Skid Plate Question

billybob42

Reaction score
I am thinking of buying a 24 zr2 Bison, I drive alot of gravel roads and like the idea of the additional rock guards.

my question is how do they far with mud? does it get packed in a collect on top in impossible to clean places or do the stay fairly clean.

I am thinking of buying a 24 zr2 Bison, I drive alot of gravel roads and like the idea of the additional rock guards.

my question is how do they far with mud? does it get packed in a collect on top in impossible to clean places or do the stay fairly clean.
It's funny you ask because I was just thinking how dumb it was that the 1st skid in the front doesn't have relief holes at the bottom. Took me a while to clean out mud and clay from a trail.

I'll punch a few holes in it once I get a chance.

The other plates have plenty of holes minus the fuel skid and the diff plate.

I haven't run mine in much mud, but they collect plenty material from sand to dirt to gravel. In fact, it even seems to accumulate on some of the skids with the relief holes. It just sits next to the frame. Anyway, they still serve a good purpose, but it's av trade off.

Mine likes to accumulate a lot of grass and brush when I’m driving through fields. Gives off that “something is burning” smell!”

Most Member Reactions

Back