STEP REVERSE LIGHTS

Pod Holes

Reaction score
STEP LIGHTS, I have been working on a factory-looking way to mount a set of Baja Designs lights in the rear steps to use as scene lights and a way to turn them on without having to place the vehicle in reverse. I have created these pod light holders and a complete wiring harness that is 100% plug-and-play. The lights are activated with the cargo light switch. This all started because I felt the bumper was not a good option, with all the bracing and supports behind the bumper. The kit is now available at podholes.com
IMG_8952.jpeg
DJI_0074.jpeg
IMG_4884.jpeg
IMG_9260.jpeg

the step is 2 pieces I working on a video today on the removal and installation of the pod. It is screwed in from behind with stainless hardware.

Attachments

• IMG_8920.jpeg
    IMG_8920.jpeg
    209.3 KB · Views: 41
STEP LIGHTS, I have been working on a factory-looking way to mount a set of Baja Designs lights in the rear steps to use as scene lights and a way to turn them on without having to place the vehicle in reverse. I have created these pod light holders and a complete wiring harness that is 100% plug-and-play. The lights are activated with the cargo light switch. This all started because I felt the bumper was not a good option, with all the bracing and supports behind the bumper. The kit is now available at podholes.comView attachment 14396View attachment 14397View attachment 14398View attachment 14399
great idea if its true plug and play.

great sales tactic. $230 for what looks like the whole kit and then you read on that you also have to pay another $270 for the lights. Ohh and you need to bolt them in? That will be another $25 :LOL:

I thought so too but when you break down the cost it’s not as ridiculous.
-That’s basically retail price for the light: https://www.bajadesigns.com/products/s1-black-flush-mount-auxiliary-light-pod/ baja designs are expensive lights to start with.
-So if you provided your own lights the kit comes with a nice plug and play wiring harness with factory connectors and some quality molded brackets for $230, a little expensive but they do fit really nicely.
-And for the bolts: the lights come with those, the ones he sells are fancy and totally optional if you want to customize your look.

Last edited:
These are awesome and well worth the money. I spoke with Mike several times via phone and text. He is very responsive and open to suggestions. I got the HD Orange screw kit to match the orange lettering on my tail gate. I know my truck is a LTZ, I came here to do some research on a ZR2 3.0 and saw this kit and had to have it.

I have Lasfit LED reverse lights, that were a huge improvement over my stock ones. One picture is in reverse with without the Pod holes on. The next one is in reverse with the pod holes on. With tinted windows these are amazing!!!

Attachments

• Reverse w lasfit led.jpg
    Reverse w lasfit led.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 18
  • reverse w pod holes.jpg
    reverse w pod holes.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 17
  • Pod1.jpg
    Pod1.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 18
  • Pod2.jpg
    Pod2.jpg