Terrible fuel mileage

Best 25 & 50 mile mpg yet. This was driving in to the office in downtown Houston from Katy (and back) yesterday. Its the in-town driving that kills mpg. Getting this big heavy beast moving, even taking it easy, drops to 3-4mpg instantaneous. Still averaging about 15mpg overall. Heading to our place in central TX Thursday, will see how it does. Gonna get the free first oil change , and have em check out my blinker issue. They are gonna look at me like I have 2 heads when I ask for the used oil filter back…
23.5. Wow!

Update on last 2 tanks…

Truck now has 2016 miles. Last 2 tanks were 15.4 & 16.2 mpg (in that order). Hoping that 16+ avg mpg value sticks around! If so, I’d be happy with that considering the size/weight of this beast.

Also, I am seeing a consistent 0.2-0.4 lower mpg value from the truck computer vs hand calculated.

Update on last 2 tanks…

Truck now has 2016 miles. Last 2 tanks were 15.4 & 16.2 mpg (in that order). Hoping that 16+ avg mpg value sticks around! If so, I’d be happy with that considering the size/weight of this beast.

Also, I am seeing a consistent 0.2-0.4 lower mpg value from the truck computer vs hand calculated.
Sounds like you are still a little lite on the vertical pedal. Let that baby eat.😂

Most Member Reactions

Back