Fuel mileage expectation on 2500 Duramax ZR2?

I'm with scubatech on this. I don't think you save or make any in under 5-6 years. There's a bigger market for diesel trucks that are 6-10 years old cause they still have a long life and people can afford them.

Nothing special about this truck and it'll depreciate like every one of them. My neighbor has a 2022 HD and he's been trying to work a deal on a ZR2 and he said the dealers didn't offer him what he thought he should get. It has the same motor and transmission without the new gadgets.

This right here. The holding value part on a diesel is years later. They depreciate when you drive them off the lot like anything else. No one is going to buy a used 2500 for the price of a new one.

My last duramax I purchased with 6500 miles on it and it was 5 months old. It was 11k cheaper than the same truck new off the lot, lol. On the flip side you can put 180k on one and not only will people still line up to buy it. You will still get a decent amount for it. Which is not the case with a gasser.

Looks like about $80k in January 2025.
Time will tell and if things continue to go insane, maybe a hell of a lot more my friend. If these are $5-$10K more new in 2 years, $90K may not be out of the question for a truck with under 12K miles on her. Certainly not buying it for an investment, but want to be sure I'll have a ton of equity in her.

Reactions: AXE
+

37s = $2500
Tonneau = $1200
Steps = $2500
Winch = $2000
Tint = $250
Ceramic = $500
Tool storage = $500
Gimmicky odds and ends = $250

I've never pissed away so much money on a losing proposition in my life........ but I know if I keep spending eventually I'll get back 50%.....LOL

I may not have another one........c'est la vie!

Most Member Reactions

Back