Stealth & Edge Duramax Tuning Modules

Axe is old school in the HD diesel game…we remember the good ol days when tuners just flashed the ECM and then you disconnected the handheld…there was no “device connected” or ECM swapped or anything. The latest GM architecture cracked down on the tuning freedoms.

I mentioned the banks option only because it fits well in your price range and provides easy pairing with an idash unit. They aren’t as “clunky” as some of the others mentioned as well.
Mine had shift on the fly, that requires wiring into ECM. Hell, every tuner I've had sat right in the center console. I told the service advisor if it mattered I would put the stock tune back on. He said "it's no concern".

Last edited:
I won't spend $1900 on Duramax Tuner, but I would spend $600. I don't keep these trucks long enough to get anything out of it. My concern about the Edge EZ (and the Stealth) is that when it goes into the shop, it will all have to be removed and then reinstalled once you get r home. Not a huge deal, but still a PITA.
Also, I'm gonna call bullshit here cause you spent $1800 on a Corsa exhaust and sold the 1500 three months later.

I was looking for the answer from a reputable source 😂
Check this link out and watch the first video:

Reactions: AXE
Here’s some more old school tuning! Installed a bunch of these on mechanical fuel pumps (Dodge Cummins 12v’s). Edge was new to the game when I had my ‘99 Dodge Cummins 24v (215hp stock and 450ish hp after injectors, turbo, Edge & EZ Edge, tuned transmission valve body and new torque converter, ….

View attachment 15577
Good old days? Maybe, maybe not… trucks these days coming with similar power/performance as the highly modded trucks from back then! But we didnt have the dang emissions crap back then!
Yep, my last Duramax ran an 80 HP tune most of it's life. It barely had more HP than the 24, buy I think this 24 could beat it.....the HP and torque comes on very differently with a 10 speed tranny. It's deceivingly fast.

Also, I'm gonna call bullshit here cause you spent $1800 on a Corsa exhaust and sold the 1500 three months later.
The exhaust is a different animal and I did it for sound and zero drone. I will not buy a tune for $1900 when I can do an EDGE EZ for under $600 and be just as happy.

Did I read this correct? @securityguy is considering changing the air box? He’s obviously been hacked 😂
On the previous Duramax rigs the stock air box, air filter, and intake flowed and filtered more air than aftermarket ones. I don't know if it's true on this motor, but it was through the LML. This current air box seems smallish.

Last edited:
The exhaust is a different animal and I did it for sound and zero drone. I will not buy a tune for $1900 when I can do an EDGE EZ for under $600 and be just as happy.
You thought you were happy with a 1500 and I talked you into a 2500 so you could get that itch sctratched. Now I'm gonna talk you into a $2k tuner becuase it takes a lot more HP to move an 8500 lb truck than a 5500lb truck. If you don't get the most HP, I'm gonna make sure you know it. So on Monday I want you on the phone to Calibrated Power getting the eta on the Duramax Tuner.

I'm not sure he knows this, but on many of the previous Duramax rigs the stock air box, air filter, and intake flowed and filtered more air than aftermarket ones. I don't know if it's true on this motor, but it was through the LML. This current air box seems smallish.
Look at the Banks link I posted above and watch the video.

You thought you were happy with a 1500 and I talked you into a 2500 so you could get that itch sctratched. Now I'm gonna talk you into a $2k tuner becuase it takes a lot more HP to move an 8500 lb truck than a 5500lb truck. If you don't get the most HP, I'm gonna make sure you know it. So on Monday I want you on the phone to Calibrated Power getting the eta on the Duramax Tuner.
Check this out too...not bad increases for $540. 2024 L5P Duramax Diesel offer peak gains of +63hp/140tq on Level 5

Look at the Banks link I posted above and watch the video.
It's $500 and a $600 tuner.......I knew I'd talk you into $1800 soon enough. I thought it would take a few weeks, but it only took a few posts.

Pretty soon your gonna add methanol injection, a Suncoast torque converter, a new turbo, stronger head bolts, and a bigger lift pump. I'll promise to be here to support you.

It's $500 and a $600 tuner.......I knew I'd talk you into $1800 soon enough. I thought it would take a few weeks, but it only took a few posts.

Pretty soon your gonna add methanol injection, a Suncoast torque converter, stronger head bolts, and a bigger lift pump. I'll promise to be here to support you.
Thanks Dad!

Check this out too...not bad increases for $540. 2024 L5P Duramax Diesel offer peak gains of +63hp/140tq on Level 5

If you got an additional 63/140 it would be noticeable, especially if it cleans up turbo and pedal lag.

I would like it better if it was 75-100 HP and selectable, but not sure how much this motor and tranny will take reliably. You get over 500 HP and start driving hard, you'll shorten the life of some shit.

Oh, also get some heavier tied rods so you don't taco the stockers doing boosted 4x4 launches........no guts, no glory!

Last edited:
Check this link out and watch the first video:

There's no mention of HP and torque gains. So it's hard to say what it so means.

It looks like a nice system, but I don't care for intake noise or turbo noise. That's one of the reasons I liked Duramax Tuner as they had really good tunes that work well with stock gear. You also got 5 different tunes for different driving scenarios.

Mine had shift on the fly, that requires wiring into ECM. Hell, every tuner I've had sat right in the center console. I told the service advisor if it mattered I would put the stock tune back on. He said "it's no concern".
Very true for EFI live w/ SOTF but flashing tunes w/ a switch is different than having a a device mounted, intercepting, and making dynamic changes, that was really my point there.

The old bully dog and edge tuners had displays with dash mounts for sure and lots of dealers ignored them…hell, my local dealers was selling and installing a couple tuners for a while. I contend fewer dealers ignore it these days. I do agree with you, overall performance, they are very impressive…imagine without emissions on these new L5Ps and 10 speeds.

I also agree, securityguy will begin the downward spiral, he was saying an HD diesel was out, overkill, etc and bam…hook line and sinker…😅

I also agree, securityguy will begin the downward spiral, he was saying an HD diesel was out, overkill, etc and bam…hook line and sinker…😅
If I wasn't able to buy it at triple net pricing, I wouldn't have done it. Everyone also convinced me that, based on the time/miles I keep these things, the diesel will be worth far more than a gasser as resale on the DMAX is far greater and they retain their value much better. Based on what I paid, I am hoping that in 2-years, and less than 15K miles on the ODO, I may break even ;)

Last edited:
If I wasn't able to buy it a triple net pricing, I wouldn't have done it. Everyone also convinced me that, based on the time/miles I keep these things, the diesel will be worth far more than a gasser as resale on the DMAX is far greater and they retain their value much better. Based on what I paid, I am hoping that in 2-years, and less than 15K miles on the ODO, I may break even ;)
It's worth it, cause you have one and sctratched that itch. Can't put a value on that, which is why you need a 100 HP tune.

It's worth it, cause you have one and sctratched that itch. Can't put a value on that, which is why you need a 100 HP tune.
Someone needs to make that tune first before I can even consider it :) Anyone crack the code yet? Loving my new toy, but trying not to go crazy with this one and minimize my investment in toys for her. If Banks had the Derringer, I would just do that and tie it into my iDash and call it a day. All in time.

Someone needs to make that tune first before I can even consider it :) Anyone crack the code yet? Loving my new toy, but trying not to go crazy with this one and minimize my investment in toys for her. If Banks had the Derringer, I would just do that and tie it into my iDash and call it a day. All in time.
You can order anything from Canada! They don't have emissions laws.

Most Member Reactions

Back