First Long tow Results in HDZR2

That's interesting! I don't see a difference, but I wonder if the lift is causing the end user to crank it up more due to additional leverage from ride height increase. They probably figured out it wasn't specd right to handle the lift. Probably some broken ones and unhappy customers.

Would new keys help make them work?

Are they gonna give you your money back?
They told me about the bars not being compatible on a voice message. I have called a couple times and have not received a return call. I am in the process of trying to close my business as the Florida DOT is taking my facility/property under eminent domain so I have been pretty preoccupied! That is why I have not been posting on here. I kinda figured someone here would have found this out by now. I personally think it could be the spring rate not working as designed with the shocks because I see the factory torsion bars are a different spring rate compared to other 2500's. I found that info on a website a couple weeks ago and now I can't find it again. I know changing the bars was a PITA getting them out of the lower control bars!

They told me about the bars not being compatible on a voice message. I have called a couple times and have not received a return call. I am in the process of trying to close my business as the Florida DOT is taking my facility/property under eminent domain so I have been pretty preoccupied! That is why I have not been posting on here. I kinda figured someone here would have found this out by now. I personally think it could be the spring rate not working as designed with the shocks because I see the factory torsion bars are a different spring rate compared to other 2500's. I found that info on a website a couple weeks ago and now I can't find it again. I know changing the bars was a PITA getting them out of the lower control bars!
Did you get your brake controller/wiring sorted?

Hey ZR2 team, I am revisiting this thread because I have had my truck for a few weeks now and am wondering if the tire pressures are correct. Currently, I am running 60psi in the front and 55 in the rear. I am not towing anything but do have the snow plow prep package, which I won't be snow plowing anything either. To make the ride a little softer, could I do 55psi in the front and 50psi in the rear, or would that not be good for proper tire wear and/or optimal traction? Currently, the ride is slightly harsh (but still great for a 2500hd) and am wondering if I can improve slightly. Thanks for any help/advice you can provide.
I run 55 psi and get a nice quality ride. I've run down to 52 psi and it seemed about the same. Stock ZR2 without the plow kit says 55 PSI. I think plow kit calls for 60F/55R. Probably be fine running 60 psi, but with a heavier rig you'll start to notice it cornernering and at higher speeds.

I installed the Cognito bars because they were on Cognito's page for a 2024 ZR2. After I installed them and I kept having to add turns as I put more miles on the truck, I called Cognito and they said the bars are not compatible with 2024 ZR2! If you look on their site right now, the soft ride bars no longer show up when ZR2 is selected! I can't get a straight answer as to why. Cognito has gone down the crapper from when I bought my first suspension parts when they came on the scene!
Wow that sucks. Good to know. I haven't had any problems with mine. I've not had to adjust them since I put them on. But mine is just the gasser. Maybe they are OK with the lighter engine? I wonder why they aren't compatible with the ZR2s. Has to be something to do with the extra lift I guess. Weight of the other trims is about the same. Like Axe said. I wonder if different keys would work. Hard to believe a 1.5" ride height would matter. Plenty of people crank their torsion bars up that much on other trims to level them or fit larger tires.

When you installed yours did you put your truck back at stock ride height or did you try to raise it up a little?

Wow that sucks. Good to know. I haven't had any problems with mine. I've not had to adjust them since I put them on. But mine is just the gasser. Maybe they are OK with the lighter engine? I wonder why they aren't compatible with the ZR2s. Has to be something to do with the extra lift I guess. Weight of the other trims is about the same. Like Axe said. I wonder if different keys would work. Hard to believe a 1.5" ride height would matter. Plenty of people crank their torsion bars up that much on other trims to level them or fit larger tires.

When you installed yours did you put your truck back at stock ride height or did you try to raise it up a little?
I went back to and trying to keep it stock height. I tow a lot and I like the truck level when hooked up to the boat.

I am running 55 front & 50 rear. I’ll check wear at first rotation and adjust. I should do a chalk test, but havent gotten around to it.

Btw, these tires max at 65psi, not 80 like most E rated tires.

I went back to and trying to keep it stock height. I tow a lot and I like the truck level when hooked up to the boat.

Yeah, me too. I don't understand the whole leveling deal. Mine is sitting leveled or squatted some pretty often, lol. I was just wondering if cranking them up to much was the culprit. Glad you said something, I will keep a closer eye on mine. If I remember right, I think there is about a 700lb difference on curb weight between the 6.6 gas vs the diesel. My curb weight is 7,517 with sunroof and multiflex tailgate. You wouldn't happen to know curb weight on your Duramax would you?

Yeah, me too. I don't understand the whole leveling deal. Mine is sitting leveled or squatted some pretty often, lol. I was just wondering if cranking them up to much was the culprit. Glad you said something, I will keep a closer eye on mine. If I remember right, I think there is about a 700lb difference on curb weight between the 6.6 gas vs the diesel. My curb weight is 7,517 with sunroof and multiflex tailgate. You wouldn't happen to know curb weight on your Duramax would you?
IMG_1785.jpeg

The Bison package adds about 300 lbs. So I just say 9000 lbs for the diesel with the gear and tools and accessories installed.

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20240711_105136_Google.jpg
    SmartSelect_20240711_105136_Google.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 7
Wow, 8406 vs 7517. So it's more like 900lb difference. With that 900lb difference up front. That might be why they are working on mine, but not on yours. That's a pretty significant difference. Still odd they are compatible with a AT4 or high country Duramax, but not a ZR2.
Non Bison ZR2 8482 pounds my tag says . Mine does have the factory Power running boards maybe they add a few pounds

Attachments

• IMG_3249.jpeg
    IMG_3249.jpeg
    190.1 KB · Views: 10
Side note it is kind of interesting on the numbers looking at the different ones sise by side. My Gasser has the same axle ratings, more payload, but slightly less GVWR. 11350 vs my 10850, which is only 500lbs even though the curb weight difference is 900lbs apart. Max payload on mine is 3333 vs the around 2900 on the Diesels. Around 400lb difference in payload since the GVWR is 500lb higher on the diesel. I guess to help offset that 900lb weight difference.

The Diesel has higher conventional tow and tongue ratings, but lower available cargo capacity. While gooseneck ratings are the same with gas and diesel. Kind of funny the max gooseneck tongue weight is only about 130lb less than max cargo capacity on the Diesels.
20231220_224400.jpg

I have the snow plow prep package , also ordered the hard folding bed cover even though it was installed at the dealer maybe they included that weight .

I wonder where the weight difference is? I have every other option???

I'd say snowplow prep package if I had to guess. If you notice it increases the front axle rating also. That's why mine and his has a 6k front GAWR.

FWIW I love the multiflex tailgate lol. I use it daily!

Most Member Reactions

Back