y hitches 👍👍😎
Those are nice! I like the fold away B&W just cause I just leave it in all the time. Mostly just for utility trailers, boat, ect. Much smaller boat though, lol. But I do have a weight distribution hitch I swap to for my Toy hauler. Actually just ordered a new WD a week or so ago. Went with a Weigh safe Heavyweight. I've never had any of their hitches before. But they are supposed to be pretty good. The built in scale made sense to me with something like a Toy hauler. Since the weight can vary a lot. I just pulled it mostly empty this morning, But, It's just as likely to have a 2k SxS in the garage plus camping supplies.

I wonder where the weight difference is? I have every other option???
I do have the Fifth Wheel Prep Package that could add some weight Potentially

I also have that. The only thing I dont have is snow plow prep and goofy tailgate lol
Yea I Have the Standard tailgate not a fan of the Multiflex either . The only other options I have is Sunroof, Hard Folding bed cover ordered with truck listed on Window sticker and technology package .

On the tailgate, I resisted hard mainly due to the stupid commercials and thinking it was a gimmick. But when I bought my 2021 AT4, there were very few trucks available, so I had to compromise somewhere - ended up with the Multipro (GMC name) and the tailgate speakers. I honestly wouldn’t go without that tailgate given the option now! I haul stuff in the bed more than I tow, so I did add the Curt hitch cover that keeps the upper part from opening if the hitch cover isn’t closed ‘cause I did ding my AT4 tailgate.

Yea I Have the Standard tailgate not a fan of the Multiflex either . The only other options I have is Sunroof, Hard Folding bed cover ordered with truck listed on Window sticker and technology package .
Multiflex tailgate > hole in roof by 10X.

I completed an 11,000 road trip across the US in my gas 2024 6.6l Silverado 2500hd towing my 27' , 6000lb travel trailer. It towed like a dream, kept to the set cruise control speed up hills and had no issues traversing the Rocky Mountain roads. Braking was good with the brake controller set to 5.5. I average 9mpg mostly the most I managed with the trailer detached was 24 on a quiet road just cruising along below 60 mph.
love the truck especially all the camera angles for parking etc. Only wish they could be used as a recordable dahs cam as well.

Attachments

• IMG_1398.jpg
    IMG_1398.jpg
    275.9 KB · Views: 10

Most Member Reactions

Back