Stealth & Edge Duramax Tuning Modules

I have not, but I think if you call/email them they will send charts to you. I know it’s not as impressive as a tune and delete, but I don’t think anyone wants to void the warranty. Tune and delete is very impressive, but pricey. Even more impressive in a semi. Guys are getting 100-150 more horsepower and 2-3 mpg better. Totally changes the truck.
Just spoke to AG and the owner and designer of this module is going to call me back. More to come! I have to rule out the EDGE EZ L5P module because you HAVE to use their throttle enhancer or it won't work at all based on my convo with their tech support team. I have what I like and not interested in replacing it with something else. BIG miss on Edge's part to make you have to use that versus giving you the option.

Just spoke to AG and the owner and designer of this module is going to call me back. More to come! I have to rule out the EDGE EZ L5P module because you HAVE to use their throttle enhancer or it won't work at all based on my convo with their tech support team. I have what I like and not interested in replacing it with something else. BIG miss on Edge's part to make you have to use that versus giving you the option.
Yeah all those are just work around gimmicks.

I'll wait for a real tune and trust PPEI or Duramax Tuner the most. This truck has a lot of power at 475 HP, so it isn't lacking much anyway. I'd like to see a clean all around tune at about 75 HP that you can tow with. You need to retain the internal protections of stock computer through better programming. If not, you at least need a boost guage and EGT to make sure your not running too hot.

Yeah all those are just work around gimmicks.

I'll wait for a real tune and trust PPEI or Duramax Tuner the most. This truck has a lot of power at 475 HP, so it isn't lacking much anyway. I'd like to see a clean all around tune at about 75 HP that you can tow with. You need to retain the internal protections of stock computer through better programming. If not, you at least need a boost guage and EGT to make sure your not running too hot.
I don't know I would call them gimmicks, but I agree that if you want the full potential of what the ECU can do, it will require a new mapping table uploaded into the ECM with the ability to also modify the TCM. For 1/4 the cost, to get an additional 90hp and 150 lb-ft or torque, it's not a poor investment at all as long as it doesn't constantly want to regen which is what I am looking into now. By having my iDash, I am already monitoring boost and EGT on my main page song with regen status and DPF stats.

Reactions: AXE
I don't know I would call them gimmicks, but I agree that if you want the full potential of what the ECU can do, it will require a new mapping table uploaded into the ECM with the ability to also modify the TCM. For 1/4 the cost, to get an additional 90hp and 150 lb-ft or torque, it's not a poor investment at all as long as it doesn't constantly want to regen which is what I am looking into now. By having my iDash, I am already monitoring boost and EGT on my main page song with regen status and DPF stats.
I haven't been able to find any dyno tests or any data on any of those three. I find that a bit concerning.

I also want the transmission tuning to work in lock step with new power. The Allison should "learn", but it's only gonna adjust so much without programming.

$15k motor, $7k transmission.......l'll wait until the homework is finished.

Good luck!

Last edited:
Here's a pretty good video on unlocking and tuning the L5P <23 with HP Tuner

I haven't been able to find any dyno tests or any data on any of those three. I find that a bit concerning.

I also want the transmission tuning to work in lock step with new power. The Allison should "learn", but it's only gonna adjust so much without programming.

$15k motor, $7k transmission.......l'll wait until the homework is finished.

Good luck!
Couldn’t agree more….

Reactions: AXE
I would assume that you wouldn't want to do this until the truck is out of warranty...yes/no?
I haven't waited for warranty on anything, but this is a different animal. I woukd at least like to see the testing. Duramax Tuner usually puts out a lot of data and videos. I generally trust them. You smoke that ECU, it's like $3500, plus new programming.

You'll never have fun then, cause you said you'll only keep it two years.

I'm hosting a TED talk at 3 PM called "How to just say fuck it and enjoy life"!
This is why I will do an AG module or a Stealth. I can't do the Edge EZ since you have to use their Throttle enhancer and I don't want to use theirs. This way I'll have no warranty issues and I can resell it or put it in the next truck if compatible.

This is why I will do an AG module or a Stealth. I can't do the Edge EZ since you have to use their Throttle enhancer and I don't want to use theirs. This way I'll have no warranty issues and I can resell it or put it in the next truck if compatible.
I can get 60 HP from putting my leg out the door and pushing.

The AG does 90hp. Let me see you Dyno that with your leg ;)
I'd just like to see some dyno results on that claim. Did they send you some? I thought that guy was gonna call you. Was it just lip service or something you can see? Post it up.

I'd just like to see some dyno results on that claim. Did they send you some? I thought that guy was gonna call you. Was it just lip service or something you can see? Post it up.
He called me this morning and I missed him. I called him back and haven’t received a return call. Going to ask him for dyno results along with a few additional questions. Once we connect, I’ll share his thoughts and anything he’s willing to send me.

Just heard back from Banks Power. They stated that the Derringer should be available by the end of the year. He commented that the current prototypes are producing a significant increase in power and that Gale is very happy with the current results. I'll hold off on buying anything and see if they have their module available for Black Friday or Christmas. You know darn well Banks will produce a full dyno showing exactly what you should expect.

I would trust Banks and will be interested in what they come up with. I'm not married to one brand, but it would be good if it has the ability to switch to different tunes for performance, light tow, heavy tow.

Last edited:

Most Member Reactions

Back