What have you done to your Silverado ZR2 this week? 🛠️

I put in new front fender guards to protect from trail brush. Already had some paint damage from forest roads, I wish I had these before I started riding in back country.
Where would one go to purchase these?

Installed my custom Snorkle. Does not fit TrailBoss due to lack of locker buttons.

My truck is basically a submarine now.

1000032080.jpg

Installed Peak Summit kit, Method 305 17” wheels and 285/75/17 Toyo RT Trails. Little rub at the rear of the wheel well where the plastic corner guard is but it is minimal. Beefed it up just enough to sit even with my Cummins.

Attachments

• IMG_0941.jpeg
    IMG_0941.jpeg
    449 KB · Views: 139
  • IMG_0942.jpeg
    IMG_0942.jpeg
    445.9 KB · Views: 140
  • IMG_0943.jpeg
    IMG_0943.jpeg
    398.2 KB · Views: 138
Installed Peak Summit kit, Method 305 17” wheels and 285/75/17 Toyo RT Trails. Little rub at the rear of the wheel well where the plastic corner guard is but it is minimal. Beefed it up just enough to sit even with my Cummins.
What offset did you go with?

Thank you for the pictures, I’ve been thinking about going with that exact setup! I was hoping the 0 offset would minimize the trimming needed.

Are those tires E rated? Can you notice and difference in the ride?

Added the auxbeam 8 gang switch and a 4 banger morimoto combo ditch lights witb putco brackets

Attachments

• 20231228_120603.jpg
    20231228_120603.jpg
    355.9 KB · Views: 158
  • 20231228_175936.jpg
    20231228_175936.jpg
    224.8 KB · Views: 159
  • 20231228_120540.jpg
    20231228_120540.jpg
    233.2 KB · Views: 156
  • 20231228_120547.jpg
    20231228_120547.jpg
    231.4 KB · Views: 155
Thank you for the pictures, I’ve been thinking about going with that exact setup! I was hoping the 0 offset would minimize the trimming needed.

Are those tires E rated? Can you notice and difference in the ride?
Ya they are E rated. The ride is same as before from what I can tell. Haven’t driven it far yet. Helped widen the stance a good bit but I think a little fatter tire will be better. But if you go fatter then you’ll need to trim the back of the wheel well.

I was closing out my 2023 to do list! Decided to rid my tailgate of that ugly billboard size bowtie and the wierd wrap on the multiflex that comes with Bison package. Looks so much better without gawdy bits.

I also blacked out the bowtie in the grill a few weeks ago. Happy with that too.

Attachments

• 20231231_163235.jpg
    20231231_163235.jpg
    152.9 KB · Views: 128
  • 20231122_110207.jpg
    20231122_110207.jpg
    190.8 KB · Views: 128
Decided to show the rig some TLC today with a wash and a wax. After waxing the hood I noticed I now have the dreaded paint issue around the raised cowl not to mention the additional paint chips I discovered. Can Chevy put on a paint job that is any thinner? I probably shouldn’t say that because they will say hey y’all watch this.

Or they will say I never heard of the problem..or more or less sorry about your luck.
So mine is chipped around the cowling... ugh 😩 And it looks like it's going to be another battle 🤣

Decided to show the rig some TLC today with a wash and a wax. After waxing the hood I noticed I now have the dreaded paint issue around the raised cowl not to mention the additional paint chips I discovered. Can Chevy put on a paint job that is any thinner? I probably shouldn’t say that because they will say hey y’all watch this.
My 2022 looks like it's 15 years old and my 24 seems to be following suit and I've only did about 40 miles off road on it and 850 total miles. I take really good care of my stuff, but there isn't any helping this sorry ass paint. I gave up touching it up. I'm debating about Line-x on the rockers so I can quit bitching about it. It won't look as nice as paint, but it'll look better than rock chips.

All paint is very thin and hard now. No matter who the manufacturer is. For example, Porsche and MB are no better. I just put another coat of Wolfgang Paint Sealer on Sunday. Will wax it at the end of the month. You would be surprised how much the slick surface will help. Also put on the DuraFlap's to keep the sides from getting torn up. My SIL got his ZR2 45 days before me and it has 4 chips on the side! I helped hip put them on Friday when we were out hunting. I also have front smoked rock shield on the bottom of the hood and PPF on the front exposed paint covering half of the hood, fenders, and the painted trim piece above the bumper.

I have no rock chips yet knock on wood!

Been doing this a long time and hate beat up paint from rocks from the roads I have to drive on especially since the tires I have now are just a tiny bit wider than the factory wiener skins 35/12.50-18. Heading out to NM next week again. In just a few days over a month have 5k already.

All paint is very thin and hard now. No matter who the manufacturer is. For example, Porsche and MB are no better. I just put another coat of Wolfgang Paint Sealer on Sunday. Will wax it at the end of the month. You would be surprised how much the slick surface will help. Also put on the DuraFlap's to keep the sides from getting torn up. My SIL got his ZR2 45 days before me and it has 4 chips on the side! I helped hip put them on Friday when we were out hunting. I also have front smoked rock shield on the bottom of the hood and PPF on the front exposed paint covering half of the hood, fenders, and the painted trim piece above the bumper.

I have no rock chips yet knock on wood!

Been doing this a long time and hate beat up paint from rocks from the roads I have to drive on especially since the tires I have now are just a tiny bit wider than the factory wiener skins 35/12.50-18. Heading out to NM next week again. In just a few days over a month have 5k already.
I understand that all manufacturers are cutting corners to cut costs. I’m just disappointed as I’ve only had the truck 4 months and have at least a dozen chips. For the money we are paying you’d think we could at least get a decent paint job.

I understand that all manufacturers are cutting corners to cut costs. I’m just disappointed as I’ve only had the truck 4 months and have at least a dozen chips. For the money we are paying you’d think we could at least get a decent paint job.
Actually, mine is excellent. Hard to even find orange peel.

Most Member Reactions

Back