South Texas checking in

NullNomad

Reaction score
Hello all, recent convert from my JL Rubicon to my new love, a ZR2 Babymax 3.0. First GM product of my long life and so far loving every second of it. Looking to learn from the masses and can’t wait for some wrench time working on the rig.

***EDIT***
Finally getting around to adding a picture since @22-ZR2 called me out for it :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Snapseed.jpeg

Last edited:
Welcome from North Texas
Color? Options?
White and nothing too fancy outside of the normal sunroof, bed cam, rails.. stuff like that. The 1500 ZR2 is so capable “out of the box”, there wasn’t much i would want the dealer to do. Now it’s my turn for the cosmetics and creature comforts i would want to add. Taking it all in with all the toys that are out there for it.

Last edited:
Was it the death wobble that brought you to the dark side? Jk

Welcome
It’s funny cause i know for a FACT I’m going to catch cht from my Jeeper fam, but i never had the leaks, death wobble, or major “jeep things” type issues. Came down to me not being able to do anything over 70ish speeds without wearing hearing protection or feeling like i was shaking up going through a worm hole. 🤣

Now i just have to figure out what to do with all these friggin ducks i have…

Last edited:
Welcome! What parts of south Tx? I am in the Corpus Christi area. I am starting to see more ZR2’s around in the recent months. I thought for a second I had something rare but that didn’t last long 🤣
I’m little north of you towards Seguin and yea they‘re still a little rare around these parts. Although going white, i do blend in with all the work trucks that the oil guys are running. I’m sure it wont be long before i mod mine and stick out a little more, hopefully thats not a bad thing lol

Welcome, what happen to the picture for verification or am I missing something.
Oh i plan on taking and posting plenty of pictures. it is funny though, car/truck/jeep communities are a special breed. We all have “the same thing”, but we LOVE to see pictures so we can zoom in on the little things to see what people do to make them different.

Welcome from Houston Texas! We need to start a Texas area in the forum so we can talk about good "local" places to do some wheeling. Maybe even do a Texas ZR2 meetup or something!
I’m all for that, but i would be terrified to hit Hidden Falls in my ZR2 vs my JLUR. 🤣 the wheel base being so much longer would make some of those climbs and drops pretty entertaining lol

I’m all for that, but i would be terrified to hit Hidden Falls in my ZR2 vs my JLUR. 🤣 the wheel base being so much longer would make some of those climbs and drops pretty entertaining lol
I did pretty good at hidden falls in my longbed Tacoma (140.6" wheelbase). The ZR2's wheelbase is 147". I think anything 3 stars and below would not be to worry some. 4+ stars might be a bit more tricky.

I have been wanting to do a big bend trip. Or maybe go check out Arkansas.

I did pretty good at hidden falls in my longbed Tacoma (140.6" wheelbase). The ZR2's wheelbase is 147". I think anything 3 stars and below would not be to worry some. 4+ stars might be a bit more tricky.

I have been wanting to do a big bend trip. Or maybe go check out Arkansas.
Big Bend is on my list for sure in the new rig. I need to install comms first, plus my “ooooOOOooo i can do that on the truck” parts list is growing faster than my wallet can handle lol

I might need you to share that list with me cause I can't think of much more to do ony truck besides small aesthetic things.

I have never done a big bend trip but it's been on my list for awhile. Just need to make it happen now i guess.

I might need you to share that list with me cause I can't think of much more to do ony truck besides small aesthetic things.
Be careful, asking stuff like that can be painful. Just like my Jeep, i feel as though the love affair between my new ZR2 and my wallet will end up with me in the corner in a ball… crying lol

I’m still in the overwhelming phase of the after market options. So far i know I’m going to get a GRMS set up going, love the look of some of the old school sport/roll bars and lights, tonneau cover (will have to research which will actually work with the bar), sub upgrade for the audio (love Bose, but they’ve always been flat to my ears in vehicles), recovery gear/setup, and need to get my old military badging represented again.

Be careful, asking stuff like that can be painful. Just like my Jeep, i feel as though the love affair between my new ZR2 and my wallet will end up with me in the corner in a ball… crying lol

I’m still in the overwhelming phase of the after market options. So far i know I’m going to get a GRMS set up going, love the look of some of the old school sport/roll bars and lights, tonneau cover (will have to research which will actually work with the bar), sub upgrade for the audio (love Bose, but they’ve always been flat to my ears in vehicles), recovery gear/setup, and need to get my old military badging represented again.
I'm still in the honeymoon phase as well. I have only had my truck a week and a half.

I already alot of recovery gear, I think a winch will wait, the install on the bison bumper looks like a doozy.

The coms stuff is always something I looked at but never jumped into, there are just so many different options and variables. If I end up wheeling with a group consistently I'll just get whatever they have.

I picked up the BAK Revolver X4S cover. I think it will work for my needs. I am going to get some positionable crossbars to go over it as well I think. Roll bars could look nice as well. But I'd want to mount a basket to them I think.

I also have a set of mudflaps arriving Friday.

Most Member Reactions

Back