Steering stabilizer

I’ve read great things about Suspension Maxx, don’t have experience with their products. It was in the running but after reviewing the install procedure and not being a fan of Rancho, I went with Kryptonite. Base on my comfort level and online research.

Suspension Maxx uses a Rancho stabilizer as the instructions/you tube video indicate requires a crossmember bolt hole diameter to be drilled or reamed wider. But is less expensive.

Kryptonite uses a Bilstein stabilizer and as instructions indicate require no modification to crossmember. But is more expensive.

Can the stabilizers be swapped? Sure, maybe, didn’t look into it? Is the crossmember modification vey minor, yes.

Besides price, Kryptonite checked more boxes for me. Bilstein stabilizer, 100% bolt-on (no trimming) and have good experience with Kryptonite products.

I’ve read great things about Suspension Maxx, don’t have experience with their products. It was in the running but after reviewing the install procedure and not being a fan of Rancho, I went with Kryptonite. Base on my comfort level and online research.

Suspension Maxx uses a Rancho stabilizer as the instructions/you tube video indicate requires a crossmember bolt hole diameter to be drilled or reamed wider. But is less expensive.

Kryptonite uses a Bilstein stabilizer and as instructions indicate require no modification to crossmember. But is more expensive.

Can the stabilizers be swapped? Sure, maybe, didn’t look into it? Is the crossmember modification vey minor, yes.

Besides price, Kryptonite checked more boxes for me. Bilstein stabilizer, 100% bolt-on (no trimming) and have good experience with Kryptonite products.
I 100% agree with your assessment.

I should mention BDS said their kit would not fit due to the different lower control arm on the ZR2. Their install was different than Suspension Maxx and Kryptonite.
Again this is what I have concluded with my research.

Every time I read this forum it costs me money :ROFLMAO: Now to decide, do I want the Kryptonite steering stabilizer? Do I really need the Kryptonite? With my driving...all suburban and highway, will I really notice any difference? Decisions...decisions. $211 for everything delivered to my door.

Every time I read this forum it costs me money :ROFLMAO: Now to decide, do I want the Kryptonite steering stabilizer? Do I really need the Kryptonite? With my driving...all suburban and highway, will I really notice any difference? Decisions...decisions. $211 for everything delivered to my door.
Your gonna need one when them lugs back off at 80 mph! But the $200 savings paid for the stabilizer.

Your gonna need one when them lugs back off at 80 mph!
Enough with the lugs. Both GM and McGard say they are a perfect fit and that your analysis is incorrect. Again, after looking at the lugs I removed and seeing where they seat, I am not losing any surface area at all.

2024-09-13_19-19-28.jpg

Understood. I actually looked them both up and saw the Suspension Maxx was a Rancho 5000 and the Kryptonite was a Bilstein 5100. I would 100% opt to go with the Kryptonite and the cost difference is insignificant.
Can you guys post a link to the actual Kryptonite kit you’re referring? I may or may not have put an order in on a 25 HD zr2 and would like understand what I may or may not be in for as I think this would be mod #1

Bracket

Stabilizer

Can you guys post a link to the actual Kryptonite kit you’re referring? I may or may not have put an order in on a 25 HD zr2 and would like understand what I may or may not be in for as I think this would be mod #1
Why would it be without driving it a while. My steering is tighter than a tick. I guess we'll see if it loosens up.

My kit was bolt on, I did not drill anything. Everything just bolted on. Maybe because I didn't just get the stand alone stabilizer kit? Maybe it's different with the pitman and idler arm brace. I know the stabilizer kit was different if you had the braces or not. But nothing wrong with bilstein, I'd pick that brand over Rancho typically also.

My kit was bolt on, I did not drill anything. Everything just bolted on. Maybe because I didn't just get the stand alone stabilizer kit? Maybe it's different with the pitman and idler arm brace. I know the stabilizer kit was different if you had the braces or not. But nothing wrong with bilstein, I'd pick that brand over Rancho typically also.
That’s awesome it was bolt on with no drilling! I even watched their install video! Hah.

It’s odd, no matter how much research you do it doesn’t matter until the parts in your hand and installed on the truck or not that you really know. Which is why it’s important to take everyone’s experiences and research with a grain of salt and with out bias as it may not line up completely with your scenario or outcome.

BDS said theirs doesn’t fit but reading back in this thread I see someone used it successfully on their ‘24 HD ZR2. Maybe the Kryptonite one won’t fit, hahah. Who knows!

I should mention BDS said their kit would not fit due to the different lower control arm on the ZR2. Their install was different than Suspension Maxx and Kryptonite.
Again this is what I have concluded with my research.
I have one on my 2500 ZR2 and it has about 20k on it. Perfect and works like a charm!

Thanks Dave! Any insight as to how the NX2 differs from the Kryptonite? Simple bolt on with no drilling or modifications? It's about $30 cheaper than the Kryptonite and looks nice too.
Cannot help you there. At the time this was the only one that would work to my knowledge.

Cannot help you there. At the time this was the only one that would work to my knowledge.
Understood. Question...even though I don't haul or tow, do you think this is a good thing to add to my truck? Will it help when just doing suburban and highway driving and will I notice a difference or would this be a waste of $200?

Most Member Reactions

Back