Stealth & Edge Duramax Tuning Modules

securityguy

Reaction score
Anyone try this? If the reviews are real, it appears to be a promising device.

Found this one too!

https://www.edgeproducts.com/produc...zXwiYhdd4Koms1hWQwBxh5gcG35GvNoxoCWRYQAvD_BwE

Reactions: AXE
Anyone try this? If the reviews are real, it appears to be a promising device.

Found this one too!

https://www.edgeproducts.com/produc...zXwiYhdd4Koms1hWQwBxh5gcG35GvNoxoCWRYQAvD_BwE
I haven't been looking, but I'd rather have a full flash and tune from Duramax Tuner. I am hoping with Chevron Deference being eliminated by SCOTUS we can go back to less EPA made up rules and the tuners can get back to business.

That being said, I ran my previous truck at 535HP and 1000 +ft/lbs of torque and it made that truck feel a lot lighter, so the Level 5 would make it noticeable. $500 isn't horrible in today's money. I think I paid about $750 for my Duramax Tuner a.decade ago.

I think you should give it a go.

Last edited:
Doesn’t look like Kory’s got 24’s up yet but this would be the route I would go, assuming emissions compliance…but my mindset on ROI would be 80-100k miles of everything from pulling near or at max heavy, general unloaded use, road trips, general farm use, etc.

Last edited:
I won't spend $1900 on Duramax Tuner, but I would spend $600. I don't keep these trucks long enough to get anything out of it. My concern about the Edge EZ (and the Stealth) is that when it goes into the shop, it will all have to be removed and then reinstalled once you get r home. Not a huge deal, but still a PITA.

I won't spend $1900 on Duramax Tuner, but I would spend $600. I don't keep these trucks long enough to get anything out of it. My concern about the Edge EZ (and the Stealth) is that when it goes into the shop, it will all have to be removed and then reinstalled once you get r home. Not a huge deal, but still a PITA.
Completely understand, PPEI would be even more. HD is a different ball game tuning wise. You should look at Banks as well.

I always left my truck with tune installed and the dealer never mentioned it. Never really had any power train issues anyway, but had a DEF sensor and 9th injector replaced under warranty. I don't sweat much.

I always left my truck with tune installed and the dealer never mentioned it. Never really had any power train issues anyway, but had a DEF sensor and 9th injector replaced under warranty. I don't sweat much.
What exactly did you leave installed? The new ECM or an add-on device with 4-5 wiring harnesses connected to a brain that is clear view of the tech like the Edge and/or Stealth?

What exactly did you leave installed? The new ECM or an add-on device with 4-5 wiring harnesses connected to a brain that is clear view of the tech like the Edge and/or Stealth?
Axe is old school in the HD diesel game…we remember the good ol days when tuners just flashed the ECM and then you disconnected the handheld…there was no “device connected” or ECM swapped or anything. The latest GM architecture cracked down on the tuning freedoms.

I mentioned the banks option only because it fits well in your price range and provides easy pairing with an idash unit. They aren’t as “clunky” as some of the others mentioned as well.

Axe is old school in the HD diesel game…we remember the good ol days when tuners just flashed the ECM and then you disconnected the handheld…there was no “device connected” or ECM swapped or anything. The latest GM architecture cracked down on the tuning freedoms.

I mentioned the banks option only because it fits well in your price range and provides easy pairing with an idash unit. They aren’t as “clunky” as some of the others mentioned as well.
I used to use Hypertech, Superchips and Diablo tuners back in the day so I get it. Actually used one on my pre 2010 Denali trucks. The first place I looked was Banks because I trust them. However, they have nothing yet for a 2024. Looking at their air box replacement too if it's not crazy expensive. These EDGE and Stealth tuners look nice and I'm sure they do a nice job. My concern is having to remove it when I take it in for service which I don't care for.

Axe is old school in the HD diesel game…we remember the good ol days when tuners just flashed the ECM and then you disconnected the handheld…there was no “device connected” or ECM swapped or anything. The latest GM architecture cracked down on the tuning freedom.
Here’s some more old school tuning! Installed a bunch of these on mechanical fuel pumps (Dodge Cummins 12v’s). Edge was new to the game when I had my ‘99 Dodge Cummins 24v (215hp stock and 450ish hp after injectors, turbo, Edge & EZ Edge, tuned transmission valve body and new torque converter, ….

IMG_1470.jpeg

Good old days? Maybe, maybe not… trucks these days coming with similar power/performance as the highly modded trucks from back then! But we didnt have the dang emissions crap back then!

I used to use Hypertech, Superchips and Diablo tuners back in the day so I get it. Actually used one on my pre 2010 Denali trucks. The first place I looked was Banks because I trust them. However, they have nothing yet for a 2024. Looking at their air box replacement too if it's not crazy expensive. These EDGE and Stealth tuners look nice and I'm sure they do a nice job. My concern is having to remove it when I take it in for service which I don't care for.
Did I read this correct? @securityguy is considering changing the air box? He’s obviously been hacked 😂

Every mod I've every done on every vehicle and motorcycle I've owned had been left in place when they are serviced. I've never thought twice about it and never been denied warranty. Everyone says lifts void warranty, I lifted them anyway and had cracked ball joint boots fixed.

GM warrantied a water pump for me well past the 5 year mark as I still was just under 100k miles. Dealer saved me about $450 on labor.

I guess it's up to dealer and GM, but I don't give a shit, I'm running mine the way I want.

You're driving a rig with one of the most reliable motor, transmission, and chassis packages around. You have very little to worry about.

Last edited:

Most Member Reactions

Back