Steering stabilizer

Understood. Question...even though I don't haul or tow, do you think this is a good thing to add to my truck? Will it help when just doing suburban and highway driving and will I notice a difference or would this be a waste of $200?
Basically , they help control bump steer. IFS systems don't exhibit much bump steer. Probably won't do much for you IMO. I've run them quite a lot on straight axle vehicles, especially Jeep's. They help a lot on those vehicles as you are stuck with a given castor. Unless you want to grind the welds off the "C"'s and turn them back 4 - 6 degrees. I'm sure other folks will have different opinion's.

Reactions: AXE
Basically , they help control bump steer. IFS systems don't exhibit much bump steer. Probably won't do much for you IMO. I've run them quite a lot on straight axle vehicles, especially Jeep's. They help a lot on those vehicles as you are stuck with a given castor. Unless you want to grind the welds off the "C"'s and turn them back 4 - 6 degrees. I'm sure other folks will have different opinion's.
Thanks Scuba. I have no issues spending $200 if it will actually do something noticeable. May just wait for Black Friday and see how cheap they get and if I feel like doing it. I appreciate your insight my friend!

Yeah, I've never seen a benefit unless you have really poor geometry, a huge lift and 40s, or failing parts.

Thanks Scuba. I have no issues spending $200 if it will actually do something noticeable. May just wait for Black Friday and see how cheap they get and if I feel like doing it. I appreciate your insight my friend!
I have been using the SS for many years. It is noticeable on the rough paved roads especially if you are running heavier tires and even slightly larger in the case of this truck like I do. On the rough caliche roads it reduces steering wheel vibration and helps with vehicle control, especially on rough terrain. One of the biggest things it offers for my driving is it helps keep steering components extend their lifespan which include alignments.

I have been using the SS for many years. It is noticeable on the rough paved roads especially if you are running heavier tires and even slightly larger in the case of this truck like I do. On the rough caliche roads it reduces steering wheel vibration and helps with vehicle control, especially on rough terrain. One of the biggest things it offers for my driving is it helps keep steering components extend their lifespan which include alignments.
Since I don’t go off road except for the beach and I only put about 15K on these trucks in 2 years, lifespan isn’t a concern. Think this mod is best to pass on and invest somewhere else. Thanks guys!

Since I don’t go off road except for the beach and I only put about 15K on these trucks in 2 years, lifespan isn’t a concern. Think this mod is best to pass on and invest somewhere else. Thanks guys!
SG, you can always have your friends at the dealership add in a couple degrees of positive castor if you want more straight line stability. It will also center quicker coming out of a turn. Pretty easy to do with an IFS front end. You likely don't need any of this though.

Most Member Reactions

Back