Stealth & Edge Duramax Tuning Modules

Ag diesel solutions makes a decent tuner as well. It’s plug and play. A few buddies have used their products on tractors and trucks with no issues. They don’t get the huge gains as some other products advertise, but sometimes a little less is safer and still enough.

Ag diesel solutions makes a decent tuner as well. It’s plug and play. A few buddies have used their products on tractors and trucks with no issues. They don’t get the huge gains as some other products advertise, but sometimes a little less is safer and still enough.
Nothing for a 2024 yet and the gains are minimal on the 2023 compared to their competitors.

Sorry guys. Don't mean to bring up old posts but. . .
Why do Diesel guys skip leg days?

1000039560.jpg
1000039562.jpg

@NullNomad

The guy I talked with last week said he runs this on his Dmax and his buddy has a 24 tuned and deleted using this software. Said he's getting 600 HP. I think his gear came out of Canada. These guys live 40 miles south of Canadian border in ND. Lots of people delete and tune in those northern states cause there's no gestapo checking for emissions equipment.

Here’s for a ‘24. Not bad gains for the money and not all dyno charts are the same. Numbers can be manipulated with a low baseline pull.

The guy I talked with last week said he runs this on his Dmax and his buddy has a 24 tuned and deleted using this software. Said he's getting 600 HP. I think his gear came out of Canada. These guys live 40 miles south of Canadian border in ND. Lots of people delete and tune in those northern states cause there's no gestapo checking for emissions equipment.

Not sure this will do much of anything really.

That looks pretty simple and an easy HP upgrade for $500. Would be easy to remove for dealer service work.

I never believe in fuel mileage gains, cause I've never tuned anything that didn't burn more fuel to achieve the gains. Now if you delete the emissions system you could easily pick up 4+ mpg

Have you seen any dyno tests?

Not sure this will do much of anything really.
It won't unless you set the maps and load them. If you want max performance you starting deleting and adding gear and write a different tune. That's why you pay a diesel shop for their packages, cause they did all the work. Nothing is free!

If you want the Ken and Barbie diesel tune, you already found it with Banks and Edge.

I have not, but I think if you call/email them they will send charts to you. I know it’s not as impressive as a tune and delete, but I don’t think anyone wants to void the warranty. Tune and delete is very impressive, but pricey. Even more impressive in a semi. Guys are getting 100-150 more horsepower and 2-3 mpg better. Totally changes the truck.

I have not, but I think if you call/email them they will send charts to you. I know it’s not as impressive as a tune and delete, but I don’t think anyone wants to void the warranty. Tune and delete is very impressive, but pricey. Even more impressive in a semi. Guys are getting 100-150 more horsepower and 2-3 mpg better. Totally changes the truck.
+70 hp is a 15% gain, that would be noticeable and for $500 relatively cheap.

I know the guys that have the “tuner module” on the duramax and powerstrokes are happy with them for the performance gains, ease of installation and cost. Most of them are diehard diesel guys and will tune and delete once warranty is over. This kit is a warranty compromise for them if that makes sense. 15% is a decent gain for the flip of a switch. Just my $.02.

Reactions: AXE
I don't think we're gonna see any full tunes for a little while yet. HP Tuners doesn't list a hack for the 24 ECM (Global B) just yet. I seen a couple posts on Reddit that said it had been hacked and is imminent. I think once that happens, then more Tuners will offer full programming that won't break the bank. Probably still be upwards of $1500-2000 for tunes with compatible transmission control module tuning.

So if your looking for a little boost in power, that Banks, Edge, or AG system might be the best option and lowest cost.

Check this out too...not bad increases for $540. 2024 L5P Duramax Diesel offer peak gains of +63hp/140tq on Level 5

After watching some videos and seeing a few reviews, the Edge system may be the best as it is monitors and adjusting more parameters to ensure that the tuning doesn't just affect fuel rail pressure, which alone could cause more frequent regens and emissions issues due to unburned fuel. They discuss this in their install video.

After watching some videos and seeing a few reviews, the Edge system may be the best as it is monitors and adjusting more parameters to ensure that the tuning doesn't just affect fuel rail pressure, which alone could cause more frequent regens and emissions issues due to unburned fuel. They discuss this in their install video.

Yep...saw that a while back and thought the exact same think. Everyone else (Stealth and AGF) are just tying into fuel rail pressure and MAP or MAF and that's it.

Reactions: AXE
I checked with PPEI and here is the email response I got from them. Haven't heard back from Duramax Tuner, but those are the ones I woukd prefer for emissions intact tuning.

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20240827_074235_Gmail.jpg
    SmartSelect_20240827_074235_Gmail.jpg
    158.4 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Pretty much the same answer from Duramax Tuner. There was a post on Reddit that said HP TUNERS had hacked it, but maybe it ain't ready for prime time.

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20240827_105228_Gmail.jpg
    SmartSelect_20240827_105228_Gmail.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Pretty much the same answer from Duramax Tuner. They're was a post on Reddit that said HP TUNERS had hacked it, but maybe it ain't ready for prime time.
Exactly what they sent me too.

Most Member Reactions

Back